Linda P. Where are you?

Options

Comments

• Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options

Had my 'tea' with the girls this afternoon
    If any of the last 4 chemos drugs I tried last had worked at all for me, I probably would have shopped around and found an oncologist willing to give it to me. But since chemo has steadily allowed disease progression (even while I was TAKING it!), I knew it was time for me to stop treatments and just work on preserving my quality of life for the short amount of time I have left. Lately I feel that I am going downhill pretty fast, but I also think that maybe it just feels like that because I am taking so MANY new meds and my body is trying to find a balance with all that. I never had to take anti-nausea drugs or pain killers in my 3 years of cancer treqatments, so introducing those pills and potions (which I DO need in order to get up and do things instead of curling up in bed) has opened up new constipation and nausea challenges. So I have have 3 new drugs to deal with that. And the increase in my bilirubin levels causes itching and they gave me 3 drugs (2 oral, a topical) to manage that. So that's a lot of new medication to start in the same week. I think once I get used to ingesting all the new meds and we get the balance just right, I'll feel so much better. Hope so. Hospice is going to come in twice weekly to help us accomplish that.

I've had a couple of rough nights but am happy to have gone out with my girlfriends today. (Although, honestly, I got so tired and uncomfortable by the time we left the restaurant that I wanted to cry.) Without the parensentesis I don't think I would have been able to but I am so much more comfortable now. And I needed to get away from my loving and grieving family for a little bit and gossip and giggle. My bots and DIL have reacted to my hospice decision by taking medical leave from their work to be with me more, and they want to move up Thanksgiving, afraid I won't be alive in 3 weeks apparently. Now ME personally, I feel pretty confident I have more time than that! I had creme brulee' for dessert; does that sound like someone who will be dying any day now?

Thank you all for your love and support!

I am in complete agreement
    I am in complete agreement with the character in "The C Word"...."These days, I only order alcohol and dessert."

Carlene
  • Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Options

If any of the last 4 chemos drugs I tried last had worked at all for me, I probably would have shopped around and found an oncologist willing to give it to me. But since chemo has steadily allowed disease progression (even while I was TAKING it!), I knew it was time for me to stop treatments and just work on preserving my quality of life for the short amount of time I have left. Lately I feel that I am going downhill pretty fast, but I also think that maybe it just feels like that because I am taking so MANY new meds and my body is trying to find a balance with all that. I never had to take anti-nausea drugs or pain killers in my 3 years of cancer treqatments, so introducing those pills and potions (which I DO need in order to get up and do things instead of curling up in bed) has opened up new constipation and nausea challenges. So I have have 3 new drugs to deal with that. And the increase in my bilirubin levels causes itching and they gave me 3 drugs (2 oral, a topical) to manage that. So that's a lot of new medication to start in the same week. I think once I get used to ingesting all the new meds and we get the balance just right, I'll feel so much better. Hope so. Hospice is going to come in twice weekly to help us accomplish that.

I've had a couple of rough nights but am happy to have gone out with my girlfriends today. (Although, honestly, I got so tired and uncomfortable by the time we left the restaurant that I wanted to cry.) Without the parensentesis I don't think I would have been able to but I am so much more comfortable now. And I needed to get away from my loving and grieving family for a little bit and gossip and giggle. My bots and DIL have reacted to my hospice decision by taking medical leave from their work to be with me more, and they want to move up Thanksgiving, afraid I won't be alive in 3 weeks apparently. Now ME personally, I feel pretty confident I have more time than that! I had creme brulee' for dessert; does that sound like someone who will be dying any day now?

Hugs, Hugs...and warm wishes
    Hugs, Hugs...and warm wishes coming your way. When I got diagnosed with cancer, I was scared of being treated like I was dying, even if I was. I can totally relate to needing a break.
  • HellieC
    HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options

Delighted you managed to get out....
    So glad you managed to share the giggle and gossip - it's the best medicine sometimes!

As for not being here for Thanksgiving - well, I agree that a creme brulee eating, lunching lady doesn't look like she's going anywhere yet awhile!

I hope your body soon starts to tolerate all the meds and settle down a bit, so you can enjoy more outings and family time.

Thinking of you everyday, Linda.
    Love
    Helen
  • TiggersDoBounce
    TiggersDoBounce Member Posts: 408
    Options

Linda and her Creme Brulee
    SO glad you made it out of Dodge for your luncheon...it is good to escape!

Hang in with the new meds and symptoms...hopefully an adjustment will be soon coming.

I am happy you have such a plethora of friends and family around you...it is what life is all about!

Let them move Thanksgiving..you will get two dinners out of the deal!!

I love Creme Brulee and I will think of you from now on when I eat it!!

Thinking of you sweetie...

Laurie
  • wonderingalice
    wonderingalice Member Posts: 49
    Options

Lovely Linda
    Linda, I have not posted to these boards since shortly after the loss of my mother to UPSC in July 2010, but I still find myself checking in often and following the stories of you ladies. I was so saddened to learn of your latest news. Your vivacity and your kind and generous replies to so many during their own struggles are admirable, and you remind me very much of my mother in that way, making positive and lasting impressions on everyone you meet, even through the channels of the internet.

I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts - your beauty, grace and love for life shines through in all you share, and I hope you will continue to write here. I wish you many more days of sunshine, grandchildren, and creme brulee'.

~ Al.
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    Options
    so glad
    you got to get together with the girls.. gossip, giggles and good food. Yummy . It doesn't get much better than that does it... And remember stressed spelled backwards is desserts..
    Thinking of you often and still hoping for a miracle.. in the meantime enjoy every sandwich, every bite of creme brulee ..
    Big hugs,
    Cindy
  • Susan777
    Susan777 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Mmmm Creme Brulee
    That is so decadent and no I dont think you are leaving any time soon.

LIVE - Every moment

LAUGH - everyday

LOVE - Beyond words

Susan
  • Susan777
    Options

Mmmm Creme Brulee

LIVE - Every moment

LAUGH - everyday

LOVE - Beyond words

Susan
  • Susan777
    Options

Mmmm Creme Brulee

LIVE - Every moment

LAUGH - everyday

LOVE - Beyond words

Susan
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options

Gossip; Giggles and Creme Brulee
    .... priceless! So glad you could get out for tea. You are my hero, dear girl.
    ((((HUGS)))) Maria
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

so glad
    you got to get together with the girls.. gossip, giggles and good food. Yummy . It doesn't get much better than that does it... And remember stressed spelled backwards is desserts..
    Thinking of you often and still hoping for a miracle.. in the meantime enjoy every sandwich, every bite of creme brulee ..
    Big hugs,
    Cindy

Look at all of us you've touched, Linda!
    Do you realize the difference you've made in so many lives? I can only imagine how lucky your family has been. Just look how many of us have moseyed over to this board to accompany and support you! I can only speak for me, but I'm guessing you're so very loved by everyone who knows you. And I think I'm right.
    Thinking of you often and sending prayers and hugs,
    Suzanne
  • NCEllen
    NCEllen Member Posts: 115
    Options

Eat Dessert First
    was my mother's mantra. I went to the Biltmore a couple of weeks ago with my sis and bro in-law and ordered a choc. brownie sundae in a waffle bowl for lunch!
    You have offered so much encouragement to me and taught me how to choose to enjoy every moment of life- that advice rings so true.
    My hubby is advancing in his prostate ca disease (9 year survivor) and we have both decided that hospice will be a part of our lives when it's time. My best friend of 19 years in NC is the event coordinator for Hospice of Charlotte and I know that sometime in the possibly near future I'll have to have a heart to heart with her - just because it's my family that she will be working with. I do know that hospice is a wonderful organization and the outreach they provide for the whole self being of not only you but family and friends have far reaching positive effects.
    As for Thanksgiving - well I used the mantra last week and bought a punkin' pie and dolloped the whipped cream on top. I wasn't waiting. Creme brulee - yep, I think it's on my dessert list for next week for sure.
    We're having a pajama run this Sat. in Charlotte for 'Cancers Below the Waist' - started by an organization in Charleston. They contacted the ovarian cancer support group I'm a part of and wanted to donate the funds raised to the ovarian cancer research fund. I'm working as a volunteer and will have your name on my 'PJ's' as well as a list of teal sisters from this board. Research, trials and just fighting the battle will eventually help lead to early diagnosis and eventual cure or management. It's what our sisterhood is all about and keeps us glued together.
    I keep you in prayers that you stay comfortable and can satisfy those tasty cravings if even only a taste - it's a good thing. Love, hugs and warm thoughts coming your way always - Ellen
  • minniejan
    minniejan Member Posts: 88
    Options

Look at all of us you've touched, Linda!
    Do you realize the difference you've made in so many lives? I can only imagine how lucky your family has been. Just look how many of us have moseyed over to this board to accompany and support you! I can only speak for me, but I'm guessing you're so very loved by everyone who knows you. And I think I'm right.
    Thinking of you often and sending prayers and hugs,
    Suzanne

touched me as well
    Linda,

Sending prayers and sending laughs. Both are so powerful. I too have found the ovarian board. Due to your amazing grace, honesty and so lovely writing you have helped me more than I can ever express.

MinnieJan
  • daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    minniejan said:

touched me as well
    Linda,

Sending prayers and sending laughs. Both are so powerful. I too have found the ovarian board. Due to your amazing grace, honesty and so lovely writing you have helped me more than I can ever express.

MinnieJan

Linda,
    your your zest for

Linda,

your your zest for life is beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed an outing with your friends and that your loved ones are there close to you.

YOu are so loved. Mary Ann
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options

Linda glad you enjoyed your crime brûlée
    Glad you were able to share "gossip and giggles". Sorry you are having a hard time adjusting to all your new meds. I hope your body accepts them soon. You remain in my prayers. You remain my hero. In peace and caring.
  • djinco
    djinco Member Posts: 87
    Options

Thinking of you.
    Dear Linda,
    I just wanted to let you know that I continue to pray for you. I am glad that family is near to you. God bless you always.

Love,
    Betty
  • Sunnyjh
    Sunnyjh Member Posts: 31
    Options

Appreciate
    Dear Linda, I just found this group about a week ago,I have read a lot of your previous posts and everyone's beautiful words of support, and prayers. I really appreciate you sharing what is a very difficult thing..The end of life is so often not talked about, and what to expect. Your sharing this will help some of us that may face it sooner rather than later. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You have made a tremendous contribution to many. Bless you Judy
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    daisy366 said:

Linda,
    your your zest for

Linda,

your your zest for life is beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed an outing with your friends and that your loved ones are there close to you.

YOu are so loved. Mary Ann

So very grateful
    Dear Sweet Linda

I so appreciate your words of support and the wisdom you shared with all of us. Your words will remain here to comfort many more in the future--don't we wish we could see no more new members?

(((gentle hugs)))
  • sunflash
    sunflash Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    carolenk said:

So very grateful
    Dear Sweet Linda

I so appreciate your words of support and the wisdom you shared with all of us. Your words will remain here to comfort many more in the future--don't we wish we could see no more new members?

(((gentle hugs)))

Dear Linda
    I'm so glad you were able to enjoy time out with your girlfriends. Your honesty and optimism through all you've had to endure has meant everything to me and to countless others.
    I admire your spirit and willingness to share your journey.........I do so wish I could make things better for you.
    Thank you for all the support and encouragement you've given to so many.
  • california_artist
    california_artist Member Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Linda
    So, very saddened to here of how things are going. You are an inspiration to so many.

Your asking that the separate discussion board for uterine cancer be created really has made a difference in so many lives, for that I do thank you.

Wishing the very best for you in this part of your long journey.

I will be wishing for a miracle for you.

Your friend,

Claudia