Options
2»

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Still making the rest of us look bad...
    Debbie, I remember clearly when you and I were both doing chemo, and you did the Making Strides walk on the beach -- while the chemo was kicking my butt so hard I could barely walk to the mailbox and back.

So...I'm glad to see you're still working hard at your goal of making the rest of us look like lazy slugs! :-)

('Fess up, girl -- did you also do a Jazzercise class the same day as the Making Strides walk?)

Seriously...I'm so glad to hear that your news is so positive, and I insist that it stay that way!

Big hug to you,

Traci

Traci, it's so good to see
    Traci, it's so good to see you posting. Okay, here's the truth.....no, I did not do Jazzercise the same day after the walk. It's funny you would ask that because my sister and I considered it because the walk was early (8:00 am) due to the tide. It was a beautiful morning on the beach and we finished the 5K in 38 minutes. Not really much of a workout but we decided to eat breakfast instead of more exercising. So, are you happy now?? LOL

Take care of yourself and I hope all is well with you and Trace. Sending love and (((hugs))) to you!!
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Traci, it's so good to see
    Traci, it's so good to see you posting. Okay, here's the truth.....no, I did not do Jazzercise the same day after the walk. It's funny you would ask that because my sister and I considered it because the walk was early (8:00 am) due to the tide. It was a beautiful morning on the beach and we finished the 5K in 38 minutes. Not really much of a workout but we decided to eat breakfast instead of more exercising. So, are you happy now?? LOL

Take care of yourself and I hope all is well with you and Trace. Sending love and (((hugs))) to you!!

No, I most certainly am NOT happy now!
    Debbie, Debbie, Debbie -- couldn't you have just humored me and said, "No, Traci -- we were much too tired after walking a 5K to do anything else, so we just went out for breakfast"?

Oh nooooo...you had to brag about your 38-minute time, and even call it "not much of a workout."

Sheesh...I wasn't even still in treatment when I did my first and only Making Strides 5K -- my time was DOUBLE yours, and I had to go home and lie down for the rest of the day!

I'm so depressed now....is it too early in the day to start on a pint of Ben & Jerry's?

:-) :-) :-)

Traci
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Great news!
    You are such an inspiration to us all. A healthy diet can only do good things. Thanks for reminding ME to make good choices.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Really great news Debbie!
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Goody goody gumdrops
    So glad to hear the good news. I don't use the Claratin because I am on Allegra. It seemed to do the same for me as Claratin does everyone else. I was already on this for allergies prior to chemo, (just as Claratin is for allergies).

About the mets. I tried to find out which kind of bc you had by visiting your profile. I did not see whether it is an estrogen, progesterone, Her2, or Triple Negative. If you have triple negative bc, there has been some research on a beta blocker called Propanalol and it's ability to inhibit mets. So if you have Triple Negative bc you may want to ask your oncologist about this medication to see what his take is on using it. Beta blockers are the old fashioned blood pressure medications so it is a tried and tested medication rather than a new one. I do not think it has been tried in other types of bc, but I know there has been some research on triple negative.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I'm so happy to see your post
    Hi Debbie, I'm so glad to hear that the chemo is working & you are tolerating the neulasta shots. Claritin is a wonderful thing ;) I took it also when I was taking neulasta shots & really didn't have too bad of a time. Keep staying strong & know that we are all right here beside you our sweet pink sister.

Hugs,

Dawne

Good news! The chemo is
    Good news! The chemo is working!

Hugs, Jan
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options

Goody goody gumdrops
    So glad to hear the good news. I don't use the Claratin because I am on Allegra. It seemed to do the same for me as Claratin does everyone else. I was already on this for allergies prior to chemo, (just as Claratin is for allergies).

About the mets. I tried to find out which kind of bc you had by visiting your profile. I did not see whether it is an estrogen, progesterone, Her2, or Triple Negative. If you have triple negative bc, there has been some research on a beta blocker called Propanalol and it's ability to inhibit mets. So if you have Triple Negative bc you may want to ask your oncologist about this medication to see what his take is on using it. Beta blockers are the old fashioned blood pressure medications so it is a tried and tested medication rather than a new one. I do not think it has been tried in other types of bc, but I know there has been some research on triple negative.

Good information, laughs a
    Good information, laughs a lot. I actually have ER+/PR+ and HER2-. Thanks!!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Great news! I am so happy
    Great news! I am so happy for you--grinning ear to ear :-). We have been eating healthier too--really trying to eat more anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory foods and no alcohol (sigh). You are truly an inspiration Debbie!

It's so good to read of your
    It's so good to read of your good news Debbie! Thanks for sharing it with us!

♥ Kristin ♥