ROLL CALL 2011 CLOSED. REPORT BACK IN 2012 LISTING

Options

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    SASH said:

I'm here
    Just had my semi-annual check with Rad Onc and all is good.

Sweet...
    Dang SASH...you been missing awhile.... Glad the check-up went well.

Best,
    John
  • HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Sweet...
    Dang SASH...you been missing awhile.... Glad the check-up went well.

Best,
    John

Ten more checked back in
    Thank you for checking back in. Your name has been removed from this roster and placed back on the active rolls. Only those who have not checked back in year 2011 are on this roster.
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Here in Georgia
    Hi:

Jan (Basketcase) Right here in hot lanta! (and is it ever hot)! Actually in Gwinnett County, outside of Atlanta.

Jan (Basketcase)
  • pascotty
    pascotty Member Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Here in Georgia
    Hi:

Jan (Basketcase) Right here in hot lanta! (and is it ever hot)! Actually in Gwinnett County, outside of Atlanta.

Jan (Basketcase)

Still here and checking in
    Hi dx nov 09 scc right tonsil one lymph node. 34 rads 3 cisplatin. Doing really well mind body and soul xxxx
  • Fire34
    Fire34 Member Posts: 365
    Options
    pascotty said:

Still here and checking in
    Hi dx nov 09 scc right tonsil one lymph node. 34 rads 3 cisplatin. Doing really well mind body and soul xxxx

Still Here Also -:)
    Still here 20 months out now, all is well as far as the new normal goes. Unfortunately gained all the weight back. Some swallowing issues but studies have come back fine
    Wishes & Prayers
    Dave
  • backachedp
    backachedp Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Minnesota Backachedp here..
    Have been lurking a bit....but Bob is up to 6/7 hours of work per day now which is very good news! The bad news is he is eating everything thru the blender...he say's it is because of all the teeth they extracted and are still healing SLOWLY...but I think he just can't or is afraid of choking....he has been to the Dr's and they all say he is doing fine he was just scoped a month ago and said ENT said all is good he just needs to get his teeth...I really kinda worry because I have an upper full Denture and prefer o eat without it in...I can't chew some thing's but do not need a blender...he is still very thin, but that is ok he is getting his calories. I bought something called Argon Oil for his face and neck as I heard it helps with dryness and wrinkles and I even use it and it works better than the expensive creams I have bought. Bob's face and neck really took a toll from his treatment's. I just worry as May 23 2010 is offically when he was Cancer Free he looked healthier in pictures before we even knew he was NED...he is still tired when he get's home from work, but everyone is different...he is working and still does alot around the house, but like I said he tires easily. We are lucky our youngest son is still here to help Bob with things he cannot do. He did get a new Bush trimmer and called me at work as I am Disabled and work 12 hours a week at a Funeral Home/Cemetery he said boy Deb I just wanted you to know I went a bit crazy with my new Toy...he took down allthe bushes on one side of the house...LOL...he said I'll have to wait for Kyle to get home to help me move it all...so besides the swallowing problems and teeth he is doing quite well. Blesss you all here...postitve vibes form us to all of you.
  • dogsrule
    dogsrule Member Posts: 96
    Options

Minnesota Backachedp here..
    Have been lurking a bit....but Bob is up to 6/7 hours of work per day now which is very good news! The bad news is he is eating everything thru the blender...he say's it is because of all the teeth they extracted and are still healing SLOWLY...but I think he just can't or is afraid of choking....he has been to the Dr's and they all say he is doing fine he was just scoped a month ago and said ENT said all is good he just needs to get his teeth...I really kinda worry because I have an upper full Denture and prefer o eat without it in...I can't chew some thing's but do not need a blender...he is still very thin, but that is ok he is getting his calories. I bought something called Argon Oil for his face and neck as I heard it helps with dryness and wrinkles and I even use it and it works better than the expensive creams I have bought. Bob's face and neck really took a toll from his treatment's. I just worry as May 23 2010 is offically when he was Cancer Free he looked healthier in pictures before we even knew he was NED...he is still tired when he get's home from work, but everyone is different...he is working and still does alot around the house, but like I said he tires easily. We are lucky our youngest son is still here to help Bob with things he cannot do. He did get a new Bush trimmer and called me at work as I am Disabled and work 12 hours a week at a Funeral Home/Cemetery he said boy Deb I just wanted you to know I went a bit crazy with my new Toy...he took down allthe bushes on one side of the house...LOL...he said I'll have to wait for Kyle to get home to help me move it all...so besides the swallowing problems and teeth he is doing quite well. Blesss you all here...postitve vibes form us to all of you.

So Far, So Good
    I am doing well. Had a clean CAT scan about 6 mos ago. Insurance would not approve another PET, said no for observation purposes. Scooped at the ENT last week. Looks good. Have an appointment with the Onco next week, I go every 3 Mos. Energy level is good. LeHermites is almost gone. Still feel it after long walks with dog. I haven't posted in a while but I still come on to check on how everyone is doing. God Bless.
  • rmdgy
    rmdgy Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Doing well
    RMDGY is doing well down in Georgia. Oh sure, there are little things here and there that are annoying some times, but it could be a lot worse. I had my two year scan a couple of months ago and everything was clear. I go back on 12/30 for my next CT/PET. Best regards to all of the others on the H&N discussion board.
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Still in Action
    I chat with these members somewhat regularly, but they don't come on here much any longer. Although IrishGypsie - Charles does on occasion;

Finz2lift, North Carolina, DX SCC base of tongue, enrolled on 07-11-2010,

Irishgypsie, Rochester, New York, DX SCC right tonsil, enrolled on 07-11-2010.

J3rey, Florida, SCC left lymph node April 2010, enrolled July 26, 2010.

Scambuster, Hong Kong/China, SCC left tongue in August 2009, enrolled July 22, 2010

I know it's not the same as them checking in, but just sayin...

JG
  • Bigfuzzydoug
    Bigfuzzydoug Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Well that's quite rude of me!
    I last posted on July 6th... Three and a half months ago?! Man I suck!!!

I'm alive and doing OK by some of your standards and GREAT by some of your standards:

The GREAT:
    * I'm still in remission, NED and so far so good.
    * I'm able to eat and drink most anything (not spicy foods or heavily carbonated beverages, but that's ok.)
    * I can talk although I have no high range in my voice. No big deal.
    * I am getting stronger.
    * The chiropractor got rid of all of the L'Hermittes and most of the thickened, fibrotic neck tissue. I have full range of motion in my neck. Cool!
    * I'm finishing a book about my ordeal that should be quite a fun read!

The OK:
    * After months of experimentation, they finally found a Synthroid dosage that worked but then I had to have what was left of my thyroid surgically removed anyway.
    * I had some other hormonal problems (not making endorphins) but eventually we found that some Citalopram fills the void. So my "happy pills" are keeping me sane. "Anorgasmic" is an interesting side-effect. Look it up. Just downright frickin' weird! (And frustrating.)
    * They fired me at work in August for basically no reason (it was political) and that sucked. But luckily I quickly found a contract role with a bank to keep food on the table.
    * My wife's auto-immunes got worse, but we're dealing with it as best we can.

Been a CRAZY past 16 months! We're ready for some good fortune to come our way.

But I'm still here! Still big and fuzzy! And still kickin'!
  • longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    another sighting
    noticed that fisrpotpe posted earlier.
  • pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Oh My!
    There are so many names I recognize and have interacted with over the years. Thanks for those who checked in, and hopefully more will give us a status update.
    Thanks for the post HAWVET. I can only pray that more will check in, but meanwhile, you are all in my prayers!
    Healing in Christ, Patty
  • rmdgy
    rmdgy Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Roll call
    Rmdgy, Georgia, SCC right tonsil in 2009, enrolled December 28, 2010

Doing well and still NED. Return to Emory on 12/30 for my next CT and PET. That will be 2.5 years.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Tardy - But Here
    Hi! Sorry for not checking in earlier.

PAM M, Kentucky, DX SCC BOT IV on October 24, 2009, enrolled on 01-31-2010. Checked in on July 13, 2010. Update on January 4, 2010.

Finished rads 3-16-2010; Iffy, then bad scans led to modified radical neck dissection 12-21-2010. CLEAN scans April, 2011. Checking in 10-30-2011 - still feel I'm feeling better than the average post H&N treatment "bear". Thanks again, HAWVET, for taking care of these updates.
  • Nidociv
    Nidociv Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Missed Checkins
    Sorry, i missed a couple checkins here. Have been having some teeth problems. Had to do 30 hyperbaric treatments in July August to have 1 tooth pulled, now have 2 more that fell apart and have to do more hyperbaric. Waiting to hear from my ENT how many I will have to have this time. But pushing on..
    (Nidociv, Ohio, 2008, Checked in 12-11-2009. Diagnosed w/SCC left BOT. Completed treatment in October 2008. All scans have been clean. Only starting to eat now. Still w/PEG tube.) UPDATE- The peg was finally removed in Jan/Feb of 2010 and am now eating everything of course with the help of liquids still. Will try to checkin here more often again. Thank You Randy
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Nidociv said:

Missed Checkins
    Sorry, i missed a couple checkins here. Have been having some teeth problems. Had to do 30 hyperbaric treatments in July August to have 1 tooth pulled, now have 2 more that fell apart and have to do more hyperbaric. Waiting to hear from my ENT how many I will have to have this time. But pushing on..
    (Nidociv, Ohio, 2008, Checked in 12-11-2009. Diagnosed w/SCC left BOT. Completed treatment in October 2008. All scans have been clean. Only starting to eat now. Still w/PEG tube.) UPDATE- The peg was finally removed in Jan/Feb of 2010 and am now eating everything of course with the help of liquids still. Will try to checkin here more often again. Thank You Randy

Dang Randy....
    LOL, I'm not sure I even remember you...but glad that all scans have been clean.

Great to hear from longtimers....

Best,
    John
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Nidociv said:

Missed Checkins

Hi Randy

Glad you are here and hope you don’t have too many teeth problems.

Wishing you all the best
    Hondo
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Options
    SASH said:

I'm here
    Just had my semi-annual check with Rad Onc and all is good.

:)
    Great to hear, my friend!

Been awhile.

Take care,

Joe
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Options
    update
    Oldejack was alive as of a couple of days ago, seeking some treatment only peripherally related to cancer, so you can assuredly put him on your roster of survivors.

Take care,

Joe
  • DJG1
    DJG1 Member Posts: 121
    Options

update
    Oldejack was alive as of a couple of days ago, seeking some treatment only peripherally related to cancer, so you can assuredly put him on your roster of survivors.

Take care,

Joe

ONE MORE CHECKING IN
    I'm here; post treatment 12 mo now. So far so good, Next ENT visit is February. Thyroid is main issue. Now have " Hash-i-moto", which is a autoimmune disease result of thyroid not function properly. Been trying for 11 mo to get under control with medication, but no luck yet. Other than that, the usual side effects that so many see here. Taste is back and just about gain all weight back. Glad Im still here to check in. Thanks for keeping up with the list. Debbie