Counts too low, no chemo :(

Options

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    MAJW said:

Kari..
    This sucks.....I understand, completely, your frustration of not having chemo in your body...I've gone 26 days until I started the Xeloda this morning...I feel like those freaken cancer cells are in my body, having a party....have you discussed having the Nuelasta shot...some chemo doesn't require it as we know.....as some do not drop counts like others...

When you feel up to it, keep us posted...we care..
    Hugs, Nancy

protein, fruits and vegetables and rest
    Kari,
    Sorry for the low counts and understand that you are very concerned. I do not know if you can eat normally since you have been on Chemo. Protein, fruits and vegetables can help. If you cannot eat Insure is a good source too. Good night sleep and rest. Hopefully your count will be back to normal next Monday. You have been through a lot of treatment and your body needs to recover.
    Sending positive thoughts and hugs
    New Flower
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Hi Kari
    I don't know if this helps, but when we had to hold off on the chemo for a week due to low counts, I was told that chemo keeps working for 2 weeks. I too was worried that by not having chemo for a week, my body was ripe again for the tumors to grow. This now makes sense as I have to wait 2 weeks from my last chemo (last Wednesday) to have pet, MRI on the brain, and bone scans, Aug 17th and 18th, to see if this chemo is working.

Hope this helps to relieve your worries, and if you have to wait a week, that should give your body a chance to come up naturally. I was told colorful vegetables, salmon and red meat could help!

Praying right along with you that your counts come up.

Carol
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Kari - just to let you know
    I too am adding my positive thought and vibes to the many
    that are coming your way. I wish I could do more...

Love and hugs,
    Ayse
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Kari
    My wbc were critically low but was given the gemzar anyway on Monday and also that darn neulasta shot tuesday. Been vomiting again last night. Going in this morning for ultrasound of liver ducts. My stomach feels so sour and burpy, can't eat or drink before test. Been drinking ensures. Have you lost weight. I've lost 25 lbs. I hope you're feeling better this morning. I'm also triple neg. Strangely back in sept 09 I was told I was triple positive. Now I'm waiting for the hammers to start on my legs from the shot. That starts about 36 hrs later, so 1 a.m. tonight. Prayers to you.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Kari ..
    Hopes for Strength, Courage and health for you during this latest road block. Continued prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

What helped me thru some WBC low's .. cream of wheat, and almonds -- quick build up of iron.

Hoping you find some edible to get your counts uppppp!

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam

Hoping and praying your
    Hoping and praying your counts come up soon.

Lots of hugs,

Diane
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Kari
    My wbc were critically low but was given the gemzar anyway on Monday and also that darn neulasta shot tuesday. Been vomiting again last night. Going in this morning for ultrasound of liver ducts. My stomach feels so sour and burpy, can't eat or drink before test. Been drinking ensures. Have you lost weight. I've lost 25 lbs. I hope you're feeling better this morning. I'm also triple neg. Strangely back in sept 09 I was told I was triple positive. Now I'm waiting for the hammers to start on my legs from the shot. That starts about 36 hrs later, so 1 a.m. tonight. Prayers to you.

Oh Laurissa, I am so sorry.
    Oh Laurissa, I am so sorry. Good luck today and sending prayers to you for your ultrasound.

Both you and Kari are in my prayers!

Hugs, Megan
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Sending more
    Sending more prayers, good thoughts and hugs to you Kari.

Debi
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Praying that your counts get
    Praying that your counts get higher soon. Good luck!
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Kari
    Oh Kari, I'm so sorry to hear about this setback. I"m praying that the counts come up soon so you can continue your chemo. Hugs and prayers! Linda
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    debi.18 said:

Sending more
    Sending more prayers, good thoughts and hugs to you Kari.

Debi

Praying that you will be
    Praying that you will be able to start your chemo soon. Hugs to you Kari!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Kari
    sorry to hear your counts are too low for chemo. Bummer! Keep the faith, strength and courage to get through this journey. Know that we're all here for you :D
    {{hugs}} Char
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Kari
    sorry to hear your counts are too low for chemo. Bummer! Keep the faith, strength and courage to get through this journey. Know that we're all here for you :D
    {{hugs}} Char

Kari....sending
    Positive thoughts and prayers your way!
    I too am triple negative, and know how much that you count on Chemo, I hope your WBC comes up quickly, I have a question, what is Xeloda?
    Have you asked about Neulasta shot?
    Eat well and get PLENTY of rest dear sister.
    We also share the same name...Karie
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Oh Kari - you are sooo in my
    Oh Kari - you are sooo in my prayers. Know that we are all pulling for you.

Pam
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    linpsu said:

Kari
    Oh Kari, I'm so sorry to hear about this setback. I"m praying that the counts come up soon so you can continue your chemo. Hugs and prayers! Linda

You're always in my prayers
    You're always in my prayers Kari!
  • Excited_about_life
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Pam

Sending Prayers for you Kari
    That happened to me one time during chemo. I was SO disappointed, but it turned out ok. In the big picture, you will simply/hopefully only be a week behind. I took some B-12 under my tounge that week while I was waiting for my counts to go up and it seemed to really help those numbers. I also checked out a book at the library called 100 ways to boost your immune system. Believe it or not, socializing was on the list! Yey!! So, pick up the phone and call a girlfriend and have a good ol' belly laugh about something funny you two did together. Another thing is to keep your make up clean if you wear it. Bacteria can build up on the tips and in containers, etc. like in a petree dish! Take that "Look good Feel good" class and learn more about it if you haven't already. No sense in our bodies fighting infections (using up valuable WBC) when there are things we can do to prevent the bacteria build up in the first place. I became a big fan of hydrogen peroxide needless to say. :) Hang in there and be smart. Sending prayers your way Kari.
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Cyber hug
    Sending you a cyber hug Kari! So sorry you are having so many difficulties. Rest, and take the good advice above...We are all pulling for you!
    Sybil
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    weazer said:

Kari....sending
    Positive thoughts and prayers your way!
    I too am triple negative, and know how much that you count on Chemo, I hope your WBC comes up quickly, I have a question, what is Xeloda?
    Have you asked about Neulasta shot?
    Eat well and get PLENTY of rest dear sister.
    We also share the same name...Karie

Are your counts up any Kari?
    Are your counts up any Kari?

Praying, Angie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Pam

Prayers and hugs!
    We sure would love to hear something from you Kari!

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    missrenee said:

Sending you positive energy
    and many prayers for those counts to swing back up so you can get the chemo you need. Hang in there, stay strong, positive and determined.

Many hugs, Renee

Still praying that your
    Still praying that your counts will go up or already have and you started your treatment.

Big hugs, Angie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Hi Sweetie.
    Ok, first I am sorry you are stressing an additional thing now. Please know, this too has a solution. There are things you can eat and I mean really eat them fresh that will help you with your counts.

Please purchase this book as well: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/imageviewer.asp?ean=9781587613449&imId=

For juices (AMAZING BOOK): http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Juices-Natural-Vitality/dp/1844837998

Please read this: http://www.livestrong.com/article/17407-increase-white-blood-cells/

And this for RBC: http://www.livestrong.com/article/349946-foods-to-eat-to-increase-red-blood-cells/

Please try eating this everyday: bright color veggies such as Kale, red and green peppers (not cooked, but wash them very well), guava, broccoli, beets, red beans, lentils, carrots, fresh oranges.

Are you getting noulasta? Sorry if you mentioned on other posts before and I missed it.

I will pray for you. Stay positive no matter what.

Hope you are feeling ok
    Hope you are feeling ok Kari. Worried about you

Hugs, Lex