Surgery in a couple of hours- bring on the pain meds!

Options
HootieGirl
HootieGirl Member Posts: 85
Hi ladies! My girls weekend was exactly what I needed. We skied two days, went to the hot springs, drank lots of wine, played board games, watched movies and sat in the hot tub. It was perfect and so relaxing. Surgery is first thing tomorrow morning. I have to be at the hospital at 6am and the surgery is scheduled for 8am. I have been so busy trying to get all of my errands done and sitting through 5 hours of class that I haven't really had a chance to worry about it. I'm ready to get it over with though and start recovering! Please pray for my poor mother, though. Some snow boarder crashed into my dad this weekend and he snapped his humorous. My surgeon is doing his surgery on Thursday so we're going to be gimpys in the hospital together. We're having a competition of who can get the most visitors and I'm pretty sure I've got this one in the bag. Hopefully my mom doesn't lose her mind trying to take care of two cripples! Hope y'all had a nice long weekend. Think/pray about you girls always!

Kat

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    OK
    I think you will win too. A broken humerus is not humorous either. Good luck both of you.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Kat wish you and your dad
    Kat wish you and your dad the best. Your poor mom is right nothing worse than a recovering husband. lol. keep us posted and I am so glad you had a chance to relax b4 the surgery.
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck
    Best of luck to both you and your Dad with your surgeries. Glad to hear you had a good time with your friends. I'm sure you will be winning the visitor bet! You go girl! Prayers for you. I broke my humerous last year but I didn't need surgery, still not fun. Thinking of you both.

Terry
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Please be careful of pain
    Please be careful of pain meds...not sure what ..but I had a very very bad expericence post hysterectomy in May..total IMPACTMENT-2 ER Visits...take stoll softner etc..

Denise
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Please be careful of pain meds...not sure what ..but I had a very very bad expericence post hysterectomy in May..total IMPACTMENT-2 ER Visits...take stoll softner etc..

Denise

Kat .. I will be thinking and praying
    for you, and your dad. I am hoping your Mom has a pair of roller skates -- as I am sure
    she will be running from room to room.

You week-end get away -- sounds perfect! So happy all went well, with the exception
    of dad's snow accident - grrrr.

Hands down .. you will win the 'visitors' bet, as we Sisters in PINK -- will be
    with you along with all your Sorority Sisters and Friends. I am curious which group
    will be louder --- Sisters in PINK, or Sorority - Friends?

Speedy recovery vibes for the two of you.

Gentle hugs, along with prayers.

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

Best of Luck
    Best of luck to both you and your Dad with your surgeries. Glad to hear you had a good time with your friends. I'm sure you will be winning the visitor bet! You go girl! Prayers for you. I broke my humerous last year but I didn't need surgery, still not fun. Thinking of you both.

Terry

Praying for you and your
    Praying for you and your Father.

Hugs, Kylez
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Kat .. I will be thinking and praying
    for you, and your dad. I am hoping your Mom has a pair of roller skates -- as I am sure
    she will be running from room to room.

You week-end get away -- sounds perfect! So happy all went well, with the exception
    of dad's snow accident - grrrr.

Hands down .. you will win the 'visitors' bet, as we Sisters in PINK -- will be
    with you along with all your Sorority Sisters and Friends. I am curious which group
    will be louder --- Sisters in PINK, or Sorority - Friends?

Speedy recovery vibes for the two of you.

Gentle hugs, along with prayers.

Vicki Sam

Don't forget--we'll all be crowded into your room as well!
    so you're bound to win that contest. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you continue this journey of yours. Poor dad--at least you will have a partner to recover with!

So glad to hear about your fun getaway weekend. Sounds like so much fun. Nothing like being with your best girlfriends to take your mind off things and set the world straight again.

Take good care, Kat and post when you are able.

Love and hugs, Renee
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    You AND Your Dad
    You continue to have an absolutely amazing attitude. We could all learn a thing or two from you. I feel so sorry for your mom though. To have to deal with one surgical recovery patient is tough, but to have to deal with two at once? I wonder if the hospital will give your family a group discount (lol). I am sure you will win the visitors contest. After all the Pink Bus is rolling. I wish only good things for you.

IRENE
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Denise

Good luck Kat!
    Hugs, Jan

Good luck Kat!

Hugs, Jan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    camul said:

Kat wish you and your dad
    Kat wish you and your dad the best. Your poor mom is right nothing worse than a recovering husband. lol. keep us posted and I am so glad you had a chance to relax b4 the surgery.

Wishing you and your dad all
    Wishing you and your dad all the best with your surgery's. Post any update when you feel like it Kat.

Hugs, Lex
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options

You AND Your Dad
    You continue to have an absolutely amazing attitude. We could all learn a thing or two from you. I feel so sorry for your mom though. To have to deal with one surgical recovery patient is tough, but to have to deal with two at once? I wonder if the hospital will give your family a group discount (lol). I am sure you will win the visitors contest. After all the Pink Bus is rolling. I wish only good things for you.

IRENE

Sending Good Thoughts
    Hoping for a speedy recovery, for both you and your Dad. Poor Mom! Nothing worse than a "sick" man, although I think most men are alike in that regard. I was with you this morning, and am sending special thoughts to you. Post when you can, and know that you are officially a "survivor". Hugs, Judy
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

You AND Your Dad

IRENE

Will be thinking
    Will be thinking of you and your dad.Wishing both of you the best.Your mom has been hit with a double whammy.

I'm sure you will win on how many visitors.All your college friends,pink sisters and family will be there supporting you. Now remember only 2 per visit. Although I bet 4 and 5 will be there at a time.

Be sure and get some rest and let us know how things go.

Thoughts and Prayers to both of you,
    Lynn Smith
  • serenity92
    serenity92 Member Posts: 84
    Options

Will be thinking
    Will be thinking of you and your dad.Wishing both of you the best.Your mom has been hit with a double whammy.

I'm sure you will win on how many visitors.All your college friends,pink sisters and family will be there supporting you. Now remember only 2 per visit. Although I bet 4 and 5 will be there at a time.

Be sure and get some rest and let us know how things go.

Thoughts and Prayers to both of you,
    Lynn Smith

keeping you in my thoughts
    keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have lots of visitors with presents.
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers for
    My thoughts and prayers for you and your dad.Also praying for MoM men don't always make the best patients.Glad you had a great weekend.Hugs Frankie
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Sounds like you had
    a really great weekend (except for your Dad's accident). I will keep you both in my thoughts along with your Mom. I am sending positive energy to help with a quick recovery for you both.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Best of luck
    to you dear Kat!

Hope your surgery will be successful and you'll
    be rid of all the cancer.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

keeping you in my thoughts
    keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have lots of visitors with presents.

You are in my thoughts and
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Debby
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

Best of luck
    to you dear Kat!

Hugs,
    Ayse

Thinking of you
    and hoping for all good things coming your way.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sweet Kat!
    Hi dear sister Kat! I hope you and your dad had a smooth surgery with no complications. Hoping it's the last difficult time too. Praying you both have a quick recovery.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

Best of luck
    to you dear Kat!

Hugs,
    Ayse

Hoping your surgery went
    Hoping your surgery went smoothly for you Kat and for your Dad also!

Hugs and prayers to you,

Kylez