Counts too low, no chemo :(

13»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    camul said:

Hi Kari
    I don't know if this helps, but when we had to hold off on the chemo for a week due to low counts, I was told that chemo keeps working for 2 weeks. I too was worried that by not having chemo for a week, my body was ripe again for the tumors to grow. This now makes sense as I have to wait 2 weeks from my last chemo (last Wednesday) to have pet, MRI on the brain, and bone scans, Aug 17th and 18th, to see if this chemo is working.

Hope this helps to relieve your worries, and if you have to wait a week, that should give your body a chance to come up naturally. I was told colorful vegetables, salmon and red meat could help!

Praying right along with you that your counts come up.

Carol

Kari, I haven't heard
    Kari, I haven't heard anything lately about you and hope to see a post from you soon!

Hugs, Diane
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I hope your counts come up
    I hope your counts come up fast. Your in my prayers.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    CAchick said:

Cyber hug
    Sending you a cyber hug Kari! So sorry you are having so many difficulties. Rest, and take the good advice above...We are all pulling for you!
    Sybil

Praying that you will be
    Praying that you will be posting that your counts went up and that you are doing well on chemo with no side effects!

Your pink sisters all love you Kari!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

I hope your counts come up
    I hope your counts come up fast. Your in my prayers.

Kari, have you started
    Kari, have you started chemo?

Hugs, Debby
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    laurissa said:

Hi Kari
    My wbc were critically low but was given the gemzar anyway on Monday and also that darn neulasta shot tuesday. Been vomiting again last night. Going in this morning for ultrasound of liver ducts. My stomach feels so sour and burpy, can't eat or drink before test. Been drinking ensures. Have you lost weight. I've lost 25 lbs. I hope you're feeling better this morning. I'm also triple neg. Strangely back in sept 09 I was told I was triple positive. Now I'm waiting for the hammers to start on my legs from the shot. That starts about 36 hrs later, so 1 a.m. tonight. Prayers to you.

What a bummer Kari...this
    What a bummer Kari...this stuff just sux no matter how you look at it but keeping positive and having that sence of humor of yours has gotta help!
    I dont know what tips to give you that someone hasnt already suggested except dont loose your humor.
    Your always in my thoughts and prayers Kari!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    jo jo said:

What a bummer Kari...this
    What a bummer Kari...this stuff just sux no matter how you look at it but keeping positive and having that sence of humor of yours has gotta help!
    I dont know what tips to give you that someone hasnt already suggested except dont loose your humor.
    Your always in my thoughts and prayers Kari!

Kari, you are an inspiration
    Kari, you are an inspiration to so many pink sisters. Your positive attitude, your humor and your beautiful face are always so welcomed here.

You will start chemo soon, I just know it and it will be your answer!

Prayers,

Sue :)
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Kari
    Can you take vitiams? If not how about just zinc? Also Have you tried Ensure for immunity? They have different types to choose from. I may start taking that.
    Good luck, I hope your counts go up sooon!
    Hugs,
    Annette
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232

Kari
    Can you take vitiams? If not how about just zinc? Also Have you tried Ensure for immunity? They have different types to choose from. I may start taking that.
    Hugs,
    Annette

I am so sorry, Kari. The
    I am so sorry, Kari. The food thing is the best way to bring counts up. I know it's a pain and seems like a lot of overwhelming work, but take it one thing at a time. The Noni juice is also a great idea. Please know you are in my prayers along with all the other prayers. That's a lot of power.

Many Hugs,
    Pam
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Kari
    Hugs,
    Annette

A lot of good advice from
    A lot of good advice from the pink sisters in how to bring your count up Kari. I hope you try them and they work.

Hugs, Lex
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    missrenee said:

Sending you positive energy
    and many prayers for those counts to swing back up so you can get the chemo you need. Hang in there, stay strong, positive and determined.

Many hugs, Renee

I will pray that your counts
    I will pray that your counts come up Kari so you can start chemo.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Alexis F said:

A lot of good advice from
    A lot of good advice from the pink sisters in how to bring your count up Kari. I hope you try them and they work.

Hugs, Lex

I dont have advice I am just
    I dont have advice I am just thinking of you and hope your counts are going up up up!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    carkris said:

I dont have advice I am just
    I dont have advice I am just thinking of you and hope your counts are going up up up!

Would love to see an update Kari!
    Joining the other sisters in the hope that your count went up and you started your chemo.

Hugs,

Kylez