Thanksgiving

Options

Comments

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    susan0803 said:

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving
    Just wanted to say thank you again to everyone on this board and Happy Thanksgiving. It's been a year too since my husband finished his treatments and what a long interesting journey it has been. I am thankful that my husband is here, and that we are closer now than we ever were before. I am very thankful for my life, my husband, my family, my friends, my job, my dog and everything else that I am a part of. (Sweetblood - I love your new photo. Not sure when you posted it but you look terrific!)
    Love and Peace.
    Suzanne

Suzanne
    Thank you. The photo of me and Nizzy is just from the beginning of November.

Glad to see you check in. Glad you guys are doing ok.
  • dogsrule
    dogsrule Member Posts: 96
    Options

Suzanne
    Thank you. The photo of me and Nizzy is just from the beginning of November.

Glad to see you check in. Glad you guys are doing ok.

Happy Thanksgiving
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I haven't logged on in a while. Sweet, I am so glad to see how well you are doing. I know it's been a long, hard road for you and I am delighted to know you are better.
    I am feeling great. It's been 2 years since my neck disection and it will be 2 years in Feb that I finished my radation treatments. I beleive the cancer is gone and I am so thankfull.
    To everyone that is suffering with this right now. Please know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    dogsrule said:

Happy Thanksgiving
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I haven't logged on in a while. Sweet, I am so glad to see how well you are doing. I know it's been a long, hard road for you and I am delighted to know you are better.
    I am feeling great. It's been 2 years since my neck disection and it will be 2 years in Feb that I finished my radation treatments. I beleive the cancer is gone and I am so thankfull.
    To everyone that is suffering with this right now. Please know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Dogsrule
    Good to see you and even better to read you are doing great.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    dogsrule said:

Happy Thanksgiving

ARFFF ~ DogsRule ---- (Cats Drool)...
    Just barking in and wagging my tail, and to say congrats on your progess and success...

Best,
    John
  • Puggle
    Puggle Member Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!
    I am so thankful that my husband is here to celebrate Thanksgiving! I'm also thankful that he will be able to eat and enjoy dinner! I'm cooking so I can control the amount of spices in the food so hopefully he will be able to enjoy a bit of everything. Back in August, when he completed treatments, or September, when he was hospitalized, we didn't think he would get to this point so that make it much more special to us.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving Traveling

My Son works for metro they take care of all the Emergency Helicopters in this area for when there is an accident on the road or offshore. He said to me I guess it will be a busy week with the holidays coming.

I hope and pray that each of you who may be traveling will give yourself time to get where you are going with out rushing. And please be carful and look out for the other guy who may be in a rush to get to where he is going.

We need you all so please take can when Traveling over the holidays
    Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    I made my cranberry relish
    I made my cranberry relish today. I only had one spoonful, but it tasted awesome and didn't seem to burn at all! Yay! I'm trying hard not to get into the cranberry relish, or I won't have any for tomorrow. Definitely going to put more cranberries on my shopping list, so I can make it again. The recipe made 4 half pint jars. I used the recipe above using 1 orange, 1 honeycrisp apple, a big handful of raisins, cloves and cinnamon stick, sugar, and water.....

I have been craving this for a couple years now, so I am hoping it will be as yummy tomorrow as my spoonful while cooking it was. I may also make some to give as gifts.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

I made my cranberry relish today. I only had one spoonful, but it tasted awesome and didn't seem to burn at all! Yay! I'm trying hard not to get into the cranberry relish, or I won't have any for tomorrow. Definitely going to put more cranberries on my shopping list, so I can make it again. The recipe made 4 half pint jars. I used the recipe above using 1 orange, 1 honeycrisp apple, a big handful of raisins, cloves and cinnamon stick, sugar, and water.....

I have been craving this for a couple years now, so I am hoping it will be as yummy tomorrow as my spoonful while cooking it was. I may also make some to give as gifts.

Address...
    You do have my address don't you....LOL.

Love ya girly,
    John, Shelley and "The Chocolate Drops"
  • Hondo
    Options

Sweets for Sweet
    Boy that sounds good I just wish my taste for sweets was back again. I can normally taste something sweet only once or twice and then it has no taste from there on. But boy that one time sure makes it worth it remembering how good it is.

Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Address...
    You do have my address don't you....LOL.

Love ya girly,
    John, Shelley and "The Chocolate Drops"

:)
    That can be arranged!
  • mixleader
    mixleader Member Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Happy Thanksgiving to all. My wife and I are headed over to my son's house soon for a late Thanksgiving dinner. I will have to eat small portions since I don't have much of an appetite and lots of things burn my mouth and tongue, but I can still eat and enjoy some things. Even better than the dinner is being with my son and my four beautiful grandbabies. May we all have many more Thanksgivings with loved ones and those of you who cannot enjoy the food this season, at least enjoy friends and loved ones and we can be thankful that we are still here.

Roger
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    mixleader said:

Happy Thanksgiving
    Happy Thanksgiving to all. My wife and I are headed over to my son's house soon for a late Thanksgiving dinner. I will have to eat small portions since I don't have much of an appetite and lots of things burn my mouth and tongue, but I can still eat and enjoy some things. Even better than the dinner is being with my son and my four beautiful grandbabies. May we all have many more Thanksgivings with loved ones and those of you who cannot enjoy the food this season, at least enjoy friends and loved ones and we can be thankful that we are still here.

Roger

Roger
    Have a lovely time with your family. Happy Thanksgiving.
  • rush1958
    rush1958 Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving
    Have great Thanksgiving!

Rush
  • Hondo
    Options
    mixleader said:

Happy Thanksgiving

Roger

Hi Roger

So very right, just being with our family and being with the grandchildren make all the pain that we go through all worth it, just to be with them. I hope I can live just to see them grow-up and see what they become in life. And I hope my faith and belief in God will be what they all take after me to help and guide them in their life.

Have a happy day of giving Thanks.
    Hondo
  • dales2loud
    dales2loud Member Posts: 45
    Options

Why is what in red?
    I have

Why is what in red?

I have to tell you the hairy tongue thing does not sound like a good time. Hope you get that resolved.

Just in time
    I had some great advice about Hairy Tongue cure, and it seems to have worked. I had a great meal today and things could not have been any better. For those of you still unable to eat, my heart goes out to you and my prayers.
    Red, when I typed this the first time it was all red, bu when I posted it, it was black?
  • dales2loud
    Options

Why is what in red?
    I have

Why is what in red?

I have to tell you the hairy tongue thing does not sound like a good time. Hope you get that resolved.

Just in time
    I had some great advice about Hairy Tongue cure, and it seems to have worked. I had a great meal today and things could not have been any better. For those of you still unable to eat, my heart goes out to you and my prayers.
    Red, when I typed this the first time it was all red, bu when I posted it, it was black?
  • dales2loud
    Options
    dogsrule said:

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving
    Great news, and happy two years clean for you.
  • sue5749
    sue5749 Member Posts: 170
    Options

So sorry, Sue. I know how
    So sorry, Sue. I know how much that sucks. He may not be able to eat, but you guys are together and have eachother.

Sending hugs and best wishes.

eating
    I know it really does suck that he can't eat anything, and we were sitting and watching tv today and it just seemed that all the commercials was about nothing but food. Not just because it is Thanksgiving but always. Or am I just imagining it? i am thankful that we are together this Thanksgiving, maybe I am just over exaggerating? Sue
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    sue5749 said:

eating
    I know it really does suck that he can't eat anything, and we were sitting and watching tv today and it just seemed that all the commercials was about nothing but food. Not just because it is Thanksgiving but always. Or am I just imagining it? i am thankful that we are together this Thanksgiving, maybe I am just over exaggerating? Sue

no, i dont think its you
    When I couldn't eat, I swear every stupid commercial was food related. grrr. I don't even like KFC or Pizza Hut and those commercials even made me want to cry because they looked so good. I listened to a lot of my talk radio shows. I could not watch Food Network, and my parents and best friends knew that they would be taking their lives in their hands if they put on a cooking show whilst I was present. I was just a tad cranky. 8/

When you start looking at the stuff that Andrew Zimmerman is eating and wonder what it would taste like, then y0oou have gone way too long without food! :-)
  • DrMary
    DrMary Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    rush1958 said:

Thanksgiving
    Have great Thanksgiving!

Rush

Full plate
    I couldn't believe how much food Doug put on his plate today - and ate it all. What a difference a year makes.

Life is good. Happy Thanksgiving - may each year get better and better for all of us.