I am dying

Options
13»

Comments

• T-Bird
    T-Bird Member Posts: 25
    Options
    so saddened & shocked to read this........
    Dear Lee & Chantel;

I am so very saddened to read this news – my heart aches for you both.
    After reading all your posts and following your journey with your utmost strength, courage, tenacity, sense of humor and class; you are such an inspiration to me in fighting my own battle.

My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you both during this next stage, that you are able to spend quality (pain free) time with your loved ones and that your feelings of fear & terror turn to ones of calm & peace.

Teresa
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Options
    Lee and Chantal,
    My thoughts

Lee and Chantal,

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you enter this most difficult time. And as with all things enjoy your days, spend time with each other, reach out to the others in your life, love each other. While, it is so painful, there is a gift of being able to not left any unsaid words.

You both have been such a gift to us all and have touched my heart. I pray that you are able to go home soon. Being together and in your own home is so much better than in a hospital. And yes not having to leave Lee at the hospital will bring you such peace and to him as well. I can't tell you what a difference it made for our family when we were able to get Dad out of the rehab hospital and move him into an apartment (We were in Pittsburgh and he couldn't travel home to New Orleans).

I'm hoping that you will have days ahead filled with joy and love.

Best,
    Cindy
  • jax568
    jax568 Member Posts: 57
    Options

Lee and Chantal,
    My thoughts

Lee and Chantal,

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you enter this most difficult time. And as with all things enjoy your days, spend time with each other, reach out to the others in your life, love each other. While, it is so painful, there is a gift of being able to not left any unsaid words.

You both have been such a gift to us all and have touched my heart. I pray that you are able to go home soon. Being together and in your own home is so much better than in a hospital. And yes not having to leave Lee at the hospital will bring you such peace and to him as well. I can't tell you what a difference it made for our family when we were able to get Dad out of the rehab hospital and move him into an apartment (We were in Pittsburgh and he couldn't travel home to New Orleans).

I'm hoping that you will have days ahead filled with joy and love.

Best,
    Cindy

In my thoughts and prayers
    I think of you two often and say my prayers for Chantal to have the strength needed and Lee to be pain free and home.
    Lee, thank you for your honesty as I feel I will be better prepared for my husband because of you. God bless you Lee.
    Chantal, as you know you're not alone. Strength and much love coming your way.
  • ArchTB
    ArchTB Member Posts: 150
    Options
    I admire you both
    Lee, Chantal
    I admire you both for your strength and your continuous support that you knowingly and not knowingly give everyone on this board. You have so much love for each other that it affects everyone around you. Finding this love alone makes your lives meaningful.
    Olya
  • Cora11
    Cora11 Member Posts: 173
    Options
    ArchTB said:

I admire you both
    Lee, Chantal
    I admire you both for your strength and your continuous support that you knowingly and not knowingly give everyone on this board. You have so much love for each other that it affects everyone around you. Finding this love alone makes your lives meaningful.
    Olya

Dear Lee and Chantal
    I send you wishes of comfort and peace in this part of your journey. What I know to be true is that you both have an incredible spirit of generosity and I know that will surround you both and that love and support will come back to you now in so many ways. What a story of love and courage... always teaching.
    With love, inspiration
    Cora
  • jss2011
    jss2011 Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Cora11 said:

Dear Lee and Chantal
    I send you wishes of comfort and peace in this part of your journey. What I know to be true is that you both have an incredible spirit of generosity and I know that will surround you both and that love and support will come back to you now in so many ways. What a story of love and courage... always teaching.
    With love, inspiration
    Cora

Comfort and Peace
    Lee and Chantal,
    I first want to thank you for sharing your journey, it has sure been a bumpy road. I admire your strength and courage. May the road to come be pain free and may you find comfort and peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Julie
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Lee, thanks so much for your
    Lee, thanks so much for your open sharing. Your words are an encouragement to those fighting the beast. When I was diagnosed four years ago I thought it was the end, but God in his mercy said "not yet". I am a great grandmother now and I have children your age.It's times like this I ask why. Cancer claimed the life of my pastors little 3 1/2 year old daughter, and so many other young people I have known. I can't help but feel guilty, but I give God thanks I am NED today. Only He knows the reasons why.
    I promise you and all the others on here in this battle, I will continue fighting for awareness. Knowledge is the key to open the door against this beast.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and Chantal. I pray for God's comfort to suroound you both,
    Sandra
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Praying For You
    Hello Dearest Lee and Chantel
    We have followed you along your journey. There does come a time in this journey, when enough is enough. You know that feeling. We did with my dad. You gotta know when to hold em' and know when to fold em'. I have lived and learned a whole lot from my dad's journey with EC. Keep on top of your pain management. Enjoy your days the best you can. Tell each other and all your friends and family how much you love them. Communication is most important. Dear Heavenly Father, I lift Lee and Chantel up to you this day. You know too well the situation they have been dealing with. Please give them the strength and the peace they all need at this most difficult time. And if it is your will dear Lord to bring Lee home, please do so, but please do so peacefully. Thank You. Amen. Keep in touch. We are here.
    Tina in Va
  • lilrusty
    lilrusty Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Lee and Chantal
    It broke my heart to read your post. You and Chantal have put so much of yourselves out here for all to learn. For that I thank you. Being new to this horrible disease, I fear what everyone knows, but few talk about. I pray that your time together is filled with love, peace, and pain free days.
    Love,
    Chrissy
  • ritawaite13
    ritawaite13 Member Posts: 236
    Options
    So Sorry
    Lee and Chantal,
    I am so sorry to read this post. Although we are all terminal, to actually know the end is near is so profound. I pray that you can find peace and comfort and slip quietly away in your sleep.
    Love Rita
  • mardigras
    mardigras Member Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Everyone is rooting for you Lee and Chantal
    Thank you for being so incredibly brave and sharing your journey with us all.
    May God bless you and keep you in his arms, and free from pain.
    I wish you strength Chantal and love and peace.
    Prayers and hugs
    Marci x
  • Daisylin said:

oh boy,
    Thank you all so very much for your words of love, comfort and wisdom in this very sad chapter in our battle. We are certainly hoping to get Lee home, where he can be comfortable and be in a place with his loved ones. We are hoping to meet with the team tomorrow, and let them know our goals. Lee and I had a good talk today about my role as caregiver once he comes home. The thought is a bit daunting, but home is where I want him. I am able to take a leave from work, so that is the plan. We don't have the details yet, but I know that home nursing and care are available to us. I am confident that Lee will feel safe and secure in his own bed, with myself and Daisy at his side. It may be a major challenge for me, but seeing him in the hospital and feeling crippling guilt when I have to leave him for the evening is harder still.

As of today, Lee was given some drugs to get his fluids moving out. (not sure of the spelling, but sounds like lasiks) which did not really work, but they are going to try it again tomorrow. They also gave him lactulose (sp?) for bowel movement. They continue to monitor his pain, and as he mentioned, they increased his patch and also the breakthrough.

They finally started his feeds, at a very slow rate, but better that than nothing. I hope that once he gets some nutrition into him, he'll have a bit more energy. He went almost 6 days on only iv hydration and ice chips. No wonder he's weak as a kitten!! He's also on a fluid diet, so he can have juice, ice cream and broth!!

I guess that's it for my update, I really just wanted to let you all know how very touched I was to read all of your posts. You are all such wonderful people, and I truly wish I could meet and hug each and every one of you.

Much love,
    Chantal

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Daisylin said:

oh boy,
    Thank you all so very much for your words of love, comfort and wisdom in this very sad chapter in our battle. We are certainly hoping to get Lee home, where he can be comfortable and be in a place with his loved ones. We are hoping to meet with the team tomorrow, and let them know our goals. Lee and I had a good talk today about my role as caregiver once he comes home. The thought is a bit daunting, but home is where I want him. I am able to take a leave from work, so that is the plan. We don't have the details yet, but I know that home nursing and care are available to us. I am confident that Lee will feel safe and secure in his own bed, with myself and Daisy at his side. It may be a major challenge for me, but seeing him in the hospital and feeling crippling guilt when I have to leave him for the evening is harder still.

As of today, Lee was given some drugs to get his fluids moving out. (not sure of the spelling, but sounds like lasiks) which did not really work, but they are going to try it again tomorrow. They also gave him lactulose (sp?) for bowel movement. They continue to monitor his pain, and as he mentioned, they increased his patch and also the breakthrough.

They finally started his feeds, at a very slow rate, but better that than nothing. I hope that once he gets some nutrition into him, he'll have a bit more energy. He went almost 6 days on only iv hydration and ice chips. No wonder he's weak as a kitten!! He's also on a fluid diet, so he can have juice, ice cream and broth!!

I guess that's it for my update, I really just wanted to let you all know how very touched I was to read all of your posts. You are all such wonderful people, and I truly wish I could meet and hug each and every one of you.

Much love,
    Chantal

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • ABC321
    ABC321 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Love from Oz...
    X
  • Denise54
    Denise54 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Time
    Lee and Chantal,
    I'm saddened with the recent update. I know you stated that it's just a matter of time, please know that you made a huge impact to this battle that we're all trying to fight. The both of you have been such huge blessings and positive enforcers. Know that love and prayers are being sent your way from Hawaii.

Denise
  • annalan
    annalan Member Posts: 138
    Options
    ABC321 said:

Love from Oz...
    X

Love from England
    x

Love from England
    x
  • json_2011
    json_2011 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    Lee brother your spirit has
    Lee brother your spirit has over come us all here , and my heart goes out to you , your family. All though we speak through words via the computer , I do pray for each and you will be in my prayers today as I travel. May God ease your pain - were thinking of you .

Jason
  • mrsbotch
    mrsbotch Member Posts: 349
    Options
    I am heartbroken
    My dearest Lee and Chantel

I read your post Lee today as I have not had a computer for days.
    My heart literally aches for both of you. What a tragedy that another of our brave soldiers are taking this journey. Lee, you and Eric, have been our strength to get thru all our grief. Do you know what a difference both of you have made in so many of our lives. Both of you have touched me in a way that no one else has. The bond I feel is tremendous.

I love both of you and your beautiful wives.Please know that you will be well taken care of by many.
    You will ALWAYS be in my heart

Barbara
  • doodie
    doodie Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm dying
    I am new to this site and I am so saddened to read your health news. My heart goes out to you, and your family. I pray for God to be near you at the start of each new day, and I pray for God's loving care for you. We all fear your news, this cancer is a terrible disease. I wish there was more I could say...

Time is to slow for those who wait...
    To swift for those who fear...
    To long for those who grieve...
    To short for those who rejoice...
    But ~ ~ for those who love...
    Time is eterity...
    God Bless you...As long as the heavens stars exist," God will be there for you..."