Options
13»

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Baygal said:

South Padre Island
    South Padre Island, not to be confused with Padre Island, is located further south, across the bridge from Port Isabel, Tx. It's about 25 miles from the Mexican border town of Matamoras. A little drive for us, but we think it's well worth it. When I get a little smarter on how to post pictures, I'll show you some of our fish.
    Vickie has her biopsy this Tuesday. They say she can't talk for three days and only speak in a normal voice for two weeks after that.
    Her ENT doctor wants to but her on chemo right away, then remove her lymph nodes after that. We seem to be at their mercy, not knowing what's best. I'll keep posting hoping that you folks will recognize anything extra or out of the ordinary that we should be aware of.
    Bob

Lymphnode Removal
    I can only speak for my experience, but it was a good choice from my MD's.

I had tonsils cancer STGIII SCC HPV+ and one tumor (Swollen Lymphnode). It was close to the carotid so they took out the tonsils, but decided to wait on the tumor.

They wanted to see what effects the chemo and concuurent chemo/rads would have. Best would be that it would dissolve away, next best it would be smaller and less invasive, lastly it wouldn't change and they'd do a dissection.

In my case it turned out best. The tumor dissolved away after 6 - 9 weeks and confirmed completely gone by CT before I even started the concurrent seven weeks of weekly chemo and 35 daily rads.

Best,
    John
  • Baygal
    Baygal Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Lymphnode Removal
    I can only speak for my experience, but it was a good choice from my MD's.

I had tonsils cancer STGIII SCC HPV+ and one tumor (Swollen Lymphnode). It was close to the carotid so they took out the tonsils, but decided to wait on the tumor.

They wanted to see what effects the chemo and concuurent chemo/rads would have. Best would be that it would dissolve away, next best it would be smaller and less invasive, lastly it wouldn't change and they'd do a dissection.

In my case it turned out best. The tumor dissolved away after 6 - 9 weeks and confirmed completely gone by CT before I even started the concurrent seven weeks of weekly chemo and 35 daily rads.

Best,
    John

NBC News Report on HPV-16
    Saw this on a Brian Williams report night before last. Thought you folks might be interested.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/vp/44542589#44542589

Bob