much to give, I am so sad that you have to be here. I believe in you and
    your amazing spirit and I will continue to look for your updates and hope
    along with you for the day you will meet Ned and take his breath away
    with your beautiful dance!

I am giving you a HUUUUGE big hug!

Love,
    Ayse

No, Ayse
    I think we need to invent a new term for Kat....in her case, I don't think she'll be dancing with NED, instead she'll be RUNNING with NED!

NED had better get himself a personal trainer and start training now, so he'll be able to keep up with you, dear Kat!

Traci
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Oh my goodness dear, you
    Oh my goodness dear, you have endured so much!! My daughter is 22 and I can't imagine her having to go through what you're going through at this age :( You are such a strong young lady and I admire your drive to keep on "running". As I was reading your post I just wanted to give you a giant hug as well. I'm so sorry you are going through this and you have every right to vent, and please, vent all you like. You are in my prayers and stay strong young warrior, you can do this. Hugs
    Kari
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness dear, you
    Oh my goodness dear, you have endured so much!! My daughter is 22 and I can't imagine her having to go through what you're going through at this age :( You are such a strong young lady and I admire your drive to keep on "running". As I was reading your post I just wanted to give you a giant hug as well. I'm so sorry you are going through this and you have every right to vent, and please, vent all you like. You are in my prayers and stay strong young warrior, you can do this. Hugs
    Kari

You're right, it's not fair!
    Especially for someone as young as you are. Vent all you want! I can't imagine going through what you have at your age. We will all be praying for sucessful surgery and good news from here on out! We're here for you. Just remember to fight like a girl!!!!!
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Especially for someone as young as you are. Vent all you want! I can't imagine going through what you have at your age. We will all be praying for sucessful surgery and good news from here on out! We're here for you. Just remember to fight like a girl!!!!!

You’re a Strong , Brave Woman,,,,,
    I have to say Kat you're SOOOO Inspiring ...Going through what you are going through at 20 is more than alot of us can imagine... I will pray for you and there is no way this disease will win... you are young, beautiful and have to much fight in you...May God Bless you and keep on running.. thinking of you
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

This should NOT be on your "To Do" list!
    I was so shocked and sad to see your news--for a moment. And then I thought, "Wait a minute, this really stinks, but this girl is a fighter. She is a determined, strong, brave girl and she will get this done, rehab, and merrily lead the pack in a future race!"

All my positive energy is coming your way today, dear Kat. Come here, vent, tell us what's going on and fight, fight, fight like the strong, capable young woman you are.

You can do this--look at how hard you've fought so far. Giving up is not an option!

Take good care.

Warm, warm hugs, Renee
  • tambra26
    tambra26 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    missrenee said:

This should NOT be on your "To Do" list!
    I was so shocked and sad to see your news--for a moment. And then I thought, "Wait a minute, this really stinks, but this girl is a fighter. She is a determined, strong, brave girl and she will get this done, rehab, and merrily lead the pack in a future race!"

All my positive energy is coming your way today, dear Kat. Come here, vent, tell us what's going on and fight, fight, fight like the strong, capable young woman you are.

You can do this--look at how hard you've fought so far. Giving up is not an option!

Take good care.

Warm, warm hugs, Renee

Never Give Up
    I cannot even begin to imagine how you must feel.
    I know when I first went to have my biopsy, I was sure I would go, get the biopsy and then complain because we have no insurance and I'd be upset because we would have paid all that money for it for nothing. Even my husband was telling me that was how it would go...
    Imagine my surprise when it wasn't that way....
    That little C word totally knocked me off my feet for a little bit.

You really should not have to be going through what you are facing. It absolutely is NOT fair. I have never understood why things like this happen to young people...I think when I am face to face with God, that would be my first question. Why?
    I have a daughter your age and I know that it would devestate her and me if she had to face a challenge like that.

Keep thinking that..its a challenge. Keep the faith, and the hope. NEVER give up.
    You have to keep your eyes on your goal. I am sure that is easier for me to say than for you to do.
    I will be praying for you and hoping that you will be back on that track!
    Prayers, hugs and love to you.
    Tambra
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Don't stop venting!
    Kat, you have really dealt with far more than anyone your age should ever have to encounter. Life really isn't fair sometimes. My hope for you is that you can power through this and that it is the last obstacle you have to endure until you are NED. Sometimes being positive just isn't in the cards. You need to feel bad, sad, angry, frustrated, etc...

Just out of curiosity have you gotten a second opinion? I was thinking that because your cancer was exceedingly rare, perhaps going to one of the big cancer hospitals (if you aren't already) for a second opinion would be a good idea. The three that I can think of now are Sloan Kettering (NYC), the Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN) and MD Anderson (Houston, TX), but there are other great hospitals in other areas of the country. Anyway, I am just thinking out loud.

What I really want to say is that I can see that you are a very strong, vivacious young lady and that while this is simply awful for you to have to deal with, I feel certain that you can and will get through it. Vent all you like, it will help but try to stay strong.

Best,
    Clementine
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable
    I read your post and tears began running down my face. How can this sort of thing be happening to such a young and vibrant person? I really cannot add anything to what the ladies who posted before me have said. May your family and the sorority sisters you have mentioned before give you strength in this next part of the battle. Much love . . .

IRENE
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I am floored and speechless!

I am floored and speechless! You are so young and beautiful it is hard to believe what you are going through, particularly as the mother of a 12 year girl.

The 'positive' attitude is great however we also need to be real about how we feel and be kind to ourselves. What you are going through shocks me, I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling.

THe best I can do is keep you in thoughts, heart and prayers. much love to you. Mariam
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sweet Kat.
    I had to think long before I could post anything. As you know, we are all very sorry about what you’re going through. Everyone has said a lot of powerful words to you. I am sure you have a great support at home as well – I remember your dad is a Dr., right? I just want to add that I will be praying for you not to lose faith and to always stay positive. I pray that you believe you can overcome this too. I am not sure- and no one knows- why things happen to us sometimes. As another sister mentioned above, “everything happens for a reason”. I like to call it “a plan”. A good plan that will eventually make you stronger, specially spiritually.

We can say many things and we know we are not in your shoes, but we have all been faced with challenges in life. Although I am sorry you got this challenge, I believe you can do this because you have already proven yourself not only to us, friends and families, but to YOURSELF. And only you know how you really feel and how much you’re capable of doing, but most importantly, you have to stay positive and think positive so that the energy comes within you. God is watching you. May he protect you and help you through this challenge.

You’re in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    skipper54 said:

I can't imagine being as
    I can't imagine being as young as you are and having this happen.

I will be praying for you!

Hugs, Megan
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    So Sorry
    I can't imagine all that you have gone through and are continuing to deal with. Please know that we are all rooting for you and believe that you will come through this with flying colors.

Hang in there,

Jennifer
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Kat... my heart is heavy for
    Kat... my heart is heavy for you. I am so sorry to hear you have gone through so much at 20 and yet continue to battle. This doesn't make any sense. You are right, you are at a point in your life where you should be enjoying life with all that it has to offer, but instead you are on a detour of sorts and undergoing such grueling physical, mental, and emotional hardships.

It makes no sense. I don't have any answers for you, but I do know that we are here for you and will continue to lift you up in prayer. You are not alone and we will stand firmly by your side. God is with you and, most importantly, He will not abandon you in your time of need.

Stay strong, keep focused, and FIGHT!

Hugs to you dear one.
    Ines
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    OMG
    I'm so sorry. Reading your post just brought tears to my eyes. You are just two years older than my oldest granddaughter. You should be going to college, dating, running a 15K, 25K, however many K's you want to run.

I wish there was something I could say that would make this horrible disease disappear for everyone, but especially for someone as young as you. In the scheme of life not being fair, this really sucks.

Your previous posts have shown you to be a strong, intelligent young woman, and I know you'll beat this and go on and have a wonderful happy life, but d*mn, this really sucks.

You're in my prayers and angels are surrounding you to get you through this.

marge
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options

OMG
    I'm so sorry. Reading your post just brought tears to my eyes. You are just two years older than my oldest granddaughter. You should be going to college, dating, running a 15K, 25K, however many K's you want to run.

I wish there was something I could say that would make this horrible disease disappear for everyone, but especially for someone as young as you. In the scheme of life not being fair, this really sucks.

Your previous posts have shown you to be a strong, intelligent young woman, and I know you'll beat this and go on and have a wonderful happy life, but d*mn, this really sucks.

You're in my prayers and angels are surrounding you to get you through this.

marge

I'm so sorry
    I'm so sorry - am at a loss of words. My heart just breaks for you. Life just seems so unfair sometimes. I can't imagine going through what you are at your age. I have to say, I admire your strength and will power. Just wanted to let you know you are in my prayers and thoughts.

We are all here with lots of love and support!

Lots of love,
    Debi
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Wow, I am stunned. Clearly
    Wow, I am stunned. Clearly Kat, you have touched many hearts here, including mine. That is because of your strength, grace, enthusiasm, and your positive attitude. It is also clear that you are going to continue to fight this nasty beast with everything you've got.

You come back anytime to vent, or whatever. Please let us know when you will be having surgery so we can send all our positive energy, prayers, and thoughts to you.

Hugs,

Linda
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    Options
    Kat, I was wondering how you
    Kat, I was wondering how you were doing. I'm don't even know what to say to you after reading this. I can't imagine what is going through your mind right now. I can only hope and pray that this too will pass and you will walk away from this stronger than before. I am sending lots of hugs your way. Please try to stay positive and know we are all here praying for you~

Angela
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your news.
    I'm so sorry for your news. Cancer sucks but when it hits the very young it just seems so much more unfair. You are a vibrant young lady and I know you will deal with this. I just wish you didn't have to. I bet you will make one heck of a nurse. Take car Kat and keep us posted. God Bless you Kay
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your bad
    Sorry to hear about your bad news. Cancer is so unfair! Diagnosis, surgery, treatments and everything that goes with it can be so overwhelming. I finished chemo in July and am now doing radiation. I was lying down on the radiation table the other day and was overcome with anger. I thought how unfair it was that I have to leave my two grade school children home alone and go to treatments every day. I was angry that we have not done all that we normally do this summer and school is starting soon. It is not fair to them as well.
    I wish you didn't have to go through this at such a young age or any age. You should be enjoying your college years. They were some of the best years of my life.
    You seem to be a strong young lady. You will get through this.
    I have decided to start praying during my radiation treatments. It keeps me from getting angry. I will pray for you and all the pink sisters on here.
    Stay strong and positive!
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    Options
    Cinkal said:

Sorry to hear about your bad
    Sorry to hear about your bad news. Cancer is so unfair! Diagnosis, surgery, treatments and everything that goes with it can be so overwhelming. I finished chemo in July and am now doing radiation. I was lying down on the radiation table the other day and was overcome with anger. I thought how unfair it was that I have to leave my two grade school children home alone and go to treatments every day. I was angry that we have not done all that we normally do this summer and school is starting soon. It is not fair to them as well.
    I wish you didn't have to go through this at such a young age or any age. You should be enjoying your college years. They were some of the best years of my life.
    You seem to be a strong young lady. You will get through this.
    I have decided to start praying during my radiation treatments. It keeps me from getting angry. I will pray for you and all the pink sisters on here.
    Stay strong and positive!

Dear, dear Kat - I look at
    Dear, dear Kat - I look at your picture and I see a beautiful,
    vibrant & glowing young woman and I believe you will continue
    being that woman. Your intelligence,aspirations and spirit
    will serve you well as you once again fight this beast. I am
    sad because you don't deserve this and you have certainly
    already paid your dues; but it has raised its ugly head and
    challenges you again. You will rise to the task. Now, I wish
    I could lay your lovely face against my reconstructed breasts
    and hug you tight and pray with you; but please know I am
    praying for you and will continue to do so. Please keep us posted
    as you are able with your tx path and progress. You know we all
    are pulling for you and will be sending good thought, support
    and love your way. May God bless you on this walk.

Teresa