126/84

Options
TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
I hesitate to post this, as it's so trivial compared with what many of you are going through right now, and the loss of our dear Meena....but maybe a little bit of good news is okay?

Many of you know I was diagnosed with high blood pressure just as I was starting to feel like myself again after treatment, and it was a frustrating setback, like why have I been working so hard to exercise and eat right?

After trying a couple of drugs to find one that didn't give me unbearable side effects, I saw my internist this afternoon....Not only am I having NO side effects from my current drug (Lisinopril -- me too, Bella Luna!), but my blood pressure was 126/84! My doctor is thrilled, and doesn't want to see me again for 6 months -- he told me to have a nice Christmas!

So I get to see my internist every 6 months instead of every 2 months, mammograms now every year instead of every 6 months -- good heavens, what WILL I do with all this free time?

:-) Traci

Comments

• mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Go Traci!
    What will you do? Awesome to have the free time and the good health to enjoy it.

Cindy
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Traci
    That is great news! You will have to find yourself a hobby to fill all that free time.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Love it!
    Now that is some good news, so glad the meds are working well for you and that you are getting some of your time freed up!

Hugs,

RE
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Same one
    Am taking the same but it also has a water retention component added to it for me. I just began taking a beta blocker which is the older form of what they used for high blood pressure. If you have triple negative breast cancer it seems that this can keep it from metastasizing and from a recurrence. So I just started on this drug over the weekend.

Glad you are getting results.
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    B/P
    Blood pressure of a teenager! YEAH!
    Sybil
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    This is great news. Way to
    This is great news. Way to go!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Way to go you exercising,
    Way to go you exercising, healthy eating, quick witted, pink walnut. Traci we need you on these boards because you have a special way of easing some of the disappointment and pain we experience here. So will you now become a yoga instructor and nutritionist with all that extra time? Whatever you do enjoy it and hold on to that wonderful sense of humor. Your posts always brighten my day. Love ya girl.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Way to go you exercising,
    Way to go you exercising, healthy eating, quick witted, pink walnut. Traci we need you on these boards because you have a special way of easing some of the disappointment and pain we experience here. So will you now become a yoga instructor and nutritionist with all that extra time? Whatever you do enjoy it and hold on to that wonderful sense of humor. Your posts always brighten my day. Love ya girl.

Ditto .. Cousin Natly!
    Post away, Traci.

Congratulations on achieving a giant milestone of getting your blood pressure down. You have proven that diet, exercise and Yoga -- is such a helpful tool in bringing down our blood pressure. Commitment -- to your health!

Enjoy your sunflowers, and gardening --

How's Trace?

Vicki Sam
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Yeah, Traci. We needed your
    Yeah, Traci. We needed your good news. xoxoxox Lynn
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Traci, that is GREAT news.
    Traci, that is GREAT news. Yes, we LOVE good news, as you know. You could always take up driving the Pink Bus with all your spare time. There seems to be a need for it lately and with your personality, I think that would be awesome. Or, maybe just some extra time with Trace, now that would be enjoyable, too!! Thanks for sharing your good news.
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Feels good to read some good
    Feels good to read some good news this morning. I am happy for you Traci.
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Yay Traci
    Good news is always welcome. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll find a way to use that extra time.

marge
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Good news is never trivial!
    Good news is never trivial! I'm a little worried that you'll use all that free time and get into some kind of trouble...

I'm in the 'which drug will work' phase of treating the high BP. We tried lisinopril first, and I got the pesky little cough in the throat. So now we're trying norvasc...but I'm really glad the lisinopril is working for you! Now go celebrate with Trace and stay out of trouble.

Hugs,

Linda
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Good news is never trivial!
    Good news is never trivial! I'm a little worried that you'll use all that free time and get into some kind of trouble...

I'm in the 'which drug will work' phase of treating the high BP. We tried lisinopril first, and I got the pesky little cough in the throat. So now we're trying norvasc...but I'm really glad the lisinopril is working for you! Now go celebrate with Trace and stay out of trouble.

Hugs,

Linda

wonderful news!
    And it's not trivial. We have to celebrate every little thing and the now missing pink sisters would agree. I've been doing gentle yoga which is calming and helps blood pressure too. Just something to think about.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Great News!
    Good news is always good, especially after bad. Glad you are doing so well! You always make me laugh!
    ~Carol
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Traci
    I'm happy you're doing so well. Keep it up.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Great news. I love not
    Great news. I love not having to see any kind of doctor for 6 months.

Hugs

Donna
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options

Great news. I love not
    Great news. I love not having to see any kind of doctor for 6 months.

Hugs

Donna

Congrats
    Great News! Congrats on getting your blood pressure down!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Congrats
    Great News! Congrats on getting your blood pressure down!

Good news is ALWAYS welcome here, Traci!
    We need to hear the good stuff--as we grieve our losses and feel great compassion for those struggling right now. So glad you can just dump this worry out the window. Nice job, Traci.

Hugs, Renee
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Good news is ALWAYS welcome here, Traci!
    We need to hear the good stuff--as we grieve our losses and feel great compassion for those struggling right now. So glad you can just dump this worry out the window. Nice job, Traci.

Hugs, Renee

Lisinpril..
    Did the trick for me too...my last was 127/75.....beat ya Trac! Lol. I thought they were checking to see if I was in a coma....!

Glad your BP is within normal limits now...
    Hugs,
    Nancy