Having a hard time today

Options

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-{
    Oh Sue I sure wish you felt better! How many chemo's do you have left? If at all possible you may want to take some time off during your chemo week. If you are referring to the metallic taste I would suggest not using metal utensils, switch to sturdy plastic ones to help eliminate some of the intensity of it. Mental utensils just seemed to amplify the nasty taste for me. I am hoping by the time you read this you are feeling better.

Hugs,

RE
  • mckevnic
    mckevnic Member Posts: 71
    Options
    RE said:

Oh Sue I sure wish you felt better! How many chemo's do you have left? If at all possible you may want to take some time off during your chemo week. If you are referring to the metallic taste I would suggest not using metal utensils, switch to sturdy plastic ones to help eliminate some of the intensity of it. Mental utensils just seemed to amplify the nasty taste for me. I am hoping by the time you read this you are feeling better.

Hugs,

RE

Hope today is a better day!
    Sue, I hope you are feeling better today. Hang in there! Each day should be better than the last. You CAN do this!!
    Chris
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Theres nothing worse than working thru chemo. I hope the effects ease up soon. My doctor is going easier on the dosing for my chemo because of the transfusion problem a couple weeks ago. It takes me a full hour every morning to start feeling ok. After all the drugs I take to feel better. Sorry you feel miserable and hope it passes soon.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Sue
    I hope your feeling better today. Yes I remember my 3rd. chemo...it was tough. I hope you'll be feeling better soon though.
    Big Hug,
    Annette

Hoping you feel better
    Hoping you feel better soon.

Hugs, Lex
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Sue
    Theres nothing worse than working thru chemo. I hope the effects ease up soon. My doctor is going easier on the dosing for my chemo because of the transfusion problem a couple weeks ago. It takes me a full hour every morning to start feeling ok. After all the drugs I take to feel better. Sorry you feel miserable and hope it passes soon.

Really hoping that you are doing better now Sue. Praying that you are. I will be looking for an update with hopefully good news on you are feeling.

Hugs, Diane
  • pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Really hoping that you are doing better now Sue. Praying that you are. I will be looking for an update with hopefully good news on you are feeling.

Hugs, Diane

I understand...
    Hi Sue, I just finished up my 3rd a week ago Monday and it kicked my butt real good too! I asked the onc. if the chemo and SE's would get progressively worse as it goes and he said noooooo....I think he lied to me. I see him next Monday and I intend to let him know. I've had difficulty in everything. Diarrhea profusely, mouth sores, nausea, burps, gas, yuck mouth, headaches, serious attitude problem, etc, etc. I feel like a drug addict, sitting at the table sorting thru all my prescriptions for what ails me at the moment. This chemo thing is making me nutz!!! I can hardly leave the house, let alone get anything done.

I know how you are feeling. I'm right there with ya. I've got 3 more to go. Best wishes for SE free days.

hugs, Debbie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

So sad you're feeling bad
    I had the horrid taste too--not much helped. Anything sweet made me sick, forget about something sour, bland tasted like wallpaper paste and made me gag. This is going to sound weird--here's what I lived on during those bad days of the last few chemos--Peanut butter on white bread, tomato soup from a can and cheerios with skim milk. There could be no variations! It was all trial and error and some of the things others suggested did not work for me.

Try to rest, get fluids down and distract yourself. Sometimes, just trying to play mindless games on the computer helped--or watching those reality shows on BRAVO! Do what you have to do, but try to pamper yourself.

Best of luck--
    Many hugs, Renee

Hoping that you got some
    Hoping that you got some rest Sue and that today you are better. Post to let us know.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Sue

Really hoping that you are better Sue and I hope you post soon to let us know.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    mckevnic said:

Hope today is a better day!
    Sue, I hope you are feeling better today. Hang in there! Each day should be better than the last. You CAN do this!!
    Chris

Sue, how are you now? Any
    Sue, how are you now? Any better? I am praying that you are.

Hugs, Angie
  • DianeBC
    Options
    susie09 said:

Really hoping that you are better Sue and I hope you post soon to let us know.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣

Sue, are you feeling better
    Sue, are you feeling better yet?

Hugs, Diane
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Sue, are you feeling better
    Sue, are you feeling better yet?

Hugs, Diane

Day 7, and still no taste
    Day 7, and still no taste buds....but feeling a little more normal. Hoping this weekend will be the turning point!!

Thank you ALL for being there for me!!!
  • DianeBC
    Options
    SueRelays said:

Day 7, and still no taste buds....but feeling a little more normal. Hoping this weekend will be the turning point!!

Glad to read that you are
    Glad to read that you are feeling somewhat better today Sue. Hoping that you can feel a LOT better and have a great weekend!

Hugs, Diane
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    SueRelays said:

Sue ... Gentle hugs and prayers
    chemo sucks big time, at least in my case. So I can relate, and my heart and soul goes out to you, Sue.

Hang in and do whatever possible to keep you healthy, sane and safe.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Sue ... Gentle hugs and prayers
    chemo sucks big time, at least in my case. So I can relate, and my heart and soul goes out to you, Sue.

Hang in and do whatever possible to keep you healthy, sane and safe.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

I was fortunate to not have
    I was fortunate to not have chemo Sue. I hope and pray that with each day, you will start feeling much, much better.

Hugs, Kylez
  • mollieb
    mollieb Member Posts: 148
    Options
    SueRelays said:

Well all these cute pics put
    Well all these cute pics put a smile on my face :). This is the worst I have felt.....so I'm heading home. And I was feeling so good last week! The rollercoaster!!!
    Any great tips in getting that HORRID taste out of my mouth??

Bad Taste
    During chemo, for the first time in my life, I chewed gum. I was brought up never to chew gum: "if a lady MUST chew gum, she should do it in the privacy of her bedroom" -- why would anyone HAVE to chew gum? Well, now I know. At first I mistook the taste for a craving for salt, and ate a lot of pretzels, but as it intensified I recognized it for what it was. Someone here, I think, recommended gum to someone else, and I went to CVS and stocked up. It worked. I didn't limit myself to my bedroom, either!

Hope you are feeling better soon.
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    SueRelays said:

Well all these cute pics put
    Well all these cute pics put a smile on my face :). This is the worst I have felt.....so I'm heading home. And I was feeling so good last week! The rollercoaster!!!
    Any great tips in getting that HORRID taste out of my mouth??

Bad taste
    All the ladies are giving you good advice about rest, hydration, etc...
    When I had chemo, I had that bad taste in my mouth also. Sometimes, Werther's Originals, those hard candies helped. Sometimes, I would just have a little peanut butter off a spoon. I couldn't do gum, it made me gag (probably TMI), but one of my friends liked using gum...
    Hugs and best wishes to you,
    Sybil
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry
    That you have to work during this...any chance for a medical leave of absence? If you don't have insurance I hope you know about the Medicaid Cancer Care Card, that just about everyone in the US would qualify for...it is not about the money....I agree with those that said take care of you....I am sending you a hug....a good foot massage....a baked potatoe......a quiet house....a long nap....hope you get all those, because you have my permission to have them all at once or one at a time....hang in there Sue, you can do this....maybe not at work, but you will make it through, and feel "normal again". love to you, and take a mediacal leave of absence? ok? Sinee
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    sinee said:

I'm so sorry
    That you have to work during this...any chance for a medical leave of absence? If you don't have insurance I hope you know about the Medicaid Cancer Care Card, that just about everyone in the US would qualify for...it is not about the money....I agree with those that said take care of you....I am sending you a hug....a good foot massage....a baked potatoe......a quiet house....a long nap....hope you get all those, because you have my permission to have them all at once or one at a time....hang in there Sue, you can do this....maybe not at work, but you will make it through, and feel "normal again". love to you, and take a mediacal leave of absence? ok? Sinee

Glad you are feeling more
    Glad you are feeling more normal. Sorry no taste buds yet. Chemo sucks :(

Hugs, Megan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Hugs,

RE

Thinking of you Sue and
    Thinking of you Sue and hoping for better days for you with chemo.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Glad you are feeling more
    Glad you are feeling more normal. Sorry no taste buds yet. Chemo sucks :(

Hugs, Megan

Feeling better?
    Sue :)

Feeling better?

Sue :)