Talk to me......

Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
I just got "the" call..from the Oncologists..seems as if the area around the hileum (*sp) lite up and also a small place on the right side of the liver..They are not so much worried about the liver as they are the spot on the hileum. The hileum is around the breathing tube and has a lot of nodes in that area. She wants to talk with the pulmonary surgeon to see if there is a chance that they may do a brochioscope and actually see whats up without being to invasive. Then if it is cancer they won't worry about the liver for now other than to watch it...
She spoke about that being my cancer is slow to grow that after I talked with her about this being treatable or not she said that until she knew exactly what she is dealing with then the options are right now most likely chemo...6 month stint, not pill form, IV form, and most likely to start soon..any idea what type it might be.I am looking at going back to Vandy for the scope or simply to talk options with my Onc first of next week. Did I mention that I hate cancer.....Phil, Scouty, Guys and Gals long term ....I need some intuitive information here. Time for feeling sorry for myself is over. Its time to get busy with staying alive.....PM will do for any info regarding what my options could be or might help or any questions that I need to be asking or options to be looking at.....Thanks Guys.....This stuff just got very very real to me..........
Actually, I thought that I was looking at brain issues but seems that it must have just been stress...I have been trying to swallow this pill and am getting my head wrapped around this...AGAIN...and I will.....I will keep all of you abreast of what is going on...any pertinent info drop me a PM...I need to be ready and knowledged based when I speak with her next week about options....thanks to all.....buzz

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    lousy
    Hi Clift,

I just finished sending you a pm before seeing this post of yours. It kicks you in the gut, doesn't it? I'm sorry...
    Ok- now on suggestions other than chemo... look into cyberknife, nanoknife, and/or RFA. My hilar node along my bronchial tube is inflamed and lit up as well- not sure if that's exactly like yours or not. My issue is I have too many to do a cyberknife or nanoknife on just a few of my lung nodules, but I am looking into nanoknife for my rectal tumor. Nanoknife is the procedure that uses electricity, not radiation. Something to consider, anyhow, possibly in addition to the chemo.
    I'm praying for ya, Buzz- I know you've been kicked when you were already down.

Hugs to you,
    Lisa
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Bzzzzz....
    I understand "real", Buzz - all to well I'm sorry to say.

You've seen enough of me (or had enough of me) over the past couple of years to see where I came from, what I have gone through, and where I'm at now.

Had cancer 3 times now - knocked it back in the shadows 3x now - over a 7-year period, Buzz. That's a pretty a decent record.

I already sent you a PM. The only thing I could add is that the switch to Folfiri might be in order. It does have proven tumor shrinking skills and seems to be pretty effective for most of us. It's harsh and was he11 on me, but it did knock my cells back to where we could not see them. In 2 more months I'll know how effective once we scan again.

I'd be open to radiation or surgery or a surgical procedure if she presented that to you. I can't really draw a conclusion until you have talked with her, except the possible switch in chemos. I'll be anxious to hear your update.

Regardless, your travel plans are booked for CP-9 and I'm going to throw a wrench into the works by showing up to keep you company:)

Make way, Chicago! There will be "Two Roosters in the Henhouse!" LOL! LOL!

Take care, Buzz - with you all the way if you want me to be - and you know I mean what I say, right?

Your friend
    -Craig
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Bzzzzz....
    I understand "real", Buzz - all to well I'm sorry to say.

You've seen enough of me (or had enough of me) over the past couple of years to see where I came from, what I have gone through, and where I'm at now.

Had cancer 3 times now - knocked it back in the shadows 3x now - over a 7-year period, Buzz. That's a pretty a decent record.

I already sent you a PM. The only thing I could add is that the switch to Folfiri might be in order. It does have proven tumor shrinking skills and seems to be pretty effective for most of us. It's harsh and was he11 on me, but it did knock my cells back to where we could not see them. In 2 more months I'll know how effective once we scan again.

I'd be open to radiation or surgery or a surgical procedure if she presented that to you. I can't really draw a conclusion until you have talked with her, except the possible switch in chemos. I'll be anxious to hear your update.

Regardless, your travel plans are booked for CP-9 and I'm going to throw a wrench into the works by showing up to keep you company:)

Make way, Chicago! There will be "Two Roosters in the Henhouse!" LOL! LOL!

Take care, Buzz - with you all the way if you want me to be - and you know I mean what I say, right?

Your friend
    -Craig

BUZZ
    Hi Cliff,

You were the first to answer my daughter when we found out about my cancer. I added you as my friend when I joined the board and I mean that in any way possible. Unfortunately I cannot make it to Chicago otherwise I would be there also. BUT... be assured we all are with you for this new challenge. You are as always in my prayers and thoughts. Positive thinking is half the battle I was told, not easy but possible. This board stands united behind you and what ever treatment options you have you are not alone in this fight.
    Many hugs,
    Marjan
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    Sorry it wasn't better news. Sounds like your doctor is on top of things. You are in my prayers.

Kim
  • daBeachBum
    daBeachBum Member Posts: 164
    Hey Buzz
    Sorry to hear about this setback :-( I hope this just turns out to be something minor in the scheme of things.

I don't have anything of value to add to the conversation other than sending you heartfelt good wishes and healing thoughts...

All the best,

Ray
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member

Hey Buzz
    Sorry to hear about this setback :-( I hope this just turns out to be something minor in the scheme of things.

I don't have anything of value to add to the conversation other than sending you heartfelt good wishes and healing thoughts...

All the best,

Ray

Hey Buzz...
    Sent you a PM about my past Hilum area node that was squashed by Cyberknife.... look into it Schweetheart!!! You will be fine. Just sucks to be back in the battle again.

Jennie

Craig right...... We gonna tear up Chicago!!!!!!!!
  • Matta
    Matta Member Posts: 39
    I can talk ...
    Hi Buzz,

I am new here, well this is my first post but I have been here reading for a while, just silent and I was going to have it that way until I got the feeling that I knew so many of you here. Some better than others and you are one of them, so when you asked for prayers the other day I did that, I bent my knees for you and came here every day to search for some news from you. Now when I read this I can just say that I can not be silent any longer, I am so very very sorry to read this! I will keep on praying for you and sending you positive thoughts.

All the best,
    Matta
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Buzz,
    I don't know what to

Buzz,

I don't know what to say, but I wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers.
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    ketziah35 said:

Buzz,
    I don't know what to

Buzz,

I don't know what to say, but I wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers.

hang in
    there buzz and you know what i mean.we both need to hang on to that rope and i mean hold on tight.i had a scare myself the other day.will know more after 8/1 when i talk to surgen.went to chemo onc the other day and was told i was inoperable then 2 hours later was told i could have a liver resection.WOW i had some emotional issues.i will hold on tight if you will hold on tight and together we can and WILL do this...Godbless....johnnybegood
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    sorry mate, you know what i tried, i believe its helped
    dear buzz,

so very sorry you have this battle ahead of you now.

i have published most of what i tried and my issues.

i tried all the alternatives mixed with standard colorectal treatment. i went through radiation, surgery, 6 months folfox and am getting over the neuropathy now.

i would read the liver and bowel bible and then anticancer.

i believe meditation, relaxation, juicing, diet, exercise, supplements, chinese medicine and all the support i obtained here and in my other support groups helped.

i am very pleased with my unique aggressive approach to surviving chemo well.
    tumeric and folfox, SAMe post chemo to liver, milk thistle to protect, juicing, intensive gut support during chemo. i would find a great naturopath as managing all the supplements is beyond me, or at least i needed advice on managing supplements and interactions.

i am happy to answer any questions, especially what the naturopaths have advised.

goodluck and hugs,
    pete
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Sorry Buzz
    I truly wish I knew what worked to fix me,if I did I'd bottle it and send some to all of you. Hugs Ron.
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    ron50 said:

Sorry Buzz
    I truly wish I knew what worked to fix me,if I did I'd bottle it and send some to all of you. Hugs Ron.

Buzzzz
    Buzz I'm so sorry but I got to tell you beat once and you will beat it again hugs buddy love ya Tina
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Buzz
    Crap!

Hugs - Tina
  • TMac52
    TMac52 Member Posts: 352
    geotina said:

Buzz
    Crap!

Hugs - Tina

Buzz
    My prayers are wit you buzz......about to hit my knees now. Tom
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224
    Attitude is eveything!
    So keep humor in the front and don't forget to talk to the man above! You are in my prayers.
    hugs
    Shanna
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Buzz
    Buzz,
    Sending you my prayers my friend. So frigg'n sorry you have to put up another fight.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Can't give you any suggestions but lots of hugs And solidarity
    my friend!.
  • luvmum
    luvmum Member Posts: 457 Member
    Oh Buzz
    Dear Buzz,

I'm so sorry to read your post. I really hope it's nothing serious. When I first joined this board, your post always make me laugh! You have very good sense of humor! Please continue to stay positive.

I really don't know what to say, please stay strong and know that we all love you!
    Hugs Dora
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Hi Buzz,I am no expert,sorry
    Hi Buzz,I am no expert,sorry that I can't give you any ideas.You are in my prayers as always.I am sure you will beat this up soon.Best wishes to both you and your family,take care.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Oh, me.
    Hey, Buzz.

As you know, I don't have experience with so much that many of you here have had to go through. So I won't offer advice. I'll just say that I'm praying for you and hoping to hear good news about you very soon!

*hugs*
    Gail