Is this real?

Options
13»

Comments

• CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Sending you love
    Kat, I am so sorry you are having to go through this now. Sending you love and prayers for strength. Your youth and resilience will only help you to heal and get better even faster than some of us "more seasoned" ladies. Best wishes for brighter days ahead,
    Sybil
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    fauxma said:

Kat
    I am so sorry that your

Kat
    I am so sorry that your going through this. I think it must be especially difficult when you are so very young. I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well and you are able to do a 15K in the future.
    Stef

I wish I could reach thru
    I wish I could reach thru this screen and hug you Kat. I am very sorry and that doesn't even express my sadness for you.

You will do that 15K, so, focus on your treatment and taking good care of yourself!

Hugs, Angie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Cinkal said:

Sorry to hear about your bad
    Sorry to hear about your bad news. Cancer is so unfair! Diagnosis, surgery, treatments and everything that goes with it can be so overwhelming. I finished chemo in July and am now doing radiation. I was lying down on the radiation table the other day and was overcome with anger. I thought how unfair it was that I have to leave my two grade school children home alone and go to treatments every day. I was angry that we have not done all that we normally do this summer and school is starting soon. It is not fair to them as well.
    I wish you didn't have to go through this at such a young age or any age. You should be enjoying your college years. They were some of the best years of my life.
    You seem to be a strong young lady. You will get through this.
    I have decided to start praying during my radiation treatments. It keeps me from getting angry. I will pray for you and all the pink sisters on here.
    Stay strong and positive!

Kat, please keep posting to
    Kat, please keep posting to update us on how you are feeling. We are all praying for you!

You are young, too young for this, but, you have a whole lifetime ahead of you!

Sue :)
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    CAchick said:

Sending you love
    Kat, I am so sorry you are having to go through this now. Sending you love and prayers for strength. Your youth and resilience will only help you to heal and get better even faster than some of us "more seasoned" ladies. Best wishes for brighter days ahead,
    Sybil

Kat, This is the first time
    Kat, This is the first time I've seen your posts since I was away from the boards for awhile. I am so sorry to hear your news but I sense that you are a fighter, the "never-give-up" kind. You are too young to have all this on your plate when you should be only concerned about college and preparing for the next steps in your life. I don't know why things like this happen, why good people suffer and why the young come down with horrible diseases,etc. All I know is sometimes it does happen and a person gets thru it and comes out on the other side better than before. This is what I hope and wish for you. I know you're already a winner and we'll be here for you anytime you need us. Keeping you in my prayers.
  • cctiz
    cctiz Member Posts: 47
    Options
    cheer up!!
    Kat you are so young, energetic, beautiful and an inspiration to all, keep us posted to reach you and follow your progress - im 100% sure you are going to finish all your treatments and get your life back, you deserve it and we will see you coming out of this tunnel, lots of love and hugs baby
  • iluvmykids
    iluvmykids Member Posts: 49
    Options
    You will be there
    running your 15K, I can see it and hear it in your words. I am so sorry you are faced with another challenge with this beast, but your heart comes through your words and I have faith you will be out the other side clean and clear.

Hang in there, we are all here for you with lots of virtual hugs.

Always in my prayers.

Eileen
  • Angie2U
    Options

I'm so sorry for your news.
    I'm so sorry for your news. Cancer sucks but when it hits the very young it just seems so much more unfair. You are a vibrant young lady and I know you will deal with this. I just wish you didn't have to. I bet you will make one heck of a nurse. Take car Kat and keep us posted. God Bless you Kay

I'm surrounding you with
    I'm surrounding you with support and prayers like the other sisters!

Take care and keep us updated,

Angie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    poplolly said:

It may not seem like it now,
    It may not seem like it now, but you will have better times ahead. I'm so sorry about the dx and the coming surgery. Get mad, vent, and resolve to continue the fight!!

hugs

JUdy

I am putting you on our
    I am putting you on our prayer list at church! The pink sisters here and so many others will be praying for you.

Sue :)
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

No, Ayse
    I think we need to invent a new term for Kat....in her case, I don't think she'll be dancing with NED, instead she'll be RUNNING with NED!

NED had better get himself a personal trainer and start training now, so he'll be able to keep up with you, dear Kat!

Traci

Kat, you have already been
    Kat, you have already been going thru so much and now to have this happen. Please know that I will be praying for you and always here for you.

HUGS!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Speechless
    Kat,
    I am new to the CSN and read your post. I am left speechless and don't even know what to say. "Everything happens for a reason" or "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" are true, but sound so cliche right now. Expletives are coming to mind too but they would not be nice to post.

Please stay strong and know that I will be praying for you along with all other pink sisters.

Sincerely,

Lori

I am joining the other
    I am joining the other sisters in praying for you Kat! The pink bus will be loaded with us tomorrow to support you.

Hugs, Diane
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    poplolly said:

It may not seem like it now,
    It may not seem like it now, but you will have better times ahead. I'm so sorry about the dx and the coming surgery. Get mad, vent, and resolve to continue the fight!!

hugs

JUdy

To the beautiful Kat, good
    To the beautiful Kat, good luck hon!

Praying!
  • Vigee
    Vigee Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Dear Kat
    Oh, Kat.

I am SO SORRY.
    I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
    I have thought about you often since I first read this.
    I know that you must be feeling a little like I do; "I am so healthy, in shape, young...why is this happening to me?".
    All I can say is, I don't know! :(

Be kind to yourself. Let yourself be blue.

Read all of Kris Carr's books. They always seem to cheer me up and give me strength...even make me laugh.

Vent here often,

Sending you <3 and lots and lots of hugs,
    V
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Kat
    you go right ahead and vent all you want! I can't get over what you've been through at such a young age. Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers and I hope all goes well.
    {{{{HUGS}}}} Char
  • Angie2U
    Options

OMG
    I'm so sorry. Reading your post just brought tears to my eyes. You are just two years older than my oldest granddaughter. You should be going to college, dating, running a 15K, 25K, however many K's you want to run.

I wish there was something I could say that would make this horrible disease disappear for everyone, but especially for someone as young as you. In the scheme of life not being fair, this really sucks.

Your previous posts have shown you to be a strong, intelligent young woman, and I know you'll beat this and go on and have a wonderful happy life, but d*mn, this really sucks.

You're in my prayers and angels are surrounding you to get you through this.

marge

I've been praying for you
    I've been praying for you all day!

Big hugs,

Angie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    cctiz said:

cheer up!!
    Kat you are so young, energetic, beautiful and an inspiration to all, keep us posted to reach you and follow your progress - im 100% sure you are going to finish all your treatments and get your life back, you deserve it and we will see you coming out of this tunnel, lots of love and hugs baby

Praying that yesterday went
    Praying that yesterday went well for you Kat.

Hugs, Lex