2»

Comments

• fredswilma
    fredswilma Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Lee, Chantal
    My thoughts and

Lee, Chantal
    My thoughts and prayers are with you both, my hope is the pain meds work, I'm sorry words are not enough, know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers.
    Ann
  • Mazj
    Mazj Member Posts: 42
    Options

Lee, Chantal
    My thoughts and

Lee, Chantal
    My thoughts and prayers are with you both, my hope is the pain meds work, I'm sorry words are not enough, know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers.
    Ann

Stay brave and positive you two
    I am also so incredibly sorry to hear of your news. I just want to add my thoughts and best wishes for you.

Marilyn
  • dodger21
    dodger21 Member Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Lee, Chantal
    My thoughts and

Lee, Chantal
    Ann

Stay strong
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Stay strong. You and Chantal have a very deep bond that a lot of people in the world would be jealous of. You will both get thru this next period one day at a time. I pray they can keep you as painfree as possible.
    Danielle
  • jss2011
    jss2011 Member Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm so sorry
    that the news wasn't better. At least your team has the whole picture and you can get the pain management and treatment you need to give you more quality time. My prayers are with you both.

Julie
  • annalan
    annalan Member Posts: 138
    Options
    Lee and Chantel
    I am so, so sorry to hear your results were not good. Hope you can be kept pain free so that you can share lots more quality time together.
    Ann (2)
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Options
    Here with you....
    Lee and Chantal,

Sorry to her the bad news. I don't think I can ad much to what has been said except that I love you both dearly and I am in this with you; we all are. You are not alone and will not be.

I hope that you get some of the Neurotin and Dexamthasone as Sherri said, as my Hospice nurse just left, and thinks these will help greatly with mets to ribs and spin, lower back pain especially. I am going to start on them, too. I don't get MRI's as I cannot have them, but I have similar pain and bet I am in a similar state as you. As I said, we are in this together. We cannot stop the progression with palliative care as much as we wish to. THAT is our horrible reality.

I think Cindy wrote a beautiful piece that was really moving to read. Many of the posts here are touching and the things everyone has shared remind us to make the most of the good days, and DON'T let this monster rob you of your good mood if the pain is still being managed well, run with that.

I will be here with you until the end. I pray for you both and send hugs, strength and love.

-Eric
  • LilChemoSmoker
    LilChemoSmoker Member Posts: 185
    Options
    There aren't words...
    Lee and Chantal,

There simply isn't words that I am aware of to make it sound any less painful to hear such news. Simply put, it SUCKS! I hope that the two of you are making plans to return home soon and begin yet another chapter together.

How ironic it is to strive for progress in this life, in almost everything we do. Yet, with any kind of cancer, progress is the enemy. I agree with everything Cindy has laid out in her very eloquent words. Very insightful stuff. Thanks for sharing Cindy.

Praying that you get to return home soon and spend some of that very valuable time together, with each other and Daisy.

Much Love to both of you!
    Michelle
  • JimboC
    JimboC Member Posts: 264
    Options
    Lee, I can tell you how much
    Lee, I can tell you how much i hate reading about your mets. Michelle summed it up best, it simplly sucks. Strength to the both of you!
  • Heeran
    Heeran Member Posts: 171
    Options
    So sorry
    Very sorry to hear about the met results. Prayers to you.
  • mardigras
    mardigras Member Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Prayers
    So very sorry Chantal and Lee.
    Wrap your arms around each other and God will wrap his arms around you both.
    Prayers and hugs
    Marci
  • LeeinLondon
    LeeinLondon Member Posts: 103
    Options
    mardigras said:

Prayers
    So very sorry Chantal and Lee.
    Wrap your arms around each other and God will wrap his arms around you both.
    Prayers and hugs
    Marci

dripping feeding tube port
    No need to comment unless you've personally experienced this, but yesterday my feeding port starting really leaking fluid. It was brown and crusty, now it's more liquidy and more comes out if I cough or hiccup. No sign of green infection or anything, otherwise feeling ok. I don't think it's worthy of a midnight call, will call the team tomorrow.