Options
124»

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Rague said:

I can't name just 1!
    I would have to say the first that really comes to mind is "Un Flambeau Jeanette Isabella". That is the first Christmas carol I learned in French when I was 6.

Oh Holy Night!
    "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire"
    Silver Bells

Yesterday, while riding with Hubby to a tow he had to do a song came on the radio that I'd never heard before but when I googled it - it' several years old now. The song is "Bring Him Home Santa". It had both of us in tears for somewhat different but similar reasons. As a child I had Christmases when Daddy was deployed (thankfully never to hostile regions). Hubby had spent several Christmases deploy so not home for our Sons. The last was when Boys were 12 and 13 so they weren't little but he wasn't home again - he was floating on the Ranger (aircraft carrier) waiting for Desert Storm to start. If you haven't heard the song please google it and give a prayer/thought all who are apart.

Susan

Mary Do You Know is pretty!
    Mary Do You Know is pretty!
  • MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Christmas Wrapping
    Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

My favorite is "O Come All
    My favorite is "O Come All Ye Faithful".

When I was a little girl ,maybe 4 or 5 years old, I was singing that song to my mom and dad. I stood tall and sang, "O come all ye faithful, joyful and umphant." My mom looked at me and said "Triumphant, sweetheart." To which I replied, " I AM trying umphant!"

So that song always is in the front of my favorites list.

I heard I think, Johnny
    I heard I think, Johnny Mathis?, singing Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire today in a store and I thought it was beautiful!

Jan