Options
13»

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Deported
    Watched the video. Fascinating! But then again I was a nurse. Didn't let Buzz watch it tho, he is a fainter. Congratulations on a real milestone. Karen

Video
    Hi Karen....I like things like that also...informative, not for the sake of gore.

I have no idea if the MD was jabbing the numbing needle in like in that video...that alone made me aprehensive...but in reality we were just talking about my other shoulder which was operated on several years ago (collar bone popped out)....and I felt a few sticks and a little burning and that was it.

He let it set up good for 10 minutes or so and when he started I didn't feel a thig other than the pressure of hi squeezing it out.

It does have a pretty good bruise in the area today. Not sure if that's from the squeezing or internal blood seepage in the area.

Just so Buzz knows, I'm not big on a lot of blood either, especially not my own, LOL.... I've been light headed more than once...(OK, no jokes)... from seeing a lot of blood. But I can usually get the job done.

I've been in the delivery room during both of my childrens births and even cut the cord when my daughter Melissa was born.

I can tell you one thing....you women must have some strong maternal instincts...there is no way in hell that I would go through all of that...LOL.

Best,
    John
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Video
    Hi Karen....I like things like that also...informative, not for the sake of gore.

I have no idea if the MD was jabbing the numbing needle in like in that video...that alone made me aprehensive...but in reality we were just talking about my other shoulder which was operated on several years ago (collar bone popped out)....and I felt a few sticks and a little burning and that was it.

He let it set up good for 10 minutes or so and when he started I didn't feel a thig other than the pressure of hi squeezing it out.

It does have a pretty good bruise in the area today. Not sure if that's from the squeezing or internal blood seepage in the area.

Just so Buzz knows, I'm not big on a lot of blood either, especially not my own, LOL.... I've been light headed more than once...(OK, no jokes)... from seeing a lot of blood. But I can usually get the job done.

I've been in the delivery room during both of my childrens births and even cut the cord when my daughter Melissa was born.

I can tell you one thing....you women must have some strong maternal instincts...there is no way in hell that I would go through all of that...LOL.

Best,
    John

not me
    the whole child birth thing looked like it was way more than i could handle. lol I will settle for the four legged kid. preferrably, the non furry varity. ;-)
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Video

Best,
    John

Amazing Video
    The hold thing is amazing to me on how they can put one in and take it back out.

Hondo
  • RayTodd
    RayTodd Member Posts: 187
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

"We are the nights, the nights who say Neek!"
    Black Knight with no arms or legs..., "What are you going to do, bleed on me"...."It's just a flesh wound"....

Spanish Mackerel....I can make a mean smoked spanish mackerel spread....,a few crackers, couple of Corona....mmmmhhhmmmm.

JG

your grandmother wears army boots
    I fart in your general direction you filthy English K nikets
  • Skiffin16
    Options

not me
    the whole child birth thing looked like it was way more than i could handle. lol I will settle for the four legged kid. preferrably, the non furry varity. ;-)

Dawn
    You and Shelley both...LOL...we love our fur kids.

JG
  • Hondo
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Dawn
    You and Shelley both...LOL...we love our fur kids.

JG

Fur
    John are you talking about the rugs or the dogs. lol

Hondo
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Hondo said:

Fur
    John are you talking about the rugs or the dogs. lol

Hondo

Chocolate
    Chocolate covered fur kids.....
  • Hondo
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Chocolate
    Chocolate covered fur kids.....

Kids
    Agree on that I loved my Black Lab somehow she was to me a kid or maybe I was the kid to her. It is amazing how they can get into our hearts.
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Hondo said:

Amazing Video
    The hold thing is amazing to me on how they can put one in and take it back out.

Hondo

Power Port
    I have to admit when I was told I would have one of these placed in my chest I was a bit apprehensive..but now I think it's one of the best things since white ..oops whole wheat bread. Not having to be stuck numerous times with small veins that roll and at times a nurse (sorry not all nurses) after I tell them about my veins tell me they can stick anyone , I've had the bruising to show thats not necessarily true. None the less the port is a breeze for the uses they are intended for. Not sure I could sit thru an office visit to have it removed, but I'm not anywhere near that point yet.

Linda
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    ANOTHER MILESTONE ACHEIVED
    John, good to hear the procedure went well. Nice to have the "hardware" finally out.

Best

Mike
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    osmotar said:

Power Port
    I have to admit when I was told I would have one of these placed in my chest I was a bit apprehensive..but now I think it's one of the best things since white ..oops whole wheat bread. Not having to be stuck numerous times with small veins that roll and at times a nurse (sorry not all nurses) after I tell them about my veins tell me they can stick anyone , I've had the bruising to show thats not necessarily true. None the less the port is a breeze for the uses they are intended for. Not sure I could sit thru an office visit to have it removed, but I'm not anywhere near that point yet.

Linda

Frau Blucher
    I agree.....

Though I did have one nurse that I never let stick me using the port after my first experience with her, LOL....

I always referred to her as "Frau Blucher" after that...

If you ever saw Young Frankenstein, everytime any one called her name ,"Frau Blucher"...all of the horses would whiney....LOL.

She about poked, jabbed and all but used a hammer to get the port pin in.... I finally asked her to get Lane (The Worse Nurse) to do it please...

JG
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Frau Blucher
    I agree.....

Though I did have one nurse that I never let stick me using the port after my first experience with her, LOL....

I always referred to her as "Frau Blucher" after that...

If you ever saw Young Frankenstein, everytime any one called her name ,"Frau Blucher"...all of the horses would whiney....LOL.

She about poked, jabbed and all but used a hammer to get the port pin in.... I finally asked her to get Lane (The Worse Nurse) to do it please...

JG

Frau Blucher
    I just watched that again on Friday! I love that movie, favorite Mel Brooks, I think. I also watched an HBO special with **** Cavett, Mel Brooks, and Carl Reiner. Very funny.
  • Skiffin16
    Options

Frau Blucher
    I just watched that again on Friday! I love that movie, favorite Mel Brooks, I think. I also watched an HBO special with **** Cavett, Mel Brooks, and Carl Reiner. Very funny.

**** Cavett
    WOW, I remember watching his show all of the time...LOL.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

**** Cavett
    WOW, I remember watching his show all of the time...LOL.

**** Cavett
    See, I never watched his show, it was kinda before my time. This was just some special on HBO, not his actual show. I should mention that it has mature language in case anyone thinks they might like to watch it.
  • Skiffin16
    Options

**** Cavett
    See, I never watched his show, it was kinda before my time. This was just some special on HBO, not his actual show. I should mention that it has mature language in case anyone thinks they might like to watch it.

Before My Time
    OOOOHHHHH....

Just throw out the "before my time" statement, LOL..... What, you're trying to make me feel old now....

I think I was just thrown a virtual "punch in the throat".....LOL

I might just have to post a comment on the SuperThread....

:)~
    John
  • Hondo
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Before My Time
    OOOOHHHHH....

Just throw out the "before my time" statement, LOL..... What, you're trying to make me feel old now....

John

John

If you post on sweet superThread you will get more than a virtual punch. Whatever you do please don’t make her mad, that is 100% all 115lbs pure Tiger.

Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Before My Time
    OOOOHHHHH....

John

Hahahaha!
    Well, you're not *that* old, I don't think. I mean, I know you're younger than my dad.

Don't be posting to that thread. I will be forced to break out that voodoo doll. ;-)

Hmmm. Tiger? More like cougar....... Lol
  • Hondo
    Options

Hahahaha!
    Well, you're not *that* old, I don't think. I mean, I know you're younger than my dad.

Don't be posting to that thread. I will be forced to break out that voodoo doll. ;-)

Hmmm. Tiger? More like cougar....... Lol

Voodoo doll
    See John what did I tell you,now you made her mad

Love you all for making my day so joyful
    Hondo
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Video LOL
    LOL, yes I kinda wished I hadn't watched it just before going in either....my surgeon gave me a little crap because it caused me a little stress thinking about it before the procedure...

But in all honesty it was really nothing..I have no idea if the numbing was anything like in that video. I barely felt a few sticks and a little burning and that was it.

The only thing I didn't care much for was him pushing and squeezing it out like a big zit, LOL....but it popped right out...a few stitches, a little super glue and slapped a patch on it.

It didn't cause me any grief after either.

I actually went home and did the lawn because it was getting so long that my two choclate labs were gonna kick my butt if I didn't cut it.

They're females and apparently they don't like tall wet grass touching their hoohoo's while peeing.

Best,
    John

Their hoohoo's
    OMG!!! That is some funny stuff. I gotta give it to you John. You can come up with some zingers.. LMAO!!!