Another reason to eat celery,green peppers,carrots,oregano and other sources of the flavonoid "Lute

Options
coloCan
coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
edited January 2012 in Colorectal Cancer #1
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-01/bc-pfl012012.php

"Plant flavonoid luteolin blocks cell signaling pathways in colon cancer cells"

also at;medicalnewstoday.com/releases/240628.php

Comments

• WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    Options
    high protein greek yourgurt
    You should also be eating high protein Greek yogurt, this will help with the any weight loss or tummy trouble and you will feel great and full of energy.
    Play hard and be the Bunny
    Penny
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options

high protein greek yourgurt
    You should also be eating high protein Greek yogurt, this will help with the any weight loss or tummy trouble and you will feel great and full of energy.
    Play hard and be the Bunny
    Penny

go steve go
    just what i needed this morning
    hugs,
    Pete
  • coloCan
    Options

go steve go
    just what i needed this morning
    hugs,
    Pete

wash it down with mate tea, as per the following:
    eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-01/uoic-cim012312.php

while you read this on inflammation and CRC:medicalxpress.com/print24655346.html

(I gotta start organizing my piles of printouts!)
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    And foods rich in Omega-3....
    Fatty fish like mackerel and salmon, and herring....lucky for me, those are in supply a-plenty here in The Netherlands...

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Fatty fish like mackerel and salmon, and herring....lucky for me, those are in supply a-plenty here in The Netherlands...

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Mate tea interesting .....
    Mate tea interesting ..... I couldn't open the second one though :( ColoCan is the "Can" in your name relate to your being Canadian?? If so while looking up this Mate tea on line there is actually Mate Canada tea distributor. I'm now curious and will be looking for it on the shelves at health food stores to try.
  • coloCan
    Options
    smokeyjoe said:

Mate tea interesting .....
    Mate tea interesting ..... I couldn't open the second one though :( ColoCan is the "Can" in your name relate to your being Canadian?? If so while looking up this Mate tea on line there is actually Mate Canada tea distributor. I'm now curious and will be looking for it on the shelves at health food stores to try.

Erroneous typing:correct link for inflammation should be
    medicalxpress.com/print246455346.html

As for coloCan:my chemo-addled brain needed something simple for me to remember so w/o much thought i came up with coloCan which should've been "coloCan'T" as in CRC can't stop me!!!!!!! No reference to Canada meant,tho i have been there twice,as far as Drummondville,I think it was...During early seventies with friends we msde much use of the hostels within Quebec.....
  • KathiM
    Options
    coloCan said:

wash it down with mate tea, as per the following:
    eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-01/uoic-cim012312.php

while you read this on inflammation and CRC:medicalxpress.com/print24655346.html

(I gotta start organizing my piles of printouts!)

Are there studies in humans?
    Seems all I can find is 'in vitro' (basically in a lab in a dish...) noticed your link says that, too...

(BTW, one article from NCI shows that drinking DEcaffinated coffee can reduce rectal cancer)...

Thanks, Kathi
  • coloCan
    Options
    KathiM said:

Dutch hugs, Kathi

For what its worth, the AICR has a site on latest info on foods
    and cancer at :aicr.org/foodsthatfightcancer

American Institute for Cancer Research (they also have a free newsletter you can sign up for)
  • smokeyjoe
    Options
    coloCan said:

For what its worth, the AICR has a site on latest info on foods
    and cancer at :aicr.org/foodsthatfightcancer

American Institute for Cancer Research (they also have a free newsletter you can sign up for)

Sippin on it right now,
    Sippin on it right now, they had Mate and Mate with Chai....went for the Chai, it's good :)
  • coloCan
    Options
    smokeyjoe said:

Sippin on it right now,
    Sippin on it right now, they had Mate and Mate with Chai....went for the Chai, it's good :)

Before you drink anymore yerba mate READ THIS ARTICLE:
    emaxhealth.com/8782/yerba-mate-tea-prevents-and-causes-cancer

The last few paragraphs deal with the downsides;
  • smokeyjoe
    Options
    coloCan said:

Before you drink anymore yerba mate READ THIS ARTICLE:
    emaxhealth.com/8782/yerba-mate-tea-prevents-and-causes-cancer

The last few paragraphs deal with the downsides;

Seems no matter what I do
    Seems no matter what I do I'm doomed!!!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options
    smokeyjoe said:

Seems no matter what I do
    Seems no matter what I do I'm doomed!!!

come on smokey cheer up
    if we die from an overdose of tea,
    well i can see the brightside,

at least the cancer did not get us.

I hope you can see my humour.

have fun surviving, i am trying too.

hugs,
    pete
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options
    maybe a little help
    dear steve,

by the time i do my routine, juice, diet, meditate, exercise and have fun, well
    research is challenging.

i always reply and say thanks to all the article you post for us.
    I know everyone reads them, i hope at least. well one does always when i see them.

so do you keep a DATE organised list of all the you share here for our interest links, do you have a blog. its just if you were doing this, then i won't bother summarising all your links for my own benefit.

I want to use the lastest nutritional based reseasch to update my regime.

in terms of organsing research well, I have two large folders, when for personal tests, bloods, ct, pet, etc etc, bills.

one folder for research, i have it filed by date, its the easiest way.

basically like to take all my files to each appointment, as I never know what direction the appointments will go.

hugs,
    Pete
  • k1
    k1 Member Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Forks Over Knives
    Has anyone else watched the 2011 documentary Forks Over Knives? I just watched it last night on Netflix. Very compelling and I recommend it. I actually hadn't heard of it and found it by accident, then read some of the reviews at forksoverknives.com and decided to watch it.

K1
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    coloCan said:

Erroneous typing:correct link for inflammation should be
    medicalxpress.com/print246455346.html

As for coloCan:my chemo-addled brain needed something simple for me to remember so w/o much thought i came up with coloCan which should've been "coloCan'T" as in CRC can't stop me!!!!!!! No reference to Canada meant,tho i have been there twice,as far as Drummondville,I think it was...During early seventies with friends we msde much use of the hostels within Quebec.....

Canadian Youths Being Hostile?
    Oh, you meant youth hostels...
    :-)
    I remember when that was a big thing. I think they still are in Europe.
    Thanks for the links Steve, I'll check them out. Hope things are well.
    -p
  • KathiM
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Canadian Youths Being Hostile?
    Oh, you meant youth hostels...
    :-)
    I remember when that was a big thing. I think they still are in Europe.
    Thanks for the links Steve, I'll check them out. Hope things are well.
    -p

Yup, still available in Europe...
    We stayed in a hotel across the street from a big one in Barcelona, Spain...and another in the Ahr river valley (read delicious red wines...) of Germany...

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • coloCan
    Options

maybe a little help
    dear steve,

by the time i do my routine, juice, diet, meditate, exercise and have fun, well
    research is challenging.

i always reply and say thanks to all the article you post for us.
    I know everyone reads them, i hope at least. well one does always when i see them.

so do you keep a DATE organised list of all the you share here for our interest links, do you have a blog. its just if you were doing this, then i won't bother summarising all your links for my own benefit.

I want to use the lastest nutritional based reseasch to update my regime.

in terms of organsing research well, I have two large folders, when for personal tests, bloods, ct, pet, etc etc, bills.

one folder for research, i have it filed by date, its the easiest way.

basically like to take all my files to each appointment, as I never know what direction the appointments will go.

hugs,
    Pete

Hi Pete, what i need to organize are the hundreds of pages i
    printed from internet which have been piling up over a year. Originally i had looseleafs for cancer in general CRC only, nutrition,nanotechnology,chemo,radiation but now i want to further refine it to genes,proteins,pathways, lung/liver,etc so i can readily look for something.....Hopefully i won;t need this for myself.....My medical records,blood results,etc are not as well-kept as they had been either..... I've always believed in that saying of knowing your enemy as well as yourself with the further belief that knowledge is power only if you put it to good use....steve
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    k1 said:

Forks Over Knives
    Has anyone else watched the 2011 documentary Forks Over Knives? I just watched it last night on Netflix. Very compelling and I recommend it. I actually hadn't heard of it and found it by accident, then read some of the reviews at forksoverknives.com and decided to watch it.

K1

Forks Over Knives
    Just watched it K1. VERY interesting. It makes a lot of sense too.
    Thanks for the recommendation
    Phil
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    Options
    coloCan said:

Hi Pete, what i need to organize are the hundreds of pages i
    printed from internet which have been piling up over a year. Originally i had looseleafs for cancer in general CRC only, nutrition,nanotechnology,chemo,radiation but now i want to further refine it to genes,proteins,pathways, lung/liver,etc so i can readily look for something.....Hopefully i won;t need this for myself.....My medical records,blood results,etc are not as well-kept as they had been either..... I've always believed in that saying of knowing your enemy as well as yourself with the further belief that knowledge is power only if you put it to good use....steve

my friend, the focus has to be putting to good use
    as you said, all this research means shite from my experience with onc's
    if its not clinical practice backed by evidence, then no change.

the onc's conservative approach with patients with mcrc, well i find intriging, gee that high powered juice could kill you, you better keep yourself safe so the crc can do the job.

bringing all the research together is interesting.

i have been reading cancer research secrets by keith scott mumby.

don't read this book if your not interested in alternative cancer cures, its got lots.
    good stuff on avemar and kanglaite. and hundreds of others.

putting the research to good use, well lets look at it this way.

you find it, I try it.

hugs,
    Pete

ps do you ever find the full text version of the abstracts, i have not forked out the money for these information services yet, but i should
  • coloCan
    Options

my friend, the focus has to be putting to good use
    as you said, all this research means shite from my experience with onc's
    if its not clinical practice backed by evidence, then no change.

the onc's conservative approach with patients with mcrc, well i find intriging, gee that high powered juice could kill you, you better keep yourself safe so the crc can do the job.

bringing all the research together is interesting.

i have been reading cancer research secrets by keith scott mumby.

don't read this book if your not interested in alternative cancer cures, its got lots.
    good stuff on avemar and kanglaite. and hundreds of others.

putting the research to good use, well lets look at it this way.

you find it, I try it.

hugs,
    Pete

ps do you ever find the full text version of the abstracts, i have not forked out the money for these information services yet, but i should

They charge too much and i won;t understand much of what is
    written and docs won't read it anyway....Abstracts give a general idea; some sites have full article as well and i find "discussion" section most informative (plosone.org is one such site; rescancer.com posts tons of stuff but there are too many spelling errors so i wonder; titles of articles are interesting tho but you need to scroll thru numerous pages looking for CRC articles. As i rarely see items posted at this site on others, i wonder about credibility)
    Research gets published daily from all over the world and to sift thru whatever you can does get overwhelming,especially when one report says "do this and that" while another one says "don't do this and that", while three others conclude "maybe".....Still, its our life and to each his/her own and while what works for you may not work for me and vice versa by informing others of what we each learn and do perhaps someone can benefit....