Off to the hospital I go

Options
13»

Comments

• annalan
    annalan Member Posts: 138
    Options

oops
    perhaps I was unclear.. I was discharged yesterday afternoon! VON nurse just left, vitals good, got my big swollen foot back, but who gives a damn, I feel pretty damn good. I feel pretty surreal, like I'm in a new place, and I feel more in control of everything. I'm very satisfied just sitting in a chair when I can do it pain-free :) - I just can't express my thanks to the universe for this reprieve.

thanks for the strength from afar Eric. You and the CSN gang really pulled through for me this time! :)

xooxxoxox from London,

Lee
    PS: Hopefully I can start contributing to the board again.. I feel like a lurker! ;)

Lee, can't tell you how very
    Lee, can't tell you how very happy I am that you are feeling a lot better and that the stent seems to be doing it's job. Hope you and Chantel can enjoy some quality time together.

Ann (2)
    Wife of Alan T3N1M0
    Posting from England.
  • cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    Options

oops
    perhaps I was unclear.. I was discharged yesterday afternoon! VON nurse just left, vitals good, got my big swollen foot back, but who gives a damn, I feel pretty damn good. I feel pretty surreal, like I'm in a new place, and I feel more in control of everything. I'm very satisfied just sitting in a chair when I can do it pain-free :) - I just can't express my thanks to the universe for this reprieve.

thanks for the strength from afar Eric. You and the CSN gang really pulled through for me this time! :)

xooxxoxox from London,

Lee
    PS: Hopefully I can start contributing to the board again.. I feel like a lurker! ;)

Yeah!
    So very glad to hear you are back home and able to eat! Rickie has actually eaten a few bowls of Chef Boy R Dee too. Seems to be easy going down. Sometimes it seems to me that you and Rickie seem to have similar experiences. Friday evening after leaving MD Anderson, he noticed his right leg dragging somewhat. At first he blamed it on his shoes, but on our way home Saturday he was talking to our daughter and told her he felt like he had a stroke as his leg was dragging. I don't think it was a stroke, as nothing else seems to be effected. Will go to the doctor tomorrow. Let us know what they tell you is causing it. Could it possibly be a nerve being pinched? Again, so glad you are feeling better,
    Cheryl
  • LeeinLondon
    LeeinLondon Member Posts: 103
    Options
    cher76 said:

Yeah!
    So very glad to hear you are back home and able to eat! Rickie has actually eaten a few bowls of Chef Boy R Dee too. Seems to be easy going down. Sometimes it seems to me that you and Rickie seem to have similar experiences. Friday evening after leaving MD Anderson, he noticed his right leg dragging somewhat. At first he blamed it on his shoes, but on our way home Saturday he was talking to our daughter and told her he felt like he had a stroke as his leg was dragging. I don't think it was a stroke, as nothing else seems to be effected. Will go to the doctor tomorrow. Let us know what they tell you is causing it. Could it possibly be a nerve being pinched? Again, so glad you are feeling better,
    Cheryl

hi cheryl
    yeah it does sound like rickie and i have a lot in common. In the meantime, I would keep the leg elevated, no socks, little foot rubs; They took an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot, other than than, I guess exercise (even a few flights on the stair) and movement would be the long term solution.

good luck!

- Lee
  • sangora
    sangora Member Posts: 213
    Options

hi cheryl
    yeah it does sound like rickie and i have a lot in common. In the meantime, I would keep the leg elevated, no socks, little foot rubs; They took an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot, other than than, I guess exercise (even a few flights on the stair) and movement would be the long term solution.

good luck!

- Lee

Following your stint
    Lee I am following and will follow your stint experience with great interest. My GI folks have talked to me about it and so far it seems there is more down side than up for me at this time. I do know that eventually one is coming. Your experience will help when the time comes. sam
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Options

oops

xooxxoxox from London,

Lee

Whoopie!
    Glad you're out! *Delighted* you are eating! This is all so very positive, Lee :) I'm glad for you & Chantal, both!

Terry