**** I Have Been Deported~ After the Fact & Updated****

Options

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    OK, like Larry said, wasn't nothing but a thing....just a minor sting from the numbing needle.

Here's the before and after photos for those interested....not gory.

Port Still In

Port Incision

Port Removed

Thanks for all of the support.....

Another milestone in the life of a cancer survivor....

Best,
    John
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

OK, like Larry said, wasn't nothing but a thing....just a minor sting from the numbing needle.

Port Still In

Port Incision

Port Removed

Best,
    John

John
    As they say it was a piece of cake, glad it went well

Hondo
  • RayTodd
    RayTodd Member Posts: 187
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Port Still In

Port Incision

Port Removed

Best,
    John

haha i got it deported
    funny because i have lived in Australia as a permanent residence since i was 11 thats 48 years ago, and for my wife sake because since heightened security I am usually held in immigration in Indonesia for about two hours each trip ( my wife sweats blood but i find it exciting ) I have decided to surprise here and get neutralised for April my 60th birthday in Bali. I believe it requires a labotomy hehehehe.
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    RayTodd said:

haha i got it deported
    funny because i have lived in Australia as a permanent residence since i was 11 thats 48 years ago, and for my wife sake because since heightened security I am usually held in immigration in Indonesia for about two hours each trip ( my wife sweats blood but i find it exciting ) I have decided to surprise here and get neutralised for April my 60th birthday in Bali. I believe it requires a labotomy hehehehe.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Quotes
    I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

I'm a damn marvel of modern science.

They was giving me ten thousand watts a day, you know, and I'm hot to trot! The next woman takes me on's gonna light up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars!

If Mr. McMurphy doesn't want to take his medication orally, I'm sure we can arrange that he can have it some other way.

Who's the head bull-goose loony around here?

JG
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Port Still In

Port Incision

Port Removed

Best,
    John

Happy to hear all well
    Yours was bigger than my friend had ten years ago. Hers was about the size of a dime.
  • ahamric
    ahamric Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Quotes
    I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

I'm a damn marvel of modern science.

They was giving me ten thousand watts a day, you know, and I'm hot to trot! The next woman takes me on's gonna light up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars!

If Mr. McMurphy doesn't want to take his medication orally, I'm sure we can arrange that he can have it some other way.

Who's the head bull-goose loony around here?

JG

I am glad things went
    I am glad things went well..after looks like it's going to be nothing. I really do wish I hadn't watched the video but thanks for posting it. : ) Good luck on your recovery road and an amazing new normal! : )
  • Carolinagal
    Carolinagal Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Port Still In

Port Incision

Port Removed

Best,
    John

Wow
    I'm glad that went well for you! Congratulations on another milestone!
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    ahamric said:

I am glad things went
    I am glad things went well..after looks like it's going to be nothing. I really do wish I hadn't watched the video but thanks for posting it. : ) Good luck on your recovery road and an amazing new normal! : )

Video LOL
    LOL, yes I kinda wished I hadn't watched it just before going in either....my surgeon gave me a little crap because it caused me a little stress thinking about it before the procedure...

But in all honesty it was really nothing..I have no idea if the numbing was anything like in that video. I barely felt a few sticks and a little burning and that was it.

The only thing I didn't care much for was him pushing and squeezing it out like a big zit, LOL....but it popped right out...a few stitches, a little super glue and slapped a patch on it.

It didn't cause me any grief after either.

I actually went home and did the lawn because it was getting so long that my two choclate labs were gonna kick my butt if I didn't cut it.

They're females and apparently they don't like tall wet grass touching their hoohoo's while peeing.

Best,
    John
  • KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    I'm not going to look at the
    I'm not going to look at the pictures. Thank you for updating. Glad all went well. I would love to be a fly on the wall when you ask the nurses to flush the port. BTW, glad Cuba didn't want you back!!
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi John, Just wanted to let
    Hi John, Just wanted to let you know we were happy to hear all went well. I always love to read your posts, Keep that sick sense of humor going and keep us laughing. You are a one-of -a kind!! Take Care, Homer & Connie
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options

Hi John, Just wanted to let
    Hi John, Just wanted to let you know we were happy to hear all went well. I always love to read your posts, Keep that sick sense of humor going and keep us laughing. You are a one-of -a kind!! Take Care, Homer & Connie

congrats on your deportation

• Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options

Awesome!
    Oh wait a minute, I was celebrating you getting thrown out of the country. Oh well congrats anyway Big Man! Good to hear you hit another milestone!

Keep your line tight!

Greg
  • RayTodd
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Video LOL
    LOL, yes I kinda wished I hadn't watched it just before going in either....my surgeon gave me a little crap because it caused me a little stress thinking about it before the procedure...

But in all honesty it was really nothing..I have no idea if the numbing was anything like in that video. I barely felt a few sticks and a little burning and that was it.

The only thing I didn't care much for was him pushing and squeezing it out like a big zit, LOL....but it popped right out...a few stitches, a little super glue and slapped a patch on it.

I actually went home and did the lawn because it was getting so long that my two choclate labs were gonna kick my butt if I didn't cut it.

They're females and apparently they don't like tall wet grass touching their hoohoo's while peeing.

Best,
    John

what about mesh
    They are trying to replace my naso gastric tube as soon as they can do it with a PEG. Thank goodness. I have had hernias before and i am thinking it only need a tiny tear to necessitate the placement of mesh, am assuming the opening for the PEG would mean mesh' I already have one right down the middle so when i do crunches i make a tent.
    Glad to hear it went all right for you. I bet you like Monty Python and Blue collar comedy tour style humer. If i win this week lotto i will fly you down here and take you Spanish Mackerel fishing off ledge point catch them 5-6 ft at times off the land ballon fishing.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Video LOL

Best,
    John

Zit
    If only they can do that with C they could squeez on me all they want. I know about the choclate labs and gress and guess what Fe-mails Pit-bulls don't like high grass either, she picks to go by my shed door just to let me know. :)

Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    RayTodd said:

what about mesh
    They are trying to replace my naso gastric tube as soon as they can do it with a PEG. Thank goodness. I have had hernias before and i am thinking it only need a tiny tear to necessitate the placement of mesh, am assuming the opening for the PEG would mean mesh' I already have one right down the middle so when i do crunches i make a tent.
    Glad to hear it went all right for you. I bet you like Monty Python and Blue collar comedy tour style humer. If i win this week lotto i will fly you down here and take you Spanish Mackerel fishing off ledge point catch them 5-6 ft at times off the land ballon fishing.

"always look on the bright side of life..."
    Idk about John, but I'm a huge Monty Python fan!
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Awesome!
    Oh wait a minute, I was celebrating you getting thrown out of the country. Oh well congrats anyway Big Man! Good to hear you hit another milestone!

Keep your line tight!

Greg

John
    Great to hear it went well. Glad to hear you lived to tell about it!!! Yeah. Another giant step in the post-tx life, John- and you are there. Excellent!

kcass
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    RayTodd said:

what about mesh

"We are the nights, the nights who say Neek!"
    Black Knight with no arms or legs..., "What are you going to do, bleed on me"...."It's just a flesh wound"....

Spanish Mackerel....I can make a mean smoked spanish mackerel spread....,a few crackers, couple of Corona....mmmmhhhmmmm.

JG
  • KareGiver
    KareGiver Member Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

John
    Great to hear it went well. Glad to hear you lived to tell about it!!! Yeah. Another giant step in the post-tx life, John- and you are there. Excellent!

kcass

Ah yes...
    It's all about those milestones. Congrats on yet another!
  • RayTodd
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

"We are the nights, the nights who say Neek!"
    Black Knight with no arms or legs..., "What are you going to do, bleed on me"...."It's just a flesh wound"....

Spanish Mackerel....I can make a mean smoked spanish mackerel spread....,a few crackers, couple of Corona....mmmmhhhmmmm.

JG

hehe come on LOtto
    wish i could taste hehe
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Deported
    Watched the video. Fascinating! But then again I was a nurse. Didn't let Buzz watch it tho, he is a fainter. Congratulations on a real milestone. Karen