You kindreds are never far from my heart either......here's my update

MyTurnNow
MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
I have been remiss in posting but I continue to check in on my sisters frequently. I am saddened with all the recurrence but inspired by the resolve in ALL of you!

I am going through my 2nd recurrence in my breast with mets to my liver and have had my fourth infusion of Abraxane. I am one of the lucky ones and have tolerated this treatment with minimal to no side effects. The Nuelasta shot likes to try and kick my butt, but I took Linda's advice and tried Claratin. Guess what......it works great for me. I was excited about that because my onco was suggesting hydrocodone. I really don't do well with narcotics.

The good news is that I had a PET/CT scan before treatment this past Thursday and results showed no tumor detectable in the breast and the 2 liver mets have shrunk to about half their size. Needless to say, I was very pleased with this news. In addition to the chemo, I decided to make a radical change in my diet. I have eliminated dairy and meat. I eat very healthy now, lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans and grains. I feel great and have lost 7 pounds. My onco also seemed very pleased and agreeable to the diet change.

I walked the Making Strides walk here last Saturday and thought of all of you as I walked. None of us wanted to ever be here and I wish we weren't but I continue to be so thankful to have you in my life and here to provide encouragement and support.

Love and (((hugs))) to you ALL,

Debbie

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    DITTO....Debbie
    We are just as blessed to have YOU too! Even though being in this "club" stinks for all of us.....But, I, too, feel so blessed to have all of you in my life....we all get it...no need to explain feelings...we all know what walking in these shoes mean...

i am excited for you regarding the test results.....What great news! Love, love, love to hear the word "shrinkage,"...
    Has it been hard to give up meat and dairy? I've always said I could do without meat...but dairy...not so sure...I'm a big lover of milk and cheese....I'm curious about this.....
    Please keep us posted on your progress...congrats on the dropped 7 pounds! And doing the walk...Proud of you!

Keep up the good work!
    Big 'ole hugs to you too!
    Nancy
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Debbie,
    I like your good news and I want to thank you so much for walking last week and for thinking of us.

Your new healthy eating diet sounds great! It's such an effort to change our eating habits, but it always pays off.

Sue
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I love, love, love your good
    I love, love, love your good news! I am so inspired and encouraged~ and am grinning from ear to ear! Thank you for sharing with us...it is a source of joy to be able to celebrate victories with the Kindreds! I am also happy that the Claritin worked for you~ I had such aa horrific time with it and knew nothing about it...I start chemo again on Thursday ( hopefully as part of a clinical trial) and my new, improved oncologist gave me the A-Ok to use Claritin should I need Neulasta!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Debbie,
    I like your good news and I want to thank you so much for walking last week and for thinking of us.

Your new healthy eating diet sounds great! It's such an effort to change our eating habits, but it always pays off.

Sue

That is wonderful news on
    That is wonderful news on your tests and that the abraxane is tolerable!!!!!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    chenheart said:

I love, love, love your good news! I am so inspired and encouraged~ and am grinning from ear to ear! Thank you for sharing with us...it is a source of joy to be able to celebrate victories with the Kindreds! I am also happy that the Claritin worked for you~ I had such aa horrific time with it and knew nothing about it...I start chemo again on Thursday ( hopefully as part of a clinical trial) and my new, improved oncologist gave me the A-Ok to use Claritin should I need Neulasta!

Debbie I am so glad to read your update
    Good news, Chemo is working and you have been feeling well during the treatment.
    How many more should you have? Wishing for liver met to go away and disappear.
    Hugs
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Debbie I have also been
    Debbie I have also been remiss but am so happy to hear your good news.

Your diet sounds interesting. Are you having rice or pasta with your veggies?

I pray your tumors continue to shrink and you continue to have no residual effects from the treatment. (((huGs)))
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    natly15 said:

Debbie I have also been
    Debbie I have also been remiss but am so happy to hear your good news.

Your diet sounds interesting. Are you having rice or pasta with your veggies?

I pray your tumors continue to shrink and you continue to have no residual effects from the treatment. (((huGs)))

I'm so happy to see your post
    Hi Debbie, I'm so glad to hear that the chemo is working & you are tolerating the neulasta shots. Claritin is a wonderful thing ;) I took it also when I was taking neulasta shots & really didn't have too bad of a time. Keep staying strong & know that we are all right here beside you our sweet pink sister.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Great news!
    You are such an inspiration to us all. A healthy diet can only do good things. Thanks for reminding ME to make good choices.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    sea60 said:

Great news!
    You are such an inspiration to us all. A healthy diet can only do good things. Thanks for reminding ME to make good choices.

Hugs,

Sylvia

All you stage 4 warriors are

All you stage 4 warriors are such great role models. You girls inspire all of us and my heart is deeply touched by your courage. Thank you for instilling that there is always HOPE... You girls rock..,.

Rock on sweet sisters,
    Lorrie
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    YIPPPEEE!!! 50% shrinkage is
    YIPPPEEE!!! 50% shrinkage is substantial!! I hope those mets will keep shrinking. I'm glad the claratin works for you, it seems so much better for your body than hydrocodone or other pain meds. Thanks for sharing your happy news!

Hugs,

Linda
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Great news! I am so happy
    Great news! I am so happy for you--grinning ear to ear :-). We have been eating healthier too--really trying to eat more anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory foods and no alcohol (sigh). You are truly an inspiration Debbie!
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

Great news! I am so happy
    Great news! I am so happy for you--grinning ear to ear :-). We have been eating healthier too--really trying to eat more anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory foods and no alcohol (sigh). You are truly an inspiration Debbie!

Yahooie!
    Thank you, Debbie for the positive update. I'm not happy for your second recurrence, but I'm so happy the chemo is doing its job. Also pleased about the Claritin.

Here's to continued good news.

Suzanne
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey Debbie,
    Will continue to keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Hope to be driving through your state next April. Maybe we can get together.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • MyTurnNow
    MAJW said:

DITTO....Debbie
    We are just as blessed to have YOU too! Even though being in this "club" stinks for all of us.....But, I, too, feel so blessed to have all of you in my life....we all get it...no need to explain feelings...we all know what walking in these shoes mean...

i am excited for you regarding the test results.....What great news! Love, love, love to hear the word "shrinkage,"...
    Has it been hard to give up meat and dairy? I've always said I could do without meat...but dairy...not so sure...I'm a big lover of milk and cheese....I'm curious about this.....
    Please keep us posted on your progress...congrats on the dropped 7 pounds! And doing the walk...Proud of you!

Keep up the good work!
    Big 'ole hugs to you too!
    Nancy

Nancy, the dairy has been
    Nancy, the dairy has been challenging to avoid. I am amazed at ALL the products that contain dairy. I couldn't even find bread that didn't contain dairy, so I did my google search and found several brands. If any of you see me in the grocery store, all I can say is don't get stuck behind me. I still find myself reading labels everytime I go. Thanks for your words of encouragement. By the way, how are you doing? We both need to kick this cancer to the curb....once and for all!! Take care.
  • MyTurnNow
    chenheart said:

Claudia, I am hoping that
    Claudia, I am hoping that you get into the clinical trial you want. More importantly, I hope whatever drug is used is the one that takes care of this invader indefinately!! Good luck to you and keep us posted. (((Hugs))).
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Debbie
    such an upbeat and positive post. I'm so glad your news is good news and hope it continues. I will keep you in my prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • MyTurnNow
    Jean 0609 said:

Hey Debbie,
    Will continue to keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Hope to be driving through your state next April. Maybe we can get together.

xoxo,
    Jean

Jean, I would love, love,
    Jean, I would love, love, love to meet you! If you are driving through, please do call and hopefully we can get together. That would be lovely! As the time gets nearer, I'll pm you my cell and home number.
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Great update!
    Hi Debbie-- Thank you for letting us know your progress. I was happy to learn that your tumors are shrinking! I hope they're gone, gone, gone and gone forever! We'll continue to pray.

Good news on diet too! I started doing that and you do feel great after you eat healthier. I stopped eating meats too, although I have organic chicken sometimes. Remember to try getting proteins from other foods though, very important I heard.

May you continue to have great progress.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

Great update!
    Hi Debbie-- Thank you for letting us know your progress. I was happy to learn that your tumors are shrinking! I hope they're gone, gone, gone and gone forever! We'll continue to pray.

Good news on diet too! I started doing that and you do feel great after you eat healthier. I stopped eating meats too, although I have organic chicken sometimes. Remember to try getting proteins from other foods though, very important I heard.

May you continue to have great progress.

Still making the rest of us look bad...
    Debbie, I remember clearly when you and I were both doing chemo, and you did the Making Strides walk on the beach -- while the chemo was kicking my butt so hard I could barely walk to the mailbox and back.

So...I'm glad to see you're still working hard at your goal of making the rest of us look like lazy slugs! :-)

('Fess up, girl -- did you also do a Jazzercise class the same day as the Making Strides walk?)

Seriously...I'm so glad to hear that your news is so positive, and I insist that it stay that way!

Big hug to you,

Traci
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Still making the rest of us look bad...
    Debbie, I remember clearly when you and I were both doing chemo, and you did the Making Strides walk on the beach -- while the chemo was kicking my butt so hard I could barely walk to the mailbox and back.

So...I'm glad to see you're still working hard at your goal of making the rest of us look like lazy slugs! :-)

('Fess up, girl -- did you also do a Jazzercise class the same day as the Making Strides walk?)

Seriously...I'm so glad to hear that your news is so positive, and I insist that it stay that way!

Big hug to you,

Traci

Debbie ... Such good news .. !!
    Celebrate all the milestones. Gentle hugs for you, and prayers during this new phase of the battle.

You are one smart cookie, and FIERCE WARRIOR.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam