OT: How Are You Trying To Enjoy Fall?

Options

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

Teresa
    Yes, I love the Faire. It was my 16th year going. :) I like that sort of thing though. Huge science fiction fantasy geek and my favorite movies are like, The Princess Bride, Lord Of The Rings, and Braveheart... I love getting dressed up. You kind of have to like that sort of thing and be open to having a good time. Which I always am, where ever I go. It's not an inexpensive day out though. A lot of times, you can find coupons at Burger King. We got $6 off for going on a Sunday with that coupon. I think labor day, is always a deal like buy one get one ticket free or something. This one in Manheim, is the biggest and best Faire I've been to.

I've not carved a pumpkin in a few years. Maybe I will do that this year. Sounds like a good idea. I heard today on Martha Stewart, that if you want to keep the pumpkin fresher and less likely to shrivel quickly, that you should put Vaseline on the cut outs.

Vaseline...
    LOL, that's ironic, I heard that same thing from a pumpkin farmer on a local news channel a few days ago...wonder who stole it from who...

JG
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Seasons Change

Well I only enjoy the summer weather because all the others Seasons I am too cold. I love to see the beautiful change in the leaves on the trees but hate to have to clean them up after they fall off. I love apples but can’t eat them because I can’t swallow them and apple juice has too much sugar in it so I don’t drink it. So I guess I like Summer and will be like a snowbird and head South

:+))
    ╠╣ONDO
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Fall
    Missing the fall weather in PA, the smells..ahhh. Here in the wild wild west of south Phoenix it's still going to be warm (99 -100) for a few days, however the mornings and evenings are cooler. But have mums and pumpkins in the front of the house so at least it will look like the fall and pumpkin time.

Enjoy the day...blessings & light

Linda
  • depressed63
    depressed63 Member Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My Favorite Season
    I love watching the leaves turn. Evening walks are wonderful this time of the year. Sips of Apple Cider, hay rides, pumpkin patch, corn maze...so many wonderful things to do in the Fall. We are looking forward to seeing my son perform this Saturday at Ohio State University. He's the Drum Major/Field Commander for his high school Marching Band. Fall time has many memories that the High School Marching Season is coming to an end. It's also exciting to watch Ohio State's Marching band.

Donna in Ohio
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    staceya said:

Seasons
    This is what I would like
    5 days of winter, and I only have to drive if I want to.
    2 months of 70 degree autumn
    2 months of 60-70 degree spring, with no deers eating my flowers.
    all the rest 70-80 degree summer without humidity or forest fires.

I'm not asking too much am I?

Perfect.......
    Stacey, I love your wish list for the seasons. If it comes true please let me know and I will be packed and moved in less than 24 hours :)

Love the season changes but can't deal with the cold winters anymore...getting too old for that white stuff!!
  • nwasen
    nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Nancy
    I love taking photos, too.

Will you get to see Aretha Franklin? That would be awesome.

I went to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and it was pretty cool.

Fall and Aretha
    The Rock Hall just announced today who was performing...Aretha will be in attendance but not performing but I won't be surprised if she does sing with Cissy Houston or Chaka Khan.
    I love the Rock Hall. Was there the day they broke ground and am a long time member. Lots of cool things if you are a member. I live about an hour or alittle less from it so I try to go at least 6 times a year.
    I loved your Faire photos by the way...good to hang with you Dawn. You post so much good and helpful things...
    Nancy
  • nwasen
    Options

My Favorite Season
    I love watching the leaves turn. Evening walks are wonderful this time of the year. Sips of Apple Cider, hay rides, pumpkin patch, corn maze...so many wonderful things to do in the Fall. We are looking forward to seeing my son perform this Saturday at Ohio State University. He's the Drum Major/Field Commander for his high school Marching Band. Fall time has many memories that the High School Marching Season is coming to an end. It's also exciting to watch Ohio State's Marching band.

Donna in Ohio

OSU
    Donna,
    do live far from Columbus? That is where my treatments were (the James at OSU). I live about 80 miles north.
    Congrats to your son!
  • nwasen
    Options

My Favorite Season

Donna in Ohio

OSU
    Donna,
    do live far from Columbus? That is where my treatments were (the James at OSU). I live about 80 miles north.
    Congrats to your son!
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    nwasen said:

Fall and Aretha
    The Rock Hall just announced today who was performing...Aretha will be in attendance but not performing but I won't be surprised if she does sing with Cissy Houston or Chaka Khan.
    I love the Rock Hall. Was there the day they broke ground and am a long time member. Lots of cool things if you are a member. I live about an hour or alittle less from it so I try to go at least 6 times a year.
    I loved your Faire photos by the way...good to hang with you Dawn. You post so much good and helpful things...
    Nancy

Chaka Khan
    Another living legend. She is awesome. My ex's aunt and uncle live in Ashtabula, Ohio and one summer we went out to Ohio on a vacation with his cousin's from another sister and we crashes there and drove to Cleveland a couple times and also to Cedar Point one day.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Hondo said:

Seasons Change

Well I only enjoy the summer weather because all the others Seasons I am too cold. I love to see the beautiful change in the leaves on the trees but hate to have to clean them up after they fall off. I love apples but can’t eat them because I can’t swallow them and apple juice has too much sugar in it so I don’t drink it. So I guess I like Summer and will be like a snowbird and head South

:+))
    ╠╣ONDO

I'm surprised
    You cannot eat apples, I manage to choke them down if I chew extra carefully and put them in a fruit salad. I also make an awesome apple cake that is super moist for salivaless peeps. :) Love to throw apples in my juicer or my HealthMaster. I love apple season. Gotta head to Wentzler's Orchard. :)
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    osmotar said:

Fall
    Missing the fall weather in PA, the smells..ahhh. Here in the wild wild west of south Phoenix it's still going to be warm (99 -100) for a few days, however the mornings and evenings are cooler. But have mums and pumpkins in the front of the house so at least it will look like the fall and pumpkin time.

Enjoy the day...blessings & light

Linda

Linda
    Pheonix is so hot! Glad you have a touch of fall with your mums and pumpkins!
  • sweetblood22
    Options

My Favorite Season

Donna in Ohio

Donna
    Around here hot cider and doughnuts are a big thing. Also hayrides. Last weekend was my BFF's annual birthday hayride. My duty while everyone else is on the hayride, is to keep the campfire going. Me and her BIL are always the two that stay behind. Between the hay and the road dust, it can be an emergency room asmtha attack, so I pass these days.

A few times I have given some impromptu astronomy lessons on the hayride which is fun.
  • depressed63
    Options
    nwasen said:

OSU
    Donna,
    Congrats to your son!

Columbus
    I live in Brookville, Ohio. It's about a 20 minute drive to Richmond Indiana and 30 minutes from Dayton Ohio. I grew up in Dayton.
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Fall
    Fall is Buzz's favorite season. He grew up in Indiana and the fall color was gorgeous. Here in Albuquerque, NM we don't have quite the beautiful colors but we do have the smell of green chili roasting, the International Balloon Fiesta, snow on Sandia Mountain (right next to town), and perfect weather. We do get a bit of fall color in the cottonwoods along the Rio Grande river. What a great idea for a topic. Thanks, Dawn. Karen
  • depressed63
    Options

Donna
    Around here hot cider and doughnuts are a big thing. Also hayrides. Last weekend was my BFF's annual birthday hayride. My duty while everyone else is on the hayride, is to keep the campfire going. Me and her BIL are always the two that stay behind. Between the hay and the road dust, it can be an emergency room asmtha attack, so I pass these days.

A few times I have given some impromptu astronomy lessons on the hayride which is fun.

I love Hayrides
    The smell of the leaves, and the scary caves, haunted houses, and hayrides are great. Also, I love going to the Ohio Renaissance Festival in Harveysburg Ohio. I wish fall would last longer here and winter only lasted for a couple of weeks. I'm not looking forward to the cold snowy winter.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Fall
    Fall is Buzz's favorite season. He grew up in Indiana and the fall color was gorgeous. Here in Albuquerque, NM we don't have quite the beautiful colors but we do have the smell of green chili roasting, the International Balloon Fiesta, snow on Sandia Mountain (right next to town), and perfect weather. We do get a bit of fall color in the cottonwoods along the Rio Grande river. What a great idea for a topic. Thanks, Dawn. Karen

I wish winter was only two
    I wish winter was only two weeks long too! Lol. It was a super long winter last year. I'm sure hoping it won't be as bad this year.

My mother grew up in Albuquerque and that is where I was born. My mom had pictures of the balloon festival and I was only there once during that time for a visit to the grandparents. It was amazing. We have a very small balloon Festival here in September/October. No way near as many balloons, but really cool none the less. :)
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

Chaka Khan
    Another living legend. She is awesome. My ex's aunt and uncle live in Ashtabula, Ohio and one summer we went out to Ohio on a vacation with his cousin's from another sister and we crashes there and drove to Cleveland a couple times and also to Cedar Point one day.

Cedar Point
    One of my favorite places growing up as a kid in Ohio.

I use to work for Neighborhood Youth Corps as a kid, and we would go to Cedar Point every summer...

I have only been there once after the Marines when home visiting in Mount Vernon, several years ago.

JG
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

I wish winter was only two
    I wish winter was only two weeks long too! Lol. It was a super long winter last year. I'm sure hoping it won't be as bad this year.

My mother grew up in Albuquerque and that is where I was born. My mom had pictures of the balloon festival and I was only there once during that time for a visit to the grandparents. It was amazing. We have a very small balloon Festival here in September/October. No way near as many balloons, but really cool none the less. :)

Winter
    I am in for Winter being only two weeks long, come on Spring & Summertime

Hondo
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

Linda
    Pheonix is so hot! Glad you have a touch of fall with your mums and pumpkins!

Hot
    Yes it is, 100 today, but cooling to the mid 90's ...Yikes....
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Every
    Every day is wonderful...... different degree's of wonderful

enjoy every day

john