Options
13»

Comments

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Stutter
    And it makes you stutter also....leats in postings, LOL...just teasing, the site gets slow sometimes and its hard to fight that urge to not hit the post button again.

OK, where in Ohio, and where in Florida....?

JG

Middletown and Daytona
    I was born in Middletown which is between Cincinati and Dayton then parents moved to Daytona Beach where I lived for 30 years. I am now in Deltona.

And the stuttering has to do with my impatience for sure but most of the time everything I have typed disappears and I have to start over so I get in a hurry to get it posted. Maybe I should learn to type faster.

Debbie
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    jim and i said:

Middletown and Daytona
    I was born in Middletown which is between Cincinati and Dayton then parents moved to Daytona Beach where I lived for 30 years. I am now in Deltona.

And the stuttering has to do with my impatience for sure but most of the time everything I have typed disappears and I have to start over so I get in a hurry to get it posted. Maybe I should learn to type faster.

Debbie

Copy & Paste
    I hear you, I have numerous times typed out a big long reply only to have it disappear... I've started copying my reply before I send it, then I can just paste it into notepad if the original is lost....

Born in Mansfield, raised in Mount Vernon, and lived in Lakeland, Florida now for 25 years....

Best,
    John
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    RayTodd said:

coke pop soda lemonade or cool drink
    Growing up in Belfast in the dinasore days we called it all lemonade whether it was cola, creaming soda,orange , or lemon. Here in Australia we call it cool drink.

PS radio starts next Wed

Hi Ray
    Come to think about it that is just what it is a cool drink, wishing you the best next Wednesday.

Hondo
  • nwasen
    nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Coke
    I grew up drinking Pepsi but changed to Coke a few years before my cancer. I drink maybe a small glass (Coke) a week. Most times it almost burns so I dump it but once in a while it tastes darn good.
    Skiffin you said you were raised in Mansfield? I live in Ashland but spent my teen years (60
    s) going to the Inferno, Ski Lodge, Boat House etc. In fact in the late 90's I put on a benefit concert for 7 years that benefitted Hospice of NC Ohio.....will be curious to see if you remember those places...maybe we are too far apart in age..
    back to Coke..they do have bottles at the grocery store here, the little ones but they are pretty dang expensive so I let them sit. LOL
    Peace
    Nancy aka toughcookie
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    nwasen said:

Coke
    I grew up drinking Pepsi but changed to Coke a few years before my cancer. I drink maybe a small glass (Coke) a week. Most times it almost burns so I dump it but once in a while it tastes darn good.
    Skiffin you said you were raised in Mansfield? I live in Ashland but spent my teen years (60
    s) going to the Inferno, Ski Lodge, Boat House etc. In fact in the late 90's I put on a benefit concert for 7 years that benefitted Hospice of NC Ohio.....will be curious to see if you remember those places...maybe we are too far apart in age..
    back to Coke..they do have bottles at the grocery store here, the little ones but they are pretty dang expensive so I let them sit. LOL
    Peace
    Nancy aka toughcookie

Mansfield
    I was born in Mansfield, I grew up in Mount Vernon, and more than likely it was close to the same time frame....

My sisters (half sisters), whom I just met last year all grew up in Mansfield and still live there. I visited them for the first time actually this past October.

I was born in 1954, I do remember the Inferno, though I don't think I was ever there.

How about names and places like, Mohican State Park, Pleasant Hill... As for hangouts mine were in Mount Vernon, The Keg, The Office, The Three Gables...LOL... early 70's just before the USMC.

Best,
    John