diet coke

Options
2»

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    hanging my head in shame
    Okay girls and boys let me confess what most of you will probably perceive as a sin or at least a bad idea for a 3 time survivor....diet coke is my drink of choice! I choose diet shasta because it does not have aspartame in it (splenda instead). I drink it daily along with iced tea and I have for many years. I have asked my doc if it caused my cancer since some family members were concerned, he said no he did not think so especially since I have such a huge bc family history. Everything in moderation is probably a good idea, I go a bit over the moderation line LOL! I have never smoked, never drank I am not a floosy so heh if diet coke is my one vice I think it's okay.

Hugs to all,

RE
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    RE said:

hanging my head in shame
    Okay girls and boys let me confess what most of you will probably perceive as a sin or at least a bad idea for a 3 time survivor....diet coke is my drink of choice! I choose diet shasta because it does not have aspartame in it (splenda instead). I drink it daily along with iced tea and I have for many years. I have asked my doc if it caused my cancer since some family members were concerned, he said no he did not think so especially since I have such a huge bc family history. Everything in moderation is probably a good idea, I go a bit over the moderation line LOL! I have never smoked, never drank I am not a floosy so heh if diet coke is my one vice I think it's okay.

Hugs to all,

RE

More Than Likely Safe to Drink
    Dear Re,

Considering that women have had breast cancer for over 2,500 years and there was no diet coke for most of that time, suspect it is quite safe to take. I drink it along with ice tea (summer). Unless you drink gallons of it, more than likely it won't hurt you.

Best,

Doris
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Hubby said:

I switched from Diet Coke to
    I switched from Diet Coke to flavored seltzer. They have lemon, lime, orange ... It takes about a week to get used to it. And when you are at a restaurant, you just ask for selter with lemon. And another benefit is that it looks like a drink, so if you don't want a drink at a party or at a bar, people won't bother you to drink. I also switched from equal to stevia in my coffee. This also takes a little while to get used to, but it can be done.

Water with lime or lemon
    I found water with piece of lemon or lime to do the trick in restaurants. I tried seltzer but couldn't get use to the taste. I've done the same at parties. I found that no one really cared what I was drinking.

I am not familiar with stevia, what is it?

Best,

Doris
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    SIROD said:

More Than Likely Safe to Drink
    Dear Re,

Considering that women have had breast cancer for over 2,500 years and there was no diet coke for most of that time, suspect it is quite safe to take. I drink it along with ice tea (summer). Unless you drink gallons of it, more than likely it won't hurt you.

Best,

Doris

Yes, ladies
    Yes, Ladies they still make Tab. It's my drink of choice and has been for years. Even since diagnosis, still drinking it. Even brought it to most of my rounds of chemo. Sorry it's just something I'm not willing to give up.

marge
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Yes, ladies
    Yes, Ladies they still make Tab. It's my drink of choice and has been for years. Even since diagnosis, still drinking it. Even brought it to most of my rounds of chemo. Sorry it's just something I'm not willing to give up.

marge

I drink caffeine free coke
    I drink caffeine free coke so I guess that isn't good.My other favorite is FUSION(a fruit and vegetable drink.I keep it on hand.A good antioxident.So I'll drink a coke and flush it down with FUSION.Will that work?????

I don't drink water.Never do.I know that isn't good. Haven't had alcohol in over 30 years.I think that lasted a couple weeks.Gave me bad Headaches.Wasn't worth drinking that nasty stuff.

Lynn Smith
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    SIROD said:

Water with lime or lemon
    I found water with piece of lemon or lime to do the trick in restaurants. I tried seltzer but couldn't get use to the taste. I've done the same at parties. I found that no one really cared what I was drinking.

I am not familiar with stevia, what is it?

Best,

Doris

I can't stand the taste of
    I can't stand the taste of diet anything, so, I drink the real stuff. lol It is one of my vices I guess. lol
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    RE said:

hanging my head in shame

Hugs to all,

RE

totally agree everything in
    totally agree everything in MODERATION>>>

Thanks girls..

I dont' feel so bad...on my splurge..I DON"T have it at home , only when go out with the girls, pizz etc...I DON"T drink or smoke..this is my only vice...hehe

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

I drink caffeine free coke
    I drink caffeine free coke so I guess that isn't good.My other favorite is FUSION(a fruit and vegetable drink.I keep it on hand.A good antioxident.So I'll drink a coke and flush it down with FUSION.Will that work?????

I don't drink water.Never do.I know that isn't good. Haven't had alcohol in over 30 years.I think that lasted a couple weeks.Gave me bad Headaches.Wasn't worth drinking that nasty stuff.

Lynn Smith

life time friend of mine had
    life time friend of mine had breast cancer many many times over 20 yrs prior to her death last year...she grew all her won veggies, raised sheep (at them at times) so all chemical free this and that..she did not smoke or drink and still died of cancer..and now her daughter starts her chemo this week...

I THINK much is just the hand we are dealt> dont' get me wrong I know many things can/ will cause cancer...

Denise
  • sunnyaz
    sunnyaz Member Posts: 582
    Options

totally agree everything in
    totally agree everything in MODERATION>>>

Thanks girls..

I dont' feel so bad...on my splurge..I DON"T have it at home , only when go out with the girls, pizz etc...I DON"T drink or smoke..this is my only vice...hehe

Denise

Diet Drinks and Gum
    I get a terrible reaction to diet drinks with NutraSweet (headaches and severe muscle pain). Many foods and almost all gum's have it. You can look it up on YouTube. There are some very bad reports about it but there are some that will argue that NutraSweet is not bad for you. Got into a long debate about it on the Thyroid Cancer boards with some doctor who obviously had some kind of vested interest. Also, anything in Aluminum is know to be dangerous. Some don't recommend deodorant with Aluminum base. One web site I was on said not to use anything but all natural deodorant.
    Blessings,
    Julie-SunnyAZ