missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

So sorry.
    Sending Hugs and

So sorry.

Sending Hugs and prayers.

Donna

Nancy, so sorry for this news
    but I am hoping the radiation really kicks in and kicks the beast in the *ss! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Renee
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    missrenee said:

Nancy, so sorry for this news
    but I am hoping the radiation really kicks in and kicks the beast in the *ss! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Renee

Check back~ after the Pity Party
    cause you will find encouragement and uplifting words from your sisters here~ It's okay to party~ just not for a long time. There is some tush kickin to do, to that awful cancer gene!
    Wow, what really touched me in your post is what you said about your husband being your high school sweetheart, and celebrating was it 42 years of marriage! How wonderful!
    I pray the radiation shrinks the tumor and you have relief from the swelling in your arm and hand.
    Thinking of you, and continuing to pray for you~
    Melanie
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy -- I always have
    Hi Nancy -- I always have you in my prayers.

I am sorry you are going through all of this. Let me just rephrase this for you: "have no idea yet as to what will come after radiation....great/positive surprises, no doubt....". Words (spoken or written) are very powerful, as well as the mind. Yes you are now dealing with this, but this SHALL PASS, God willing. Please always stay positive - yes, I know it's super difficult. I can't imagine what you're going through, but there is something more powerful than all of this, and it's your Faith.

The story of you and your husband is very sweet. I am sure this is very hard for both of you, but please remember to stay positive, no matter what you see or hear.

I will continue to pray for you.

Hugs.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Nancy, My toenails are pink,
    Nancy, My toenails are pink, my prayers are with you, and I feel so f**cking helpless. You are strong and courageous. May everything good come out of the radiation. xoxoxo Lynn
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Nancy, I am so sorry the
    Nancy, I am so sorry the chemo wasn't working. This just is not the news I wanted you to share with us. I'm hopeful the radiation will provide more positive results. None of this is easy but we are warriors and we will get through it. With your amazing family and all of us, we'll help when times get tough. You can also be guaranteed some humor, as you know, from this group, too. Continue to dig deep and keep your positive attitude and keep that glass half full. I'm sending a big comforting (((hug))). Love you, sister!
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Nancy, I am so sorry to hear
    Nancy, I am so sorry to hear your latest news. I will keep you in my prayers while I'm getting chemo tomorrow.

Hugs
    Pam
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Nancy,
    I just had tears in my eyes. First reading about the drug not working but also tears from reading about your blessed union with your soul mate. Wow, 16, what a beautiful love story.

I pray the radiation just gets rid of that tumor once and for all.

Sending my hugs,

Sylvia
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Nancy,
    I just had tears in my eyes. First reading about the drug not working but also tears from reading about your blessed union with your soul mate. Wow, 16, what a beautiful love story.

I pray the radiation just gets rid of that tumor once and for all.

Sending my hugs,

Sylvia

#!$#!
    Dear Nancy-

Sending prayers, hugs, and positive thoughts your way.

Suzanne

PS Forgot to add: I hate cancer
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

#!$#!
    Dear Nancy-

Sending prayers, hugs, and positive thoughts your way.

Suzanne

PS Forgot to add: I hate cancer

This so stinks
    I want to stamp my feet and scream "not fair.". And I would if it could fix anything.

So sorry. Sending a hug.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    aisling8 said:

This so stinks
    I want to stamp my feet and scream "not fair.". And I would if it could fix anything.

So sorry. Sending a hug.

xoxo
    Victoria

Nancy
    I am very sorry that new chemo did not do the job. Hopefully radiation will be effective and helpful. It is a very proven way to fight cancer and you will see improvement very soon. I am glad that your medical team on the top of your progress and and quickly make changes in treatment. $2 years is a great accomplishment. Hugs
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Nancy
    Oh Nancy, I am so sorry to hear this news. Here's hoping that your radiation will stop this crappy disease in its tracks. What a testament to what a special person you are - being married for 42 years to a wonderful man is so nice to hear. I continue to keep you in my prayers. Hugs, Linda
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Nancy all I can say is thank
    Nancy all I can say is thank God for small favors. I know that chemo pill knocked the wind out of you, maybe the radiation will be easier on you and more effective. Pity Party? No way, you are a fierce warrior fighting that ugly beast again. If you feel any pity, you go right ahead and feel it, and all us sisters will join the party until that first radiation treatment, at which time we will all put on those pink boxing gloves and fight right along with you.

Congrats on 42 years with your high school sweetheart. Tell him to keep his chin up and you do the same. We are surrounding you with love and prayers. You go girl and kick cancers butt!!
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Nancy,
    As sorry I am that the trial is not working, but I am so glad that they didn't go 3 months before running tests. As my onco told me when my insurance denied trials for me, new treatments (chemo drugs) keep being released and we will keep trying them and they have already been proven! Which seemed to help knowing that there are options available.

Will keep prayers coming your way.

~Carol
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    renee616 said:

Nancy
    I am praying that this

Nancy
    I am praying that this round of rads fixes everything this time! Congratulations on being happily married for so long! It will be awesome to see that 50 year mark together! My husband and I were married right out of High School too, We just celebrated Our 30th.
    Hugs
    Renee

Nancy, I am so very sorry.
    Nancy, I am so very sorry. I will be praying that rads will be the answer to help you!

Sue :)
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    camul said:

Nancy,
    As sorry I am that the trial is not working, but I am so glad that they didn't go 3 months before running tests. As my onco told me when my insurance denied trials for me, new treatments (chemo drugs) keep being released and we will keep trying them and they have already been proven! Which seemed to help knowing that there are options available.

Will keep prayers coming your way.

~Carol

Prayers
    I am so sorry for this news Nancy. Know that I am praying for you and your husband. I am praying for you kids, grandkids and all involved in your treatment. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hugs & Prayers
    Nancy... so sorry to hear the news. I know you, your family, and all of us were hoping to hear better news. Even so, we will remain firmly at your side. I will lift you and your family in prayer as you continue your battle.

Congratulations on being with your high school sweetheart for 42 years. Your time as Man and Wife is a invaluable treasure that cannot be matched with any amount of gold or precious stone here on earth. Revel and celebrate your union and the family you both have raised together.

You are truly blessed, you know that- don't you? Of course you do. God bless to you and yours. Hugs.
    Ines
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Nancy, I am so sorry to hear
    Nancy, I am so sorry to hear your latest news. I will keep you in my prayers while I'm getting chemo tomorrow.

Hugs
    Pam

Sending lots of positive
    Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Debby
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    fauxma said:

Nancy,
    I don't think this is

Nancy,
    I don't think this is a pity party. It is hard to get this type of news and not feel shaken to your core. I feel the same way about my family. My daughter is married and has her children but my Den and I have been together for over 37 years. We are linked at the heart and soul. I hope that the rads will offer relief and that they will come up with any weapon to fight this. My prayers and my heart are there for you. Weep, rant, whatever works and then fight on.
    Stef

Praying for you!

Praying for you!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    rainbow4 said:

Prayers and good wishes
    All the good thoughts I possess are coming your way, Nancy, to help you and your family through this! I know life isn't always fair, but sometimes it's even MORE unfair than other times - make sense?
    Fight Like A Girl!
    -rainbow4

So very sorry Nancy. I am
    So very sorry Nancy. I am sending to you lots of positive thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Nancy
    I am very sorry that new chemo did not do the job. Hopefully radiation will be effective and helpful. It is a very proven way to fight cancer and you will see improvement very soon. I am glad that your medical team on the top of your progress and and quickly make changes in treatment. $2 years is a great accomplishment. Hugs

So sorry that your chemo
    So sorry that your chemo didn't work. Hugs and prayers to you!