UPDATE a small miracle ! so aggressive hyperthermia in germany or watchful waiting at home with alte

Options
13»

Comments

• janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    tanstaafl said:

choosing sites
    Pete,
    Which kind of hyperthermia (HT) equipment are you considering? (how many major brands are there?) I notice that this European HT manufacturer that claims to be the "gold standard" lists equipment sited in Asia, closer, presumably less expensive. Since it didn't list Australia, I assume its likely they have another "brand" of HT equipment. Many seem to be combining radiation or chemo with their HT.

If we were pursing hyperthermia right now, I guess we would consider the likelihood of this being a periodic treatment, say 6 weeks HT every 5-15 months in combo with other treatments. For us, this would favor closer sources with a lot of comparision of experience base and "brand" equipment if time allowed.

Best to you, Pete. I think
    Best to you, Pete. I think you have made up your mind, so will be thinking of you.
    This is tough. I've been obsessed with that cancer vaccine trial that Pepe was offered. I'm not at that place yet. You are.....in my opinion, somewhere between clear, and MAYBE new activity....but still can't be seen on scans.
    Supposedly there are no bad effects with the vaccine.
    Hyperthermia, just seems old and still have to do it with chemo or radiation. You have certainly researched it more than I have, though, so what do I know.......but that vaccine, even though Phase 1, now that has me intrigued.
    I just feel like you've got time and assets, and praying you are making the best decision for you.
  • MSM
    MSM Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Pete, if it feels right, go
    Pete, if it feels right, go for it. I am currently in China undertaking 6 weeks of SPDT combined with low dose chemo (see www.coloncancerandyouth.com.au). I have also looked at the clinic in Germany with interest. If you go, keep us posted on your progress.

cheers
    Murray
  • charliesangel
    charliesangel Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Interesting...
    Hmmm... what an interesting response you have had Pete!! My father went through exactly the same thing, he worked all his life to build up over 1mil in cash and assets and my mother did not work at all. When he wanted to use some of the cash to head overseas for Cyberknife my mother went berzerk... how dare he spend part of her retirement (I use the word retirement loosely as she has not worked since she was a teenager) on a cancer treatment that Australia did not deem fit to have. Two and a half years later he is in remission after being told he was terminal and had less than a year left, all thanks to Cyberknife! (Yes, we did go overseas and spend some of her retirement!!)

Personally I think if you worked for the money, you can sure as buggery spend it on saving your life, and bugger the Mrs... I'm sure your kids would rather have their father around.

Let's be realistic, if Pete spent 30k out of a mil in assets, it's not going to send his wife broke, and I think it's outrageous she did not wish to spend the money.

I think it's great your being proactive, if I were you I would certainly want to get the nasty cancer cells before they are big enough to show on a scan, and quite possibly spread to the point of being terminal in the meantime. Go for it Pete and I look forward to hearing your report.

All the best.
    x
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    sdp said:

klinik
    Hi,

Which German klinik did u get the treatment from

Was at St George klinik at bad aibling?

Have u tried the univ of Frankfurt and Dr vogl?

Pl let me know

I am based in India and dx with colon cancer with extensive Mets to liver =

Dics here put me on chemo - folfox and erbitux

Have done a month then emergency hospitalisation for severe neutropenia
    have been in hospital since last 4 days on antibiotic and neupogen shots

Let me know

i pm'd you the clinik
    goodluck, sorry to about your problems, welcome to the board.

hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options
    Ted Jones said:

At what point
    Although my assets are not like Pete's my feelings are exactly like herdizziness. Accepting this disease and our mortality is a horrible thing to face. I know death is inevitable. However, to me having my wife and the kids have something to start their life with is very important to me. We all fight to win the nearly unbeatable fight. Some people win. Most of us may win a few battles but not the war. Giving all my assets to fight for a small period of time is simply not my cup of tea. The future for me is my wife and children and their ability to have a good life.

thanks ted
    hi ted,

what can i say,

lets agree yes death is inevitable.

i don't agree facing mortality is horrible,
    I personally have faced it many times in my life, i say bring it on,
    if we could live forever would our days be as special, i think not,

giving all my assets to fight for a small period of time, i agree with you that.
    sorry but the windfall is like a short term loan, i have been very fortunate in my life with regard to finance, i wished i could say the same about health, alas.

Maybe Ted, if we keep on winning battles, we might win the war.
    I am unrealist optomist, even if i die from this disease, i believe in reincardnation and everlasting life, so crc can never win.

its just some stupid cells, that we goto kill.

hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options
    tanstaafl said:

choosing sites
    Pete,
    Which kind of hyperthermia (HT) equipment are you considering? (how many major brands are there?) I notice that this European HT manufacturer that claims to be the "gold standard" lists equipment sited in Asia, closer, presumably less expensive. Since it didn't list Australia, I assume its likely they have another "brand" of HT equipment. Many seem to be combining radiation or chemo with their HT.

If we were pursing hyperthermia right now, I guess we would consider the likelihood of this being a periodic treatment, say 6 weeks HT every 5-15 months in combo with other treatments. For us, this would favor closer sources with a lot of comparision of experience base and "brand" equipment if time allowed.

tanstaafl thanks for filling in the blanks
    you are always helpful my friend, don't you ever to go to far away.

i cannot get the specifics out of the german clinics, yet!
    so i cannot compare results, this is a stumbling block so i am not going until i get this sorted.

its the colorectal expertese with hyperthermia i real want, at a budget price!
    I think i will just buy a sauna and an ecg machine on ebay and do it myself.

I think my protocol is probably just as good as most of the clinics.

will keep on researching and assessing health, test by test and scan by scan.

My health is improving, my bloods are getting better, its just the dammed cea marker, thats not falling. the next one I hope shows a decrease , i have stepped up the artemisinin, the iv c, etc etc etc. all these alternative strategies should kill the beast i hope.

hugs,
    Pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options
    MSM said:

Pete, if it feels right, go
    Pete, if it feels right, go for it. I am currently in China undertaking 6 weeks of SPDT combined with low dose chemo (see www.coloncancerandyouth.com.au). I have also looked at the clinic in Germany with interest. If you go, keep us posted on your progress.

cheers
    Murray

hi murray, give me a call if you want
    hi murray,

great website and goodluck.
    i'll keep you posted, here if / when i decide to get ht.

hugs,
    Pete

ps at 37 your just a baby, i thought i was young getting it at 43.
    maybe consider give fitgenes a call and do the genetics test, if you got the dollars
    genotics for the molecular test. give me a call if you are interested in either of these.
    we got some smart scientists in australia, its just clinical practise is 30 years behind.
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options
    Nana b said:

Pete, my husband would sell
    Pete, my husband would sell it all to find a cure for me. But there isn't a cure. NED last month and not this month. Major bummer. But like you I am waihing 90 days to see if the booger shows up on my PET. I dont think About CANCER EVERY DAY! HECK IF I DIDN'T hAVE THIS HERNIA. I WOULD FERL PRETTY GOOD.

No one can tell you what to do, and I don't think asking for a million is much to ask. I don't think your wife will be poor not with millions in assets, she should live a bit too. Life is too short. As for the kids. They won't starve.

go easy. Don't over do the thinking. Relax.

Raquel thanks
    i will relax, thanks again.
    hugs,
    PEte

ps sorry about the booger, i hope he is a noshow
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    plh4gail said:

Not the kids
    I was going to stay away from this as I have some concerns and questions that I don't think will matter what my opinion is. When it comes down to it you will do what you want to do.

The thing that I can't understand is how could you put your kids in the middle of an adult conversation between you and your wife. They have no business chosing a side. That could leave life long effects on them that they should never ever have to have....responsibility for their fathers health.... JMO.

You need to fix that pronto before you go any further with a decision.

plh4gail

~Gail