OT--I'm incredibly proud of my daughter...

Options
2»

Comments

• Muschi
    Muschi Member Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Ok. You made me cry!
    I believe your daughter is not only beautiful, but she is a loving and proud child. You are blessed.

The reason I cried is not only because I'm such a crybaby when I hear a beautiful story, but it brought back memories of me when I was 11. My mother had multiple sclerosis. This was back in the day before anyone thought about the psychological welfare of children so much, but my parents did what I consider the right thing. They involved me from the getgo in my mother's illness. And my memories of her are of a positive, and brave young woman who was determined to live large before the phrase was coined. I think I grew up healthy and positive because of her and because I was involved in her life and her illness which was pretty much most of my time with her. When I was 11,I wrote a report on MS. It was about the disease, but it was also about and for my mom. I bet she was very proud of me, too. I never really thought about her perspective before. Thank you.

You have every reason to be proud, Linda. Brag away. You have been blessed to see a side of your daughter some never see. You've obviously done such a good job. Hug her for me.

Love,
    Suzanne

Suzanne
    You made me think.......
    My Mom died with BC, she never included me in her going on's. Like how she felt or what the Dr said to her or how bad she felt. Maybe she thought it was for my benefit, I never will know! Now I have BC and I think so much about my Mom. I could have been on her side when she felt bad or just been there for her like my family is here for me. My Mom was a very reserved person, never let anyone know her feelings about anything. I am soooo glad I do things different. I have 3 grown up children and they know everything about my fight with C and that helps me soooooo much. How lonely my mother must have felt many times, because I know I feel sometimes lonely even with friends and family. I was a good kid, but I thought that back than that it was grown up bussiness beeng sick, because I didn't know different. Many times I think about my mother and wished she would have opened up to me, we could have shared. Your input helps me that I am glad that I am different and that I did right to let my family know how I feel and how it helps me for them to be there for me now. I know I ramble on but you "open" something in me......Thank you, Thank you!!!!!
    Ilona
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I have chills ... what a terrific,
    intelligent, gentle spirit you have raised. Abby has an idea on who, and what she wants
    to become, when she grows up.

Kudos, Miss Linda.

I so enjoy reading the positive impact -- our cancer journey has on our children . Words
    say .. so .. much ...

Vicki Sam

You should be proud
    Not only of your daughter but yourself. You not only talked the talk, but you've walked the walk. You have taught her determination, and I'm sure countless other life lessons she will need in her arsenal toolbelt as she grows into a beautiful, intelligent woman.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options

You should be proud
    Not only of your daughter but yourself. You not only talked the talk, but you've walked the walk. You have taught her determination, and I'm sure countless other life lessons she will need in her arsenal toolbelt as she grows into a beautiful, intelligent woman.

Keep on bragging!
    Very Awesome!! She's wonderful just like her mom. I'm with Traci, would love to read it!

Hugs, Debi
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Yeah!
    Linda... how your heart must be bursting with pride! I am with the others, if your daughter is okay with letting us read it, please post it for us.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Without missing a beat, Abby
    Without missing a beat, Abby said "sure" when I told her you all wanted to read it too. She's been doing a little editing so I will let you know when it's posted.

Thank you all for the lovely compliments...

Hugs,

Linda
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

Bragging Rights
    Linda,

You should be proud of your daughter. You have done a great job bringing up a compassionate woman who knows what is important in life. I'd love to read it if you ever want to post it.

Terry

Brag away! I would love to
    Brag away! I would love to read it too!