Neulasta shot

Options
pinkflutterby
pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
what have ya'lls reactions been to this shot?????

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Mostly...
    ... it was bone pain - for me, my back/spine. Severe after 1st shot; then, as the shots continued, diminished quickly and greatly. Hope you experience NO side effects at all, Libby. It's possible!

Kind regards, Susan
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Mostly...
    ... it was bone pain - for me, my back/spine. Severe after 1st shot; then, as the shots continued, diminished quickly and greatly. Hope you experience NO side effects at all, Libby. It's possible!

Kind regards, Susan

Hey Susan! I have them
    Hey Susan! I have them all!! Severe fatigue, bone & muscle pain, but I also have the poops wondered if anyone else had the poops with the shots?!!?!?!
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    I had that all through the
    I had that all through the chemo..

Judy
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Sleep
    They only reacton I had to Neulasta was almost to the minute, 2 hours after the injection i would go to sleep for 2 hours.

Susan
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

Sleep
    They only reacton I had to Neulasta was almost to the minute, 2 hours after the injection i would go to sleep for 2 hours.

Susan

I had no bad reactions
    To neulasta, I was told to take claritan (yes, the allergy medicine) the day of the shots and continued it for about 10 days to two weeks afterwards and had no oain. The one time I forgot to take the claritin I had lower back pain. This tip was given to me by the chemo nurses and it really worked for me!

Laura
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    top of spine
    had pain at the top of my spine, and some joint aches...nothing to bad, and it diminished as it went along..hope you are symptom free
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Totel of four
    I had one after each chemo treatment...four in all. The first two, I had a lot of joint aches and felt like I had the flu. Other times, didn't notice any side effects that I can remember...Hope you don't have any! Everyone is different, so maybe you won't have side effects!
    Sybil :)
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    CAchick said:

Totel of four
    I had one after each chemo treatment...four in all. The first two, I had a lot of joint aches and felt like I had the flu. Other times, didn't notice any side effects that I can remember...Hope you don't have any! Everyone is different, so maybe you won't have side effects!
    Sybil :)

no problems
    I had a shot the moring after each of my A/C infusions and didn't have any problems with them at all. Guess I was one of the lucky ones. Hope you do well with yours!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Hi, Libby! My reaction was
    Hi, Libby! My reaction was some joint pain in my lower back and legs. It began on day 2 after the shot. I was lucky and managed to control it with extra strength Tylenol. I hope your reaction, if any, is minimal. Good luck!
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    My reaction
    was almost identical to Christmas Girl's reaction. Severe bone pain after the first (that was controlled by vicodin) and then with each shot thereafter, it diminished drastically. By my third shot, I don't believe I had any side effects at all. I did not have the runs.

Clementine
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    PAIN!!!!
    BONE PAIN AND MUSCLE PAIN.. MOSTLY IN BACK AND LEGS..
  • cctiz
    cctiz Member Posts: 47
    Options
    neulasta shot
    my reaction was pretty severe the 1st time, i guess i was not prepared, nobody told me about the claritin but the moment i had it was like an explosion in my entire body, i had severe cramps and diarrea that lasted for exactly 13 days,right on time to get the second -everybody is different Im a small frame, petite, 120 pounds and i was stold neulasta was just too much so they gave me a naupogen after my second round and it was milder, claritin helped a lot (take it prior to the shot) and advil for the lower back pains - my other infussions and shots were very well prepared and it worked wonders, my onco held the shot until the chemo worst side effects, which are usually after days 3 to 5, were over then i got my naupogen, you may need a couple of them or you may not, it depends your white blood count
    Good luck!!!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Neulasta and I did not get
    Neulasta and I did not get along very well. Let's see...hmmmm...bone, joint, ear, neck pains. Also developed a low-grade fever. I felt like I had a really bad flu with lots of pain, without the cough. It lasted for 2 days. I skipped the last one since it was my last treatment, and realized this shot had more side effects for me, than the actual chemo Taxol did (AC sucked for me). But that didn't stop me! It's helpful and necessary.
  • mruczko
    mruczko Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Neulasta
    I got Neupogen, fortunately needed it just a couple of times. The injections themselves hurt (into the tummy). I had bone pain, especially in the loweer back and hip area, it disappeared after about 3 days. Didn't take anything, just suffered through those days.
    Just think of the benefits - it's very effective.
    Hugs, Marlene
  • pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112
    Options
    mruczko said:

Neulasta
    I got Neupogen, fortunately needed it just a couple of times. The injections themselves hurt (into the tummy). I had bone pain, especially in the loweer back and hip area, it disappeared after about 3 days. Didn't take anything, just suffered through those days.
    Just think of the benefits - it's very effective.
    Hugs, Marlene

Yup, bone pains plus....
    I had severe bone pain - in the shoulder mostly. Onc doc says it is bursitis but I never had it before and it miraculusly went away about a week after. I'm getting ready for the second cycle this Monday - so I will see if it comes back. I really hope not!!!! Onc gave me pain killers but the pain was so bad they didn't work. I was pretty much an insomniac for over 1 week. Also had the runs too - a little bloody, cleared up in a few days. Can't say if SE's are from the chemo drugs TCH or the Neulasta.

Thanks for asking. I was wondering about this.
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Yup, bone pains plus....
    I had severe bone pain - in the shoulder mostly. Onc doc says it is bursitis but I never had it before and it miraculusly went away about a week after. I'm getting ready for the second cycle this Monday - so I will see if it comes back. I really hope not!!!! Onc gave me pain killers but the pain was so bad they didn't work. I was pretty much an insomniac for over 1 week. Also had the runs too - a little bloody, cleared up in a few days. Can't say if SE's are from the chemo drugs TCH or the Neulasta.

Thanks for asking. I was wondering about this.

Achy... lower back pain...
    I've experienced lower back pain 4-5 days After the neulasta injection. The pain is not bad. I take Tylenol to relieve it. Fortunately, the pain only last for 2-3 days. I've had 5 rounds of chemo and this cycle, after the injection, has repeated each time. The Onc says my pain is a SE and is expected. Since my pain is mininal the Tylenol has worked thus far.

Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

Achy... lower back pain...
    I've experienced lower back pain 4-5 days After the neulasta injection. The pain is not bad. I take Tylenol to relieve it. Fortunately, the pain only last for 2-3 days. I've had 5 rounds of chemo and this cycle, after the injection, has repeated each time. The Onc says my pain is a SE and is expected. Since my pain is mininal the Tylenol has worked thus far.

Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)

I blame most of my issues on
    I blame most of my issues on the shot. I had diarrhea, flu symptoms, HORRIBLE headache, etc....but no bone, joint pain. I was so bad, I really wanted to figure out something different for this one coming up this week. I was told about Claritin as well from my naturopathic oncologist. I'll try it this time, and see if I do better....otherwise I'm seeking out the alternative mentioned above.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    I had chemo
    on Wednesday with Neulasta shot on Thursday. By Friday night I was sleeping the weekend away. I took Tylenol with my Arthritis meds and the bone pain was bearable. By Monday morning I was fine.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    e_hope said:

PAIN!!!!
    BONE PAIN AND MUSCLE PAIN.. MOSTLY IN BACK AND LEGS..

I've never had this, but, I
    I've never had this, but, I am praying for you Libby.

Hugs, Lex
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    poplolly said:

I had that all through the
    I had that all through the chemo..

Judy

It's good to see you post
    It's good to see you post Libby. I hope that you start to feel better very soon.

Hugs, Leeza