Our sister Nicole has passed on (Nkimber)

Options
2»

Comments

• luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    GOD BLESS NICOLE
    Bob, Nicole is one of a few people with whom I communicated with and then had not seen them post for months. I had assumed she was doing fine and just needed a break from the board.

You are right, what a sweet, upbeat, non selfish person she was(is). She always had a kind thought for me, and since we were both into exercise, we traded some tips on how to excersise through some of our side effects.

This REALLY SUCKS. I most enjoyed communicating with her and she seemed quite young and was just starting her journey in life.

I F$#@ING hate cancer!!

Enough of work, I am going home.

Mike
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options
    Sorry
    I am sorry to hear about your friend. I was not familiar with her specificbattlebut it touches me because my husband also has bone mets so we know this particular battle. My heart goes out to her family and she sounds like she put up a brave and courageous battle. I pray for their peace at this sad time.
    I do not seem to find many people here with bone mets and am always curious as to how they are treating theirs. Adventure bob I hope you are doing well with your battle as well.
    Robinleigh
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Photo of Nicole
    I posted a photo of Nicole for those that don't remember, or have never seen what a lovely person she is...;

Nicole Kimber

Prayers,
    John
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Photo of Nicole
    I posted a photo of Nicole for those that don't remember, or have never seen what a lovely person she is...;

Nicole Kimber

Prayers,
    John

She was such a beautiful
    She was such a beautiful young lady. I am so sad to hear of her passing. I tell you I never met her but hearing about her loss has touched my heart in such a sad way. Prayers to her family and friends.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Photo of Nicole

Nicole Kimber

Prayers,
    John

Photo

That is Very thoughtful of you John; She was a very beautiful person all the way through.

She will me missed
    Hondo
  • nwasen
    nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Photo of Nicole

Nicole Kimber

Prayers,
    John

Nicole
    I am sorry I didn't know Nichole but she must have been special. The tributes you post are so touching. I just looked at the photo that John posted; what a beautiful young woman.
    Condolences to her family and friends....
    Nancy aka toughcookie
  • Carolinagal
    Carolinagal Member Posts: 91
    Options
    So sad
    I am so sad to hear this news. Such a beautiful young person. I know she will be missed. Her family will be in my prayers.
  • anniew_0903
    anniew_0903 Member Posts: 13
    Options

So sad
    I am so sad to hear this news. Such a beautiful young person. I know she will be missed. Her family will be in my prayers.

Just so sad
    Very sad to hear, although i usually just lurk i do feel a bond with many of the familiar names, and she was definitely far too young for this! Just awful news.
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    arndog64 said:

She was such a beautiful
    She was such a beautiful young lady. I am so sad to hear of her passing. I tell you I never met her but hearing about her loss has touched my heart in such a sad way. Prayers to her family and friends.

She was beautiful both
    She was beautiful both inside and out. Her posts were always positive. She seemed to be such a lovely woman.

EDIT: I posted a link to a song by John Rutter under the picture that Skiffin posted of Nicole. It's probably my favorite Rutter pieces, that I have sung so many times, and unfortunately have sung at 3 funerals. It always makes me cry when I sing it.
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options

Just so sad
    Very sad to hear, although i usually just lurk i do feel a bond with many of the familiar names, and she was definitely far too young for this! Just awful news.

A punch in the gut.
    And then all the feelings come...sadness, anger, the reminder of the strength of this disease. I went back to NKimber's first post on October 19th 2010. She was 31 years old when diagnosed. I also recall her posts to be amazingly upbeat and positive...and so beautiful. My heart goes out to her family and friends...I don't want to imagine what these days are like for them.
    Strength to all of us who fight on.
    Kim
  • luv4lacrosse
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Photo of Nicole

Nicole Kimber

Prayers,
    John

THANKS JOHN
    Thanks for posting. It made me smile this morning.

Mike
  • luv4lacrosse
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

A punch in the gut.
    And then all the feelings come...sadness, anger, the reminder of the strength of this disease. I went back to NKimber's first post on October 19th 2010. She was 31 years old when diagnosed. I also recall her posts to be amazingly upbeat and positive...and so beautiful. My heart goes out to her family and friends...I don't want to imagine what these days are like for them.
    Strength to all of us who fight on.
    Kim

YOU SAID IT!!
    Right on Kim. We must still find a way to push forward with all of our own lives and survival. A huge kick in the gut. She had her whole life ahead of her.

Take care

Mike
  • kingcole42005
    kingcole42005 Member Posts: 178
    Options
    Damn cancer, I hate you!
    Damn cancer, I hate you! I'm so friggin sad! Poor baby did not deserve to die so young! God I HATE cancer!