2»

Comments

• Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Oh, me.
    Hey, Buzz.

As you know, I don't have experience with so much that many of you here have had to go through. So I won't offer advice. I'll just say that I'm praying for you and hoping to hear good news about you very soon!

*hugs*
    Gail

Praying for you Buzz.
    As

Praying for you Buzz.
    As with all of you in here. You can do it buzz, if anyone can its you. Keep a positive additude on it, you have the upper hand!
  • NWGirl
    NWGirl Member Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My Experience w/Lymph Node
    I don't come here often so I apologize if I've missed something in your story/experience. I just thought I'd share my experience with recurrence. Original diagnosis - stage 3c rectal cancer - surgery, chemo, radiation - NED since original surgery in Nov. 2007.

Last December my oncologist ordered a PET scan to get additional info on some spots in my lungs that we had been watching. Sure enough the spots lit up along with a lymph node between the lungs, which sits right next to my diaphragm. VATS surgery/biopsy in February confirmed at least one of the spots was cancer as was the lymph node that lit up. Because of the location of the node, the surgeon was not comfortable removing it. My oncologist said to leave it there - it would be a way for us to measure the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of chemo. Crazy, I know.

Anyway, I tried FOLFOX as it had been a couple of years since I'd had it. SICK, SICK, SICK. I refused further Oxi, but I did take 5FU+Avastin. We had to hold off on the Avastin until I was 6 weeks post op from VATS. Anyway - after 6 total rounds of chemo (only one with Oxi and maybe 3 with Avastin), we did another PET scan and nothing lit up. So (knock on wood), the 5FU+Avastin seems to be working for me. It's still early - I've only had the one scan since starting chemo, but I seem to have had a good response.

I wish you best of luck with whatever treatment plan you decide upon.
  • merrysmom
    merrysmom Member Posts: 51
    Options
    NWGirl said:

My Experience w/Lymph Node
    I don't come here often so I apologize if I've missed something in your story/experience. I just thought I'd share my experience with recurrence. Original diagnosis - stage 3c rectal cancer - surgery, chemo, radiation - NED since original surgery in Nov. 2007.

Last December my oncologist ordered a PET scan to get additional info on some spots in my lungs that we had been watching. Sure enough the spots lit up along with a lymph node between the lungs, which sits right next to my diaphragm. VATS surgery/biopsy in February confirmed at least one of the spots was cancer as was the lymph node that lit up. Because of the location of the node, the surgeon was not comfortable removing it. My oncologist said to leave it there - it would be a way for us to measure the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of chemo. Crazy, I know.

Anyway, I tried FOLFOX as it had been a couple of years since I'd had it. SICK, SICK, SICK. I refused further Oxi, but I did take 5FU+Avastin. We had to hold off on the Avastin until I was 6 weeks post op from VATS. Anyway - after 6 total rounds of chemo (only one with Oxi and maybe 3 with Avastin), we did another PET scan and nothing lit up. So (knock on wood), the 5FU+Avastin seems to be working for me. It's still early - I've only had the one scan since starting chemo, but I seem to have had a good response.

I wish you best of luck with whatever treatment plan you decide upon.

dear buzz
    I am pretty new to this post too, but you have all of my prayers. I will be praying for your family too. you hang in tight. wish i could do more for you but you do have my prayers. love, barb
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    merrysmom said:

dear buzz
    I am pretty new to this post too, but you have all of my prayers. I will be praying for your family too. you hang in tight. wish i could do more for you but you do have my prayers. love, barb

Thinking about you!
    Yes, hang in there Buzz! Important to wrap your head around it! My prayers go out to you. Stay strong!
  • pcs1453
    pcs1453 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    No Advice but Prayers
    Hi Clift,

I am so distressed that you have more sh-- to deal with. Ever since I logged on you have been there to give advice and comfort. I can't say anything that will bring you comfort but know that we are praying for you to come through yet another obstacle. Stay strong and keep up the fight.

Your friend,
    Paula
  • AncientTiger
    AncientTiger Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Damn
    Sorry to hear this Buzz.... I don't have any advice or experience to offer on this, but you do have my thoughts and prayer.

You've beat it before, you can do it again. There's lots that do ;)
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Damn
    Sorry to hear this Buzz.... I don't have any advice or experience to offer on this, but you do have my thoughts and prayer.

You've beat it before, you can do it again. There's lots that do ;)

Hey Buzz
    Just want you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you.

Smiles,
    Dawn
  • Nana2
    Nana2 Member Posts: 255
    Options
    I will be praying for you
    I will be praying for you Buzz and watching for your update. So sorry to hear this news.