missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

wow....
    I"ll be thinking of

wow....

I"ll be thinking of you

Denise

Not fun--but you can do this!
    Just keep thinking--this will be easier than the last. Also--so glad you have your post-op plan--letting people pamper you and fawn all over you, rest, read, watch all the silly tv you desire and, oh yes, those wonderful bon bons. By the way, I've heard that post-surgery, your body is using so much energy to heal that whatever you eat turns totally to muscle. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hugs, Renee
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    missrenee said:

Not fun--but you can do this!
    Just keep thinking--this will be easier than the last. Also--so glad you have your post-op plan--letting people pamper you and fawn all over you, rest, read, watch all the silly tv you desire and, oh yes, those wonderful bon bons. By the way, I've heard that post-surgery, your body is using so much energy to heal that whatever you eat turns totally to muscle. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hugs, Renee

Thank-you for the 'you can
    Thank-you for the 'you can do this', it is great reminder. It is exactly what I had been saying to my daughter who is struggling a little in an accelerated math class and then I realised I need to model the 'you can do this' to her.

I like your story about the post-op healing requiring energy. Stick to it! After my last surgery I lost 4 lbs. Perhaps 4lbs of breast! Actually it was over the weeks following the surgery and I was eating like a horse, non-stop all day long.

I had a therapist for years tell me that if I took to the coach eating bonbons and watching TV he wouldn't be worried. I have always had a fear of turning into a lazy slob, well I am about to do just that and really don't care. At some point on this cancer journey I need to surrender to what is, healing and recovery and whatever that might take.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Thank-you for the 'you can
    Thank-you for the 'you can do this', it is great reminder. It is exactly what I had been saying to my daughter who is struggling a little in an accelerated math class and then I realised I need to model the 'you can do this' to her.

I like your story about the post-op healing requiring energy. Stick to it! After my last surgery I lost 4 lbs. Perhaps 4lbs of breast! Actually it was over the weeks following the surgery and I was eating like a horse, non-stop all day long.

I had a therapist for years tell me that if I took to the coach eating bonbons and watching TV he wouldn't be worried. I have always had a fear of turning into a lazy slob, well I am about to do just that and really don't care. At some point on this cancer journey I need to surrender to what is, healing and recovery and whatever that might take.

Your last statement -- sums it all up for many
    of us! Rest, recover and prepare for life after all of the surgeries, treatments and doctors on going appointments.

Best of luck on Friday, as we will all be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, dear Sister.

Strength, Courage and Hope for a CURE.

Vicki Sam
  • Ballerina
    Ballerina Member Posts: 152
    Options
    What are the Odds
    Hi, I pray your surgery goes well. What are the odds of two people having breast reconstruction and a hernia repair. I started my breast reconstruction October of last year. I had the lattisimus dorsal flap. Then in December, I found out I had to have a hernia repair in the groin. I had my implants put in February 2011,nipple reconstruction in June 2011,and I just had micropigmentation in September. My boobies look great! I went from a B minus to a C. I hope you will be pleased once you are done. Hang in there.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Do you get a volume discount for all that?
    Girl, you sure know how to cram in as many surgeries into one trip to the OR as possible! I hope you asked them for some kind of volume discount, or buy-1-surgery-get-1-surgery-free deal, or maybe buy-3-surgeries-get-a-free-toaster -- something?

Let us know how everything goes when you can -- and, most importantly, enjoy the downtime and pampering!

(I'm just not sure a woman who's just had hernia surgery should be cramming her face with bonbons...but who am I to judge? :-)

Traci

Prayers and best wishes for
    Prayers and best wishes for you Mariam.

Hugs, Jan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Thank-you for all your words

Thank-you for all your words of encouragement that will certainly be with my on Friday and during recovery. I really appreciate it.

I haven't yet stocked up on the bonbons (yes, dark chocolate somethings) but I did load the freezer with mini unbaked croissants flown in from France.

Traci, I will watch how many bonbons and croissants I eat so I don't balloon out and create another hernia. Besides I have lost 43lbs over the last year and really don't want to put that back on. My daughter said, since I won't be able to do much and she will be cooking she will restrict my diet. Dang!!

With the bon bons and
    With the bon bons and croissants, I wouldn't mind visiting you Mariam! You so deserve them!

Lex
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Your last statement -- sums it all up for many
    of us! Rest, recover and prepare for life after all of the surgeries, treatments and doctors on going appointments.

Best of luck on Friday, as we will all be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, dear Sister.

Strength, Courage and Hope for a CURE.

Vicki Sam

Hoping Mariam that your
    Hoping Mariam that your surgery went well for you and that you are resting comfortably at home eating your bon bons.

Hugs, Diane