My decision

124»

Comments

• John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    laurettas said:

Hi Lisa,
    I just saw this and thought of you:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/celldex-therapeutics-announces-initiation-of-phase-1-clinical-trial-of-cdx-1127-2011-11-08

Didn't know if you had any interest in the immunotherapy treatment or not but wanted you to know about it just in case you did have interest.

Blessings to you!

Tough link?
    OOps, double post
  • John23
    laurettas said:

Hi Lisa,
    I just saw this and thought of you:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/celldex-therapeutics-announces-initiation-of-phase-1-clinical-trial-of-cdx-1127-2011-11-08

Didn't know if you had any interest in the immunotherapy treatment or not but wanted you to know about it just in case you did have interest.

Blessings to you!

Tough Link?
    Market Watch
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Buckwirth said:

The autobot
    found a bad word in your link.

Market Watch

And apparently the same one in mine. The word is market watch. Make it into one word and you get **** in the middle...

My only caveat is this is a phase 1 trial, so it is only trying to determine safe dosing and side effects, not drug efficacy.

thanks
    Thanks for the link on this trial. My worry is that I've always been leery of any phase I trial. As Blake said, phase I trials are trying to find what dose is safe- so they up and up the dose until some patients in the trial start having problems and that's how they determine what an unsafe dosage is. I don't think I want to be part of that, but thanks for the lead anyhow. :)

Lisa
  • laurettas
    laurettas Member Posts: 372
    lisa42 said:

thanks
    Thanks for the link on this trial. My worry is that I've always been leery of any phase I trial. As Blake said, phase I trials are trying to find what dose is safe- so they up and up the dose until some patients in the trial start having problems and that's how they determine what an unsafe dosage is. I don't think I want to be part of that, but thanks for the lead anyhow. :)

Lisa

I'm still pretty new at all of this so don't really know what all of these trials, etc. involve. That is why I just throw things out and leave others who are more knowledgeable to throw in the caveats! Or caviar! Both are fine.
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member
    laurettas said:

I'm still pretty new at all of this so don't really know what all of these trials, etc. involve. That is why I just throw things out and leave others who are more knowledgeable to throw in the caveats! Or caviar! Both are fine.

I am going to leave that choice
    to your sturgeon.
  • have2believe
    have2believe Member Posts: 134
    lisa42 said:

thanks

Lisa

Just wanted to thank you
    Dear Lisa,
    Thank you for your openness in sharing your experiences and knowledge. I believe the body is so complex and so is cancer, you've fought it with guns and now taking a different route, which I'm sure will be just as fierce. You just won't have the nasty side effects. I wish you great success and my sincere support.
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Tough to read
    It is tough to read, but I completely understand. I know some people who having gone through chemo and surgery one round, and have said never again. Everyone has to decide at some point what they feel is right for them, only you can decide this. Your determination and strong will is an inspiration to me and will continue to be so for always. I hope one day colon cancer will have a better targeted therapy to fight it, I think this is just around the corner. Prayers for you as you venture into this new phase of your fight.
  • John23

Tough to read
    It is tough to read, but I completely understand. I know some people who having gone through chemo and surgery one round, and have said never again. Everyone has to decide at some point what they feel is right for them, only you can decide this. Your determination and strong will is an inspiration to me and will continue to be so for always. I hope one day colon cancer will have a better targeted therapy to fight it, I think this is just around the corner. Prayers for you as you venture into this new phase of your fight.

christinecarl -

Market Watch is a website geared for investors, so anything we may
    read there are what are called "forward looking statements". That means,
    that what they are telling us may be some fairly large embellishments
    of the actual facts. They are looking for investors, and try to provide
    the best sounding wording they can, even if they leave out a few points!

It's like a resume' for a high paying job by an otherwise unqualified
    job seeker. If you read it that way, you won't get hurt.

I had a ton of faith in a product known as "Trovax". I don't think
    I'll be seeing that miracle drug anytime soon, either.

Best of health to you,

John
  • laurettas
    laurettas Member Posts: 372
    Buckwirth said:

I am going to leave that choice
    to your sturgeon.

No caviar from you?
    You have lots of caveats so guess that will have to do. Maybe someone else has some caviar to spare.
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    Wow
    Wow Lisa. I am not sure how I missed this post before. Reading it made my heart a little heavier, but knowing you are content with your desicion, makes my heart happy. I am so glad you are content with your decision. I really am. Now get to work building up that immune system!
    Absolutely best wishes,
    Rick