Okay..talk to me

Options

Comments

• debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    JackieA said:

update
    Dr said his disease has not progressed. Took ct on chest and stomach...that's it. Bowels inflammed. I don't know what is going on. He feels crappy and not eating. They are checking calcium and magnesium. They are holding up on the chemo. But he just feel crappy. I need some answers and it does not seem like the dr is giving me the straight on things. If the disease is not progressing does that mean it is getting better?

So Sorry
    I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through this. My heart breaks for both of you. Cancer Sucks!!

Praying that the doctors find a reason and his pain subsides. Keep asking the doctors questions until you are satisfied and feel like you are getting straight answers.

Prayers and hugs,
    Debi
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    JackieA said:

update
    Dr said his disease has not progressed. Took ct on chest and stomach...that's it. Bowels inflammed. I don't know what is going on. He feels crappy and not eating. They are checking calcium and magnesium. They are holding up on the chemo. But he just feel crappy. I need some answers and it does not seem like the dr is giving me the straight on things. If the disease is not progressing does that mean it is getting better?

No...
    Jackie, it means that his bc has NOT gotten any worse...believe it or not, that's GOOD news! I, too,am, as are others on this board Stage IV .....to hear the disease has not progressed is good....that's what we want to hear.....More than likely his bowel inflammation can be treated...and that is what's causing his pain and discomfort....once that is addressed he should feel better...as for his not eating, they are, I would assume are giving him IV fluids....he's getting nourishment from that....also you must be direct in asking his doctors EXACTLY what is going on and what are they are going to do to treat what is going on.....

When was he diagnosed and what was his staging then and what type of bc does he have? .if I'm no being too nosey...

Keep us posted...we care and I wish you and your husband better days...
    Hugs,Nancy
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    JackieA said:

update

The doctor saying that your
    The doctor saying that your husbands cancer has not progressed is good news Jackie, isn't it? I am so sorry that he feels so crappy. But, it looks like his doctor is looking for an answer to it. Keep us posted.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Ask...
    His oncologist all these questions....or any physician that is treating your husband....don't let them intimidate you ..sounds like your husband has many issues that need addressed with his physicians....wish we could answer all these for you....

Keep posting....we care
    Hugs, Nancy

Insist that his oncologist
    Insist that his oncologist explains everything to you. I think sometimes, unless we kind of get pushy with our doctors, they just don't tell us what we really want to know.

Hugs, Jan
  • JackieA
    JackieA Member Posts: 150
    Options
    MAJW said:

No...
    Jackie, it means that his bc has NOT gotten any worse...believe it or not, that's GOOD news! I, too,am, as are others on this board Stage IV .....to hear the disease has not progressed is good....that's what we want to hear.....More than likely his bowel inflammation can be treated...and that is what's causing his pain and discomfort....once that is addressed he should feel better...as for his not eating, they are, I would assume are giving him IV fluids....he's getting nourishment from that....also you must be direct in asking his doctors EXACTLY what is going on and what are they are going to do to treat what is going on.....

When was he diagnosed and what was his staging then and what type of bc does he have? .if I'm no being too nosey...

Keep us posted...we care and I wish you and your husband better days...
    Hugs,Nancy

They are holding up on chemo
    The dr said that the numbers look pretty good. His cancer is not progressing in chest, however....My husband has stage iv breast cancer with mets to ALL of his bones. The ER dr told us that his bowels looked fine or should I say intestines, then we we were told by onc, looks like his bowels are inflammed. He is getting a break from chemo. In 2005 stage was 2b with few lymph nodes. 2009 it was everywhere, spine, skull, hips, ribs, sternum. He is hurting in his side. Having a hard time bringing pain under control. Dr kept him again. He was suppose to have a Pet scan, but dr cancelled it because they took a ct of chest and stomach. Makes no sense to me. Am I looking for something to be wrong? My husband still hurts and his appetite is diminishing every day. Lost 16 pounds in 2 weeks---for real.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    JackieA said:

They are holding up on chemo
    The dr said that the numbers look pretty good. His cancer is not progressing in chest, however....My husband has stage iv breast cancer with mets to ALL of his bones. The ER dr told us that his bowels looked fine or should I say intestines, then we we were told by onc, looks like his bowels are inflammed. He is getting a break from chemo. In 2005 stage was 2b with few lymph nodes. 2009 it was everywhere, spine, skull, hips, ribs, sternum. He is hurting in his side. Having a hard time bringing pain under control. Dr kept him again. He was suppose to have a Pet scan, but dr cancelled it because they took a ct of chest and stomach. Makes no sense to me. Am I looking for something to be wrong? My husband still hurts and his appetite is diminishing every day. Lost 16 pounds in 2 weeks---for real.

I wish I had the answers for
    I wish I had the answers for you Jackie, but, I guess you have to trust his doctors, or, have you considered a 2nd opinion? I am so sorry he is in so much pain. I would think his doctor could help with that.

Hugs and prayers to you and your husband,

Jan
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

The doctor saying that your
    The doctor saying that your husbands cancer has not progressed is good news Jackie, isn't it? I am so sorry that he feels so crappy. But, it looks like his doctor is looking for an answer to it. Keep us posted.

♥ Kristin ♥

Sending my prayers
    for you and you husband. I hope the pain is under control soon and he is able to go home soon, eat, and be comfortable.

Suzanne
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Ballerina said:

Tell Your Husband How Much
    Jackie, tell your husband how much you love him and need him repeatedly. If he won't come out of the room, when you are home, stay in there with him, and if he won't sit up, lay down with him.

Ballerina

Prayers and positive
    Prayers and positive thoughts!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Vigee
    Vigee Member Posts: 66
    Options
    So sorry
    Jackie,

Along with all the other ladies, I am SO SORRY you are going through this.

When I was really depressed right before my mastectomy, my partner started talking about the trips we were going to take. It seemed ludicris at the time, to be planning trips we could ill afford, but then I got into it. It really gave me some hope and something to look forward to. She threw out outrageous stuff, like a camel treck in Morroco!

Mostly I loved that she was trying SO hard to get me through this. That made me feel loved and it helped.

It must be so difficult to be a man with breast cancer. You just don't hear about it.

Don't let him give up.

We are thinking about you.
    <3
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Sending my prayers
    for you and you husband. I hope the pain is under control soon and he is able to go home soon, eat, and be comfortable.

Suzanne

Sending prayers too for your
    Sending prayers too for your husband and you Jackie. I pray that he gets relief soon.

Hugs, Noel
  • MellieMc
    MellieMc Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Vigee said:

So sorry
    Jackie,

When I was really depressed right before my mastectomy, my partner started talking about the trips we were going to take. It seemed ludicris at the time, to be planning trips we could ill afford, but then I got into it. It really gave me some hope and something to look forward to. She threw out outrageous stuff, like a camel treck in Morroco!

Mostly I loved that she was trying SO hard to get me through this. That made me feel loved and it helped.

It must be so difficult to be a man with breast cancer. You just don't hear about it.

Don't let him give up.

<3</p>

Suppport
    I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers.

I only know that if your bowels haven't moved for 2 weeks that is painful. I hope you get some answers and the care you need.

Mellie
  • JackieA
    Options
    MellieMc said:

Suppport

I only know that if your bowels haven't moved for 2 weeks that is painful. I hope you get some answers and the care you need.

Mellie

thank you for your prayers, concerns
    We came home! My husband begged the dr to let him come home for thanksgiving, and he did. The dr asked me what did I think, I said, "whatever you say..." Anyway, so far so good. He is eating a little but in a lot of pain. They have increased his pain med to 8mg of Dilaudid every 4 hrs. They did not increase the fentanyl. We manage to have a decent Thanksgiving. He wanted to spend time with family. He still hurts in his side. I am concerned that they did not treat the inflammed bowels. They said it will get better. This is the same crap (excuse me) they told my mother and she is dead and gone. However, she had colon cancer that spread to lungs, heart, pancreas. I am just frustrated...but I count the other a blessing. thnks
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    JackieA said:

We came home! My husband begged the dr to let him come home for thanksgiving, and he did. The dr asked me what did I think, I said, "whatever you say..." Anyway, so far so good. He is eating a little but in a lot of pain. They have increased his pain med to 8mg of Dilaudid every 4 hrs. They did not increase the fentanyl. We manage to have a decent Thanksgiving. He wanted to spend time with family. He still hurts in his side. I am concerned that they did not treat the inflammed bowels. They said it will get better. This is the same crap (excuse me) they told my mother and she is dead and gone. However, she had colon cancer that spread to lungs, heart, pancreas. I am just frustrated...but I count the other a blessing. thnks

Jackie thank you
    Jackie,
    Thank you for your update,
    I am glad that you and your husband had a decent Thanksgiving with family.
    As for the bowel inf, find somebody else to treat it. Good internal medicine or naturopat who will treat it. There is a special diet and recommendations on-line to these conditions please reach out to make him comfortable. Constipation is a side effect of Most pain killers .Stool softener usually help.
    Please keep us posted.
    Hugs and Prayers
    New Flower
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    JackieA said:

I am so glad that your
    I am so glad that your husband got to be home for Thanksgiving. Being with loved ones is the best medicine.

Glad that he is finally eating some, but, so sorry he is still in pain.

Praying for you Jackie and your husband,

Megan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    JackieA said:

Thanks for the update. I'm
    Thanks for the update. I'm so happy your family could be together at Thanksgiving.

Many prayers and hugs,

Noel
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

I agree
    I agree with Doris. You should call his doctor, even if he doesnt want you to do it.

I'm so sorry you're both going through this. Prayers and good thoughts are going out for you.

Marge

I am so sorry Jackie.
    I am so sorry Jackie. Positive thoughts, prayers and lots of hugs!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    MellieMc said:

Suppport

Mellie

I wish I could do more than
    I wish I could do more than just say how very sorry I am Jackie. I will be praying for your husband and for you. Thanks for keeping us updated. Please continue to share anything new with us.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Vigee said:

So sorry
    Jackie,

Don't let him give up.

<3</p>

How are you and Kip doing
    How are you and Kip doing Jackie? Just thinking of you...

Hugs, Lex
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    JackieA said:

update

Hoping you and your husband
    Hoping you and your husband are alright Jackie. Check in again when you can to update us.

Hugs, Megan
  • JackieA
    Options
    Alexis F said:

How are you and Kip doing
    How are you and Kip doing Jackie? Just thinking of you...

Hugs, Lex

Hi Lex
    Thank you for asking about us. I am at a state of confusion. We had a followup the other day. Well the dr. gave him the month off of chemo. We don't go back until January. In the mean time, he has been in a lot of pain. It is now difficult for him to ride in a car. The bumps hurt. Lots of pain in rib section and in the same place that he supposedly has inflamed bowels. How do you treat that? My husband told the dr that he had been having pain in his throat for a couple of months and that he can't hold his head back without hurting. His appetite is there a little, but quality of life is not good.BUT his dr says his chemistry is good. I can not understand.

I believe that they took my husband off chemo for this month because for the last 2 months the insurance did not pay for his treatment on one of his drugs...10,500. It was charged back to the clinic. I don't know if they got a prior first or what. A lot of red tape. As I look over the past year, my husband has gone from 178 pounds this time last year to 154. He is not gaining weight. He started out 2 & half years ago weighing---250. My husband is so weak. Most days he is grouchy and full of pain. As for me, I want some answers...