Mask Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

No music!
    That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the first person, I think, that had said they cannot have music. I was supposed to raise my hand if I had a problem.

As far as them cutting out the eye holes, they had no choice. The mask was so tight on my face that it left the waffle marks, but on my eye bones, not only did it leave the waffle marks, but it bruised me and broke capillaries or something on my eyes, it was that tight. I went home with the worst migraine that day, and my eyes were immediately bruised. I bruise like fruit, right away, because of my anemia. If you grab my arm to hard, you will leave a hand print. No lie.

James Taylor
    Got me through....

I also had waffle marks across my forehead each day...no cut-outs though...

And no way did I want the mask when I was finished...I hated that thing.

JG
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

No music!
    That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the first person, I think, that had said they cannot have music. I was supposed to raise my hand if I had a problem.

As far as them cutting out the eye holes, they had no choice. The mask was so tight on my face that it left the waffle marks, but on my eye bones, not only did it leave the waffle marks, but it bruised me and broke capillaries or something on my eyes, it was that tight. I went home with the worst migraine that day, and my eyes were immediately bruised. I bruise like fruit, right away, because of my anemia. If you grab my arm to hard, you will leave a hand print. No lie.

Had
    Had the waffle marks for sure, my neice said all I needed was bit a butter and some syrup, she has a weird sense of humor, well of course so do I. I didn't open my eyes the whole time, neice said she could see my eyelashes poking thru the waffle. Time will tell how it all progresses.
  • osmotar
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Linda
    Just keep in mind your granddaughters song that “you are her sunshine” while in treatment and the time and treatments will all soon be a thing to remember.

Hondo

Will
    Will do, from the moment ct scan started thats all I heard in my head.
  • osmotar
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

James Taylor
    Got me through....

I also had waffle marks across my forehead each day...no cut-outs though...

And no way did I want the mask when I was finished...I hated that thing.

JG

My
    My neice asked if we could decorate the mask with markers prior to treatment, answer no, but we were more than welcome to take it after all treatments complete. At this point I think I'd rather wear the mask (no, I'm not medicated ...ahhahahahah) than that #@%!%@% 5FU pump/pack. Forgot to tell you, when they went to disc pump last friday, even though you could hear it activate/pump , it only pumped 5cc of the meds in, the bag inside was full, onco nurse said she had never had this happen before. I went into a mini panic mode thinking I would have to wear it another 4 days..but , onco doc was called she said to give me some IV anti nausea meds and then push 1000cc of 5FU thru the port, doc wasn't really concerned as I had alread had as she said the important drugs of cisplatin & toxatore earlier in the week. It will be interesting to she what my insurance will and will not pay on the 5FU.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    osmotar said:

My
    My neice asked if we could decorate the mask with markers prior to treatment, answer no, but we were more than welcome to take it after all treatments complete. At this point I think I'd rather wear the mask (no, I'm not medicated ...ahhahahahah) than that #@%!%@% 5FU pump/pack. Forgot to tell you, when they went to disc pump last friday, even though you could hear it activate/pump , it only pumped 5cc of the meds in, the bag inside was full, onco nurse said she had never had this happen before. I went into a mini panic mode thinking I would have to wear it another 4 days..but , onco doc was called she said to give me some IV anti nausea meds and then push 1000cc of 5FU thru the port, doc wasn't really concerned as I had alread had as she said the important drugs of cisplatin & toxatore earlier in the week. It will be interesting to she what my insurance will and will not pay on the 5FU.

5FU Pump & Insurance
    I had a little bump the first time...for whatever reason, my insurance tried to bill me as Out of Network for the pump and associated, because of the separate billing.

I had to convince them that it was the ChemoCenter that used them and it was all In Network...

Didn't have any problems after that.

I didn't like having the pump strapped on my either and going thru the port. Hearing it pump every 30 seconds or so, kind of demoralizing.

And when I'd soak in the tub versus the showers I usually take. My wife insisted I smelt the house up like a big medicne tea bag, LOL...

To me, I always felt that I had this cat urine or spray odor...kind of a sweet sickening pungent smell.

JG
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    osmotar said:

Had
    Had the waffle marks for sure, my neice said all I needed was bit a butter and some syrup, she has a weird sense of humor, well of course so do I. I didn't open my eyes the whole time, neice said she could see my eyelashes poking thru the waffle. Time will tell how it all progresses.

Butter and Syrup!
    Well, that must be my sense of humor too, because it made me laugh. Yeah, leaving with the waffle marks every day, definitely got me more than a few strange looks from people as I was walking through the hospital and on the shuttle bus on the way to the car. Kinda felt more flattened that a waffle squished down in that mask. More like a wafer thin pizzelle.
  • CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options

Butter and Syrup!
    Well, that must be my sense of humor too, because it made me laugh. Yeah, leaving with the waffle marks every day, definitely got me more than a few strange looks from people as I was walking through the hospital and on the shuttle bus on the way to the car. Kinda felt more flattened that a waffle squished down in that mask. More like a wafer thin pizzelle.

Shuttle to your car ???
    Wow ! I just recall the last 7-8 rad sessions rolling off the flat board....somehow putting on my shirt....slipping on my shoes and sunglasses....and trying to play Mr. Cool as I made it to the 1st trash receptical that I could find. I would never be able to ride a shuttle, or maybe could if by myself. Dear wife would pour my in the car, and when I said to pull over, she did a wonderful job of not wrecking. Always just in the nick of time. Sorry, but the thought of riding in a shuttle just brought back some weird memories.

Larry
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options

Shuttle to your car ???
    Wow ! I just recall the last 7-8 rad sessions rolling off the flat board....somehow putting on my shirt....slipping on my shoes and sunglasses....and trying to play Mr. Cool as I made it to the 1st trash receptical that I could find. I would never be able to ride a shuttle, or maybe could if by myself. Dear wife would pour my in the car, and when I said to pull over, she did a wonderful job of not wrecking. Always just in the nick of time. Sorry, but the thought of riding in a shuttle just brought back some weird memories.

Larry

Larry, re: shuttle bus
    Yep, there are shuttle buses to bring you around the different buildings and entrances and to the parking lot. There was no way I could walk up that hill. I don't think I could do it now even. They'd need to have paddles at the ready, cause I wouldn't make it.

There were days where I couldn't even do the shuttle and we would just walk down to an entrance (after a bath room stop too. And they'd give me a little sick pan to walk out with :-/ ) and I would stay there and wait while one of them got the car and picked me up. They do have valet parking if you are doing radiation and you can get a wheel chair too, but I never had to use either. Or maybe it's just cause my parents pushed me in and made me walk. Lol
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Staceya

Looks like they did a full body harness on you; all I did was just a small mast. I thinking of using it for Halloween

Boo
    Hondo

Dwarves and waffles
    I think the mask may look bigger than it is because I am sort of a dwarf.
    Who really likes waffles.
  • osmotar
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

5FU Pump & Insurance
    I had a little bump the first time...for whatever reason, my insurance tried to bill me as Out of Network for the pump and associated, because of the separate billing.

I had to convince them that it was the ChemoCenter that used them and it was all In Network...

Didn't have any problems after that.

I didn't like having the pump strapped on my either and going thru the port. Hearing it pump every 30 seconds or so, kind of demoralizing.

And when I'd soak in the tub versus the showers I usually take. My wife insisted I smelt the house up like a big medicne tea bag, LOL...

To me, I always felt that I had this cat urine or spray odor...kind of a sweet sickening pungent smell.

JG

Insurance
    My insurance has paid for the pump both times, not sure what they will do this time since I did have the pump and it did dispense a small amount and had to follow that up with the 1000cc push. They may blink when trying to decide whether both applications will be paid for.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    osmotar said:

Will
    Will do, from the moment ct scan started thats all I heard in my head.

Children

What a gift that God gave to us, even better are Grandchildren because we can give them back when we are finish spoiling them for our Children. Ha ha ha

I love them all and it was my Wife and Children that gave me the strength to keep my faith in God through out all my treatments

:+))
    Hondo
  • osmotar
    Options
    Hondo said:

Children

What a gift that God gave to us, even better are Grandchildren because we can give them back when we are finish spoiling them for our Children. Ha ha ha

I love them all and it was my Wife and Children that gave me the strength to keep my faith in God through out all my treatments

Hondo

Yes
    I only have 1 grandchild, and prior to this little detour of mine had planned on moving back east. Once I get thru this thats still my plan, closer to all my family. The avitar pic I have is my neice KT who is here with me while I go thru the treatments, her mom my youngest sister will be here next sat for 12 weeks...I've come to realize just how close my family and I are.. true blessings.
  • osmotar
    Options
    Hondo said:

Children

Hondo

Yes
    I only have 1 grandchild, and prior to this little detour of mine had planned on moving back east. Once I get thru this thats still my plan, closer to all my family. The avitar pic I have is my neice KT who is here with me while I go thru the treatments, her mom my youngest sister will be here next sat for 12 weeks...I've come to realize just how close my family and I are.. true blessings.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    osmotar said:

Yes

Family
    You are so right and so blessed to have them come and be with you throughout your treatment. My wife and caregiver was my backbone and support through both of my treatments, without her I could not have made it and would have died for sure.

Keep your plans of moving back home as your focus point to keep you moving forward. My wife and I go home to our family in Honduras once a year and I focus on that as a point in my life to look forward to as it seems to make the time go faster. That may sound stupid but to me it is a way of keeping my mind set on something I enjoy.

Wishing you the best as you move forwards
    Hondo
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Options
    pic
    There is a pic of mine on my expressions page,Linda.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Joe