Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Barb, Thinking of you
    How did it go?
    I hope you are resting now. Please take care of yourself

Yes Barb, how was
    Yes Barb, how was yesterday's biopsy? Thinking of you.

Hugs, Debby
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Yes Barb, how was
    Yes Barb, how was yesterday's biopsy? Thinking of you.

Hugs, Debby

Praying for you too!

Praying for you too!
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Praying for you too!

Praying for you too!

Hopefully you get something
    Hopefully you get something done soon.Like you I went through the exact thing.Tumor found.Doctor decided he would take it out.I was to see him for a consultation.It took 2 weeks to see him.Then suddenly he changed plans.The breast center was going to get a order from him to do a needle biopsy.I was TICKED.He didn't seem to know what I was talking about after his office called me to make a appt.Well calls were made and I had the order within 5 days.To long. I had the weekend also.IMO it should have been called pronto.Top priority. The breast center moved in and got the order within a hour.Next day was the biopsy.Results were Benign. I will have it taken out.Just in a huge turmoil.At least I know it is benign.I think he said it was a fibroid tumor.

You are like me.I don't care who does it but someone must.I even called my other doctors for a order because the breast center had told me early on I could do that.I was BEGGING for help.No one should ever have to do that.

Lynn Smith
  • Barb A
    Barb A Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Finally, I have results from the biopsy. NO SIGN OF MALIGNANCY!

What a long week. The biopsy went well on Monday and I was told I'd hear back Tuesday or Wednesday. I finally called a few minutes ago and my oncology nurse said the Dr is out of the office and no one reviewed the results. She said she would tell me only because the last line of the report stated the "no sign of malignancy." I hate to think of the waiting if it was cancer.

Anyway, the dr who did the ultrasound guided biopsy had the tech look at other areas of concern for me (bumps, lumps tenderness,etc) with the ultrasound and everything "looked good". She did draw off some fluid and said that was a good sign that it was residual from the surgery a few years ago. She said that can happen several years down the road as our breasts change with age.

Thanks to all for your concern, thoughts and prayers. You all helped me through this and I greatly appreciate it!

Barb
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Barb A said:

What a long week. The biopsy went well on Monday and I was told I'd hear back Tuesday or Wednesday. I finally called a few minutes ago and my oncology nurse said the Dr is out of the office and no one reviewed the results. She said she would tell me only because the last line of the report stated the "no sign of malignancy." I hate to think of the waiting if it was cancer.

Anyway, the dr who did the ultrasound guided biopsy had the tech look at other areas of concern for me (bumps, lumps tenderness,etc) with the ultrasound and everything "looked good". She did draw off some fluid and said that was a good sign that it was residual from the surgery a few years ago. She said that can happen several years down the road as our breasts change with age.

Thanks to all for your concern, thoughts and prayers. You all helped me through this and I greatly appreciate it!

Barb

WOOHOO!
    You can't wipe the smile off of my face after reading those magical words " NO SIGN OF MALIGNANCY"!

I am sooooooooooo happy for you Barb! You must be so relieved! I know I am and so will all of the other pink sisters when they read your wonderful news!

Thanks for letting us know as we were all worried.

Now, let's have a party to celebrate!

Sue :)))))))))))))))))
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Ritzy said:

WOOHOO!
    You can't wipe the smile off of my face after reading those magical words " NO SIGN OF MALIGNANCY"!

I am sooooooooooo happy for you Barb! You must be so relieved! I know I am and so will all of the other pink sisters when they read your wonderful news!

Thanks for letting us know as we were all worried.

Now, let's have a party to celebrate!

Sue :)))))))))))))))))

I am so happy for you Barb!
    I am so happy for you Barb! Congrats!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

I am so happy for you Barb!
    I am so happy for you Barb! Congrats!

Big congrats to you!

Big congrats to you!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Noel said:

Big congrats to you!

Big congrats to you!

I am celebrating your good
    I am celebrating your good news Barb! Congratulations!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Barb
    So sorry you are going through this again, and with your dog. Probably the hardest part will be once again waiting over a weekend just to schedule the biopsy. If only they really knew how hard the waiting game is.

I will keep you in my prayers!
    Carol

Your news is what we all
    Your news is what we all want! Congrats!

Hugs, Jan
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    susie09 said:

I am celebrating your good
    I am celebrating your good news Barb! Congratulations!

Wow! What a long week! I
    Wow! What a long week! I hate the dreaded "Waiting Game"! I hope you heal quickly from the back surgery and I am so glad everything came out negative! You're right, the docs either don't get it or don't care about the stress it puts us under to wait for results. Makes me really cranky!

Hugs,
    Pam
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Wow! What a long week! I
    Wow! What a long week! I hate the dreaded "Waiting Game"! I hope you heal quickly from the back surgery and I am so glad everything came out negative! You're right, the docs either don't get it or don't care about the stress it puts us under to wait for results. Makes me really cranky!

Hugs,
    Pam

Waiting is the worst! I
    Waiting is the worst! I wish the doctors and nurses would understand how hard it is on us. That's good news Barb that there was no malignancy. Keep us posted.

Hugs, Jan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Barb A said:

Barb

Congrats Barb on those 4
    Congrats Barb on those 4 wonderful words!