Another reason to eat celery,green peppers,carrots,oregano and other sources of the flavonoid "Lute

Options
2»

Comments

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    coloCan said:

They charge too much and i won;t understand much of what is
    written and docs won't read it anyway....Abstracts give a general idea; some sites have full article as well and i find "discussion" section most informative (plosone.org is one such site; rescancer.com posts tons of stuff but there are too many spelling errors so i wonder; titles of articles are interesting tho but you need to scroll thru numerous pages looking for CRC articles. As i rarely see items posted at this site on others, i wonder about credibility)
    Research gets published daily from all over the world and to sift thru whatever you can does get overwhelming,especially when one report says "do this and that" while another one says "don't do this and that", while three others conclude "maybe".....Still, its our life and to each his/her own and while what works for you may not work for me and vice versa by informing others of what we each learn and do perhaps someone can benefit....

i need a research partner here
    some uni kid doing a phd on bowel cancer that keen on nutrition, i will start looking.
    feeling washed out today.

we benefit by at least exercising our brains, and hopingfully saving a few bums. that includes our own. the prices for these articles is exhorbidant.

i got the best artcile on mushrooms from a top research scientist the other day , pm me with your email and i will forward it.

hugs,
    pete
  • Carl_Renee
    Carl_Renee Member Posts: 84
    Options

my friend, the focus has to be putting to good use
    as you said, all this research means shite from my experience with onc's
    if its not clinical practice backed by evidence, then no change.

the onc's conservative approach with patients with mcrc, well i find intriging, gee that high powered juice could kill you, you better keep yourself safe so the crc can do the job.

bringing all the research together is interesting.

i have been reading cancer research secrets by keith scott mumby.

don't read this book if your not interested in alternative cancer cures, its got lots.
    good stuff on avemar and kanglaite. and hundreds of others.

putting the research to good use, well lets look at it this way.

you find it, I try it.

hugs,
    Pete

ps do you ever find the full text version of the abstracts, i have not forked out the money for these information services yet, but i should

thanks for the book referral
    While googling more information found this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT6NpYHw760

For Carl he is working with naturopath, the blood type diet along with how each food makes him feel even if according to the Blood type he should be able to have it. He has developed diverticulitis thru this craziness so things like bread bother him. We would like to think we can totally forego chemo but scared to go one way or the other so just researching and see what feels best as we go thru this. Juicer should be here the end of next week. Something that a dr. while he was in back in November suggested since he can't have salads and other vital sources of nutrients in the greens dept of roughage.

Renee
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Given up
    Sorry just haven't got faith in all this stuff at the moment. Some have tried the healthy route, still get cancer again, or it just doesn't work on their current condition. Feeling really disillusioned over it all. Especially after Lisa and Nana B etc. What's the point. Sorry to those who still have faith in this method, just need to be convinced again, maybe will be, who knows.
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options

i need a research partner here
    some uni kid doing a phd on bowel cancer that keen on nutrition, i will start looking.
    feeling washed out today.

we benefit by at least exercising our brains, and hopingfully saving a few bums. that includes our own. the prices for these articles is exhorbidant.

i got the best artcile on mushrooms from a top research scientist the other day , pm me with your email and i will forward it.

hugs,
    pete

i found my first research assistant
    she is a lovelly girl doing her masters in biochemistry, she said she email the full articles to me.

from some of these links i want to read. the universities have full access to many of these online libraries.

a good example of syncronicity.

hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options
    Sonia32 said:

Given up
    Sorry just haven't got faith in all this stuff at the moment. Some have tried the healthy route, still get cancer again, or it just doesn't work on their current condition. Feeling really disillusioned over it all. Especially after Lisa and Nana B etc. What's the point. Sorry to those who still have faith in this method, just need to be convinced again, maybe will be, who knows.

i still have faith sonia
    mcrc is pretty tough, the carrots and celery can help me be healthy, its early in the game, lets see the end result before saying diet is no good. i am healthy and strong with a troublesome cea. i would still rather be where i am then otherwise, i have no regrets, except i should have had the tests i have done now, done earlier before the recurrance and had a molecularly based supplement regime.

my sons calling for his nightly story, got to go.

hugs,
    pete