♥ Our honor-roll walk ♥

Options

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options

3.5 miles Tuesday and 3.5
    3.5 miles Tuesday and 3.5 miles today. I'd like to give both my days to Laurissa, I hope our dear sweet sister feels our energy.

Team total 53.6

Great Idea Lorrie!
    6 miles

Great Idea Lorrie!

6 miles this week...dedicated to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law both survivors and in active treatment while I was too. I still have sympathy for the men in our family putting up with the three of us.

Team total 59.6
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options

3.5 miles Tuesday and 3.5
    3.5 miles Tuesday and 3.5 miles today. I'd like to give both my days to Laurissa, I hope our dear sweet sister feels our energy.

Team total 53.6

Weekly tally for me
    since I walk/run alot...

Mon-Friday of this week=18.24

So we now have a total of 77.84

I use the Nike + app on my IPOD. It is great. Just turn it on and it tells you how far you have walked.

Good luck to all.

Clementine
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Weekly tally for me
    since I walk/run alot...

Mon-Friday of this week=18.24

So we now have a total of 77.84

I use the Nike + app on my IPOD. It is great. Just turn it on and it tells you how far you have walked.

Good luck to all.

Clementine

Great idea!
    Since I'm in Phoenix (112 yesterday :(!) I do my exercise at the gym in the summer. Today I'll go 2.5 miles on the elliptical in honor of my friend, Kristall, from my cancer therapy group who just developed metastasis in her liver and lungs.

STAY STRONG, KRISTALL.

Hugs, Renee
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    I haven't been walking very long, but it takes me 20 minutes to walk 1/2 mile but I am getting faster..hehehehe, I will keep track, sounds like fun~you're so clever little lady~thanks Lorrie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    RE said:

Love it!
    Today I walked 1.7 miles for Terry O'Connor who is a fellow warrior (not bc but cancer all the same) and is currently in the hospital.

Group total to date: 5.2

RE~ so glad you walked for Terry! She is indeed a BC sister; first diagnosed at 28 and she underwent 2 lumpectomies followed by other surgeries and treatments. She is being treated for ALL now which is sadly but probably a result of the many chemos she has had doing battle with the beast.
  • tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Love it!
    Today I walked 1.7 miles for Terry O'Connor who is a fellow warrior (not bc but cancer all the same) and is currently in the hospital.

Group total to date: 5.2

TOC
    Hopefully TOC will persevere. MJ seems optomistic. Been a long haul.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    sinee said:

I'm in
    I haven't been walking very long, but it takes me 20 minutes to walk 1/2 mile but I am getting faster..hehehehe, I will keep track, sounds like fun~you're so clever little lady~thanks Lorrie

I know I shouldn't compare...
    ...but I'm feeling a little pathetic, given some of your Wonder Woman-esque totals.

Maybe next week, I'll go to Nancy's house and just walk back and forth to and from the mailbox with her....:-)

My total for the week is 9 miles.

TEAM TOTAL: 89.34

And I walked this week for Wendy Feldman, a fellow breast cancer survivor, friend and co-worker who went through treatment a year before me, and gave me such support and encouragement (and hats!) when it was my turn. Sadly, she went through treatment only to be diagnosed the following year with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), and died an agonizing death this past May. I miss you, Wendy, and wish you were here to walk with me.

Traci
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

I know I shouldn't compare...
    ...but I'm feeling a little pathetic, given some of your Wonder Woman-esque totals.

Maybe next week, I'll go to Nancy's house and just walk back and forth to and from the mailbox with her....:-)

My total for the week is 9 miles.

TEAM TOTAL: 89.34

And I walked this week for Wendy Feldman, a fellow breast cancer survivor, friend and co-worker who went through treatment a year before me, and gave me such support and encouragement (and hats!) when it was my turn. Sadly, she went through treatment only to be diagnosed the following year with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), and died an agonizing death this past May. I miss you, Wendy, and wish you were here to walk with me.

Traci

11 miles
    I walked about 11 miles, so this brings the

TEAM TOTAL to 100.34 miles.

I walked this week for my friend Caroline, who just finished chemo for her second battle with the BC beast.

Jane
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    BunnyJane said:

11 miles

I walked this week for my friend Caroline, who just finished chemo for her second battle with the BC beast.

Jane

6.5 miles this week ...
    \deicated my walk this week to Marsha Mulvey... Keep strong, dear Sister.

Total ... 106.84

Vicki Sam
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    BunnyJane said:

11 miles

Jane

6.5 miles this week ...
    \dedicated my walk this week to Marsha Mulvey... Keep strong, dear Sister.

Total ... 106.84

Vicki Sam
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

6.5 miles this week ...
    \dedicated my walk this week to Marsha Mulvey... Keep strong, dear Sister.

Total ... 106.84

Vicki Sam

And six more
    Three yesterday, three this morning (15 total for the week).

I walked for those who can't right now.

106.84 + my 6 = 109.84

xoxo
    Victoria
  • chenheart
    Options
    This thread is making me
    This thread is making me sad...many of you know that I have always been an avid walker~ 7~8 miles 3X a week in my neighborhood with a walking partner, half marathons, 5 and 10K's, staying the entire 24 hours at the Relay For Life and also doing our local Lance Armstrong challenge. I did the Revlon 5K 4 days after gabladder surgery; much to the shock and dismay of my surgeon. When it was ugly weather, or my partner couldn't make it, ( we would walk at 5AM as she had to be to work) I would put on the exercise channel On Demand, and do 4 miles of walking in my livingroom.

But as of 3 months ao, my health has deteriorated so much that walking is out of the question. My pleural effusion makes it difficult for me to breathe; I had my lung aspirated 4 weeks ago~ instead of the normal 2 teaspoons of fluid, my rt lung had over half a gallon. :-( And it sadly is already filling up again...

So, I cannot believe that the beast is stealing from me!! Not my joy of life, not my will to live, not my sense of humor, not my happy home, not my friends and amazing husband. But my abiity to walk and get sweaty and breathe hard and competing. I still have so much, and I am eternally grateful. But I miss my walking and my personal best, and my endorphins...I would be lying if I said I didn't.

Walk on sisters! It is a beautiful thing, indeed!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    chenheart said:

This thread is making me
    This thread is making me sad...many of you know that I have always been an avid walker~ 7~8 miles 3X a week in my neighborhood with a walking partner, half marathons, 5 and 10K's, staying the entire 24 hours at the Relay For Life and also doing our local Lance Armstrong challenge. I did the Revlon 5K 4 days after gabladder surgery; much to the shock and dismay of my surgeon. When it was ugly weather, or my partner couldn't make it, ( we would walk at 5AM as she had to be to work) I would put on the exercise channel On Demand, and do 4 miles of walking in my livingroom.

But as of 3 months ao, my health has deteriorated so much that walking is out of the question. My pleural effusion makes it difficult for me to breathe; I had my lung aspirated 4 weeks ago~ instead of the normal 2 teaspoons of fluid, my rt lung had over half a gallon. :-( And it sadly is already filling up again...

So, I cannot believe that the beast is stealing from me!! Not my joy of life, not my will to live, not my sense of humor, not my happy home, not my friends and amazing husband. But my abiity to walk and get sweaty and breathe hard and competing. I still have so much, and I am eternally grateful. But I miss my walking and my personal best, and my endorphins...I would be lying if I said I didn't.

Walk on sisters! It is a beautiful thing, indeed!

I HATE that this thread is
    I HATE that this thread is making you sad! May you have beautiful walks in your future, dear Chen. xoxoxox Lynn
  • chenheart
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

I HATE that this thread is
    I HATE that this thread is making you sad! May you have beautiful walks in your future, dear Chen. xoxoxox Lynn

Thank you Lynn...I know I am
    Thank you Lynn...I know I am brave, I know I am strong and determined, but lately I have been just a bit overwhelmed too and my Ostrich therapy isn't working so well either! LOL Maybe I should have said the thread is making me jealous...
    I do plan on having walks in my future~ and I thank you for the wishes and encouragement!
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thank you Lynn...I know I am
    Thank you Lynn...I know I am brave, I know I am strong and determined, but lately I have been just a bit overwhelmed too and my Ostrich therapy isn't working so well either! LOL Maybe I should have said the thread is making me jealous...
    I do plan on having walks in my future~ and I thank you for the wishes and encouragement!

Weekly walking check-in
    I walked 8.25 miles this week, for my Aunts Jane and Leslie, both strong breast cancer survivors. Jane is 7 years past treatment and doing great; Leslie is Stage IV and fighting hard. I'm proud to say I come from such strong women.

TEAM TOTAL: 118.09 miles

This week, I'm walking with you, dear Chen. NOT "for" you, but WITH you. It's got to be hard to feel your body not be able to walk miles at a time, and compete, and get sweaty and endorphin-y...but I bet you can still come walk with me. Because of my asthma, I walk really slowly, just nice leisurely strolls through a pretty residential neighborhood on my lunch hours.

So I expect to feel you with me at about 11:00 every day this week, Chen! And, if you need to sit and rest a spell, there's an exuberantly crazy lady who cheers me on from her front porch as I walk by -- I'm sure she'd be glad to make room for you!

:-) Traci
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    This week was busy with the
    This week was busy with the first week of school, book club at my house, visiting my new grandbaby and seeing a daughter off to college. I only got in 7 miles.... in honor of my friend, Christmas Girl. Thinking of you too, Chen. xoxoxo Lynn
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    6 miles
    In honor of my high school friend Vicki Solis. She passed last year. She also helped start the Relay for Life in Fernley(sp?) Nevada.

She was amazing through her journey. Never angry, just determined.

Cindy
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    mamolady said:

6 miles
    In honor of my high school friend Vicki Solis. She passed last year. She also helped start the Relay for Life in Fernley(sp?) Nevada.

She was amazing through her journey. Never angry, just determined.

Cindy

7 miles
    I was a slacker this week... Just couldn't get my butt motivated.

I am going to follow Traci's lead and walk with our dear Chen too. My belief is we aren't walking for you Chen, we are walking to release our energy your way. Take that energy and use it in the battle. Just like we are doing with the lighting of the candles, this is more on an energy level for strength.

Lorrie

Team total 138.09
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options

7 miles

I am going to follow Traci's lead and walk with our dear Chen too. My belief is we aren't walking for you Chen, we are walking to release our energy your way. Take that energy and use it in the battle. Just like we are doing with the lighting of the candles, this is more on an energy level for strength.

Lorrie

Team total 138.09

what a great thread!
    You are all an inspiration!

What a great idea!

I;m swimming today, not walking, but would have you all in my thoughts.

Laura
  • chenheart
    Options

7 miles

Lorrie

Team total 138.09

Traci, Lorrie, and ALL of
    Traci, Lorrie, and ALL of the Kindred Spirits walking for and with someone~ I love you! I am never ever gving up~ this is not the end of my walking, just a detour on the road. And...though I didn't calculate my steps, my sister and I WALKED for close to an hour (!!!) at a classic car show held in town on Saturday~ and did window shopping, too! Please tell me that counted! I amazed myself! Perhaps I really just need someone to walk with who doesn't care how slow I am, and doesn't mind that I stop to catch my breath...I felt EMPOWERED!
    Which is what I needed...this afternoon I go in for my 2nd Zometa infusion and the OWIE Faslodex injections. My oncologist has ordered the drip to take an hour rather than half and hour~ we are both hopeful ( I more than he, I am sure!) that slowing the infusion rate will lessen the SE's I experienced last time! I'm all for that!

Keep walking, sisters...you give us encouragement and strength!