Options
14567810»

Comments

• daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Susan53 said:

Glad to hear
    Glad to hear that you are still in control with your treatments Linda. You are so admired by so many of your teal sisters and we love you dearly. You have had such an impact on so many of us. So glad that you are able to have company and enjoy the visits. I am very happy that you and Vic can do the draining to get you comfort. Hoping for that plateau that you are looking for. The time dosen't bother any of us survivors Linda, I think we have all been there at one time or another. Love and respect you, Sharon

Hi Linda, I just echo what
    Hi Linda, I just echo what others have said so well - that you are so loved and admired here. Glad that you are more comfortable and enjoying your company.

hugs to you. Mary Ann
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options

quick update as I am still a little weak.
    I was lucky enough to be able to get the permanent catheter drain done Friday instead of the more temporary parcentesis. So I spent Frday night in the hospital. The surgery to insert the catheter was more extensive than I was planning on. Vic & I are both learned to use the drain and it is wonderful to be able to relieve that ascies pressure whenever I need to. Scary that we've been draining off 1 or 2 litres evey day, but more room out than in. They did labs on me at the hospital and my potassium was high & sodium low, so I can get off those potassium horse pills for now. My bilirubin is in the 20's and liver number awful, but there's nothing I can do for those at this stage. I continue to drink 2 or 3 Replete's, and without the ascites I am eating some. I have lots of company to look forward to this week. Vic's son Dennis is coming from Tampa Thursday and staying 'till Tuesday, and my son Eric will be back in Wednesday. Vic's 2 sisters are coming for a visit Thursday, maybe Friday. I don't try to entertain or hostess because I just can't, but they all make do and it should be fun. I have limited energy and encourage everyone to let me nap around 2 each day, and they understand. So the last piece in my new self-care is in place and I'm pretty sure I can find a plateau I can linger on awhile. Already, with making myself move around today, I am independently able to get around the downstairs. (Ignore the time this was posted; I've been dozing all day trying to ride out the sedatives.) hugs, all.

Linda so glad you are more comfortable
    Glad to hear you got a permanent catheter. It is hard to believe you are draining off so much fluid every day. It has to make you more comfortable. You have so much company coming to share their love with you. Glad you are not trying to entertain them. Glad you are looking forward to all their visits. You continue to be an inspiration. You remain in my prayers. In peace and caring.
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Ro10 said:

Linda so glad you are more comfortable
    Glad to hear you got a permanent catheter. It is hard to believe you are draining off so much fluid every day. It has to make you more comfortable. You have so much company coming to share their love with you. Glad you are not trying to entertain them. Glad you are looking forward to all their visits. You continue to be an inspiration. You remain in my prayers. In peace and caring.

So Glad Too
    Linda,

I'm so glad you have the drain, loving and supportive family, and hopefully too that plateau.

Kelly
  • djinco
    djinco Member Posts: 87
    Options

quick update as I am still a little weak.
    I was lucky enough to be able to get the permanent catheter drain done Friday instead of the more temporary parcentesis. So I spent Frday night in the hospital. The surgery to insert the catheter was more extensive than I was planning on. Vic & I are both learned to use the drain and it is wonderful to be able to relieve that ascies pressure whenever I need to. Scary that we've been draining off 1 or 2 litres evey day, but more room out than in. They did labs on me at the hospital and my potassium was high & sodium low, so I can get off those potassium horse pills for now. My bilirubin is in the 20's and liver number awful, but there's nothing I can do for those at this stage. I continue to drink 2 or 3 Replete's, and without the ascites I am eating some. I have lots of company to look forward to this week. Vic's son Dennis is coming from Tampa Thursday and staying 'till Tuesday, and my son Eric will be back in Wednesday. Vic's 2 sisters are coming for a visit Thursday, maybe Friday. I don't try to entertain or hostess because I just can't, but they all make do and it should be fun. I have limited energy and encourage everyone to let me nap around 2 each day, and they understand. So the last piece in my new self-care is in place and I'm pretty sure I can find a plateau I can linger on awhile. Already, with making myself move around today, I am independently able to get around the downstairs. (Ignore the time this was posted; I've been dozing all day trying to ride out the sedatives.) hugs, all.

Good news...
    about the permanent catheter. I hope you are drinking plenty of clear fluids so that you don't get dehydrated.

I am happy that you are experiencing great relief with the drain.

Take care,
    Betty