Options
13»

Comments

• Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    susie09 said:

Hi Pam. Your friend Ande
    Hi Pam. Your friend Ande has been posting and I hope that we have made both of you feel comfortable on the site. We are a friendly bunch. LOL

Good luck with chemo today. Let us know how you do.

HUGS!

Absolutely Susie. Thanks

Absolutely Susie. Thanks
  • Pam5
    Options
    susie09 said:

Hi Pam. Your friend Ande
    Hi Pam. Your friend Ande has been posting and I hope that we have made both of you feel comfortable on the site. We are a friendly bunch. LOL

Good luck with chemo today. Let us know how you do.

HUGS!

Absolutely Susie. Thanks

Absolutely Susie. Thanks
  • Pam5
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Hi Pam!
    Sorry it took so long to welcome you aboard. It's good that you found this site and you'll find lots of support here. As to hair loss, mine started on day 9 about a week to 10 days before it was "supposed to". But, we're all different even though we're walking the same path. Best of luck as you battle again. Sending prayers.

I did wear a beautiful
    I did wear a beautiful turquoise scarf and knotted it in the back - large earrings and a really cute top. I felt confident.

26 year ago they did not do chemo if your nodes were clean. They took 23 nodes out of my arm and they were all fine. The tumor was one centimeter. They didn't know about the sentinel node at that time or even 16 years ago when I had my second episode.

Thank you for the welcome, Skipper. You ladies are just wonderful. Did I tell you Andie documented the hair clipping? Maybe we'll show it to our grandchildren someday. They may prefer we not do that.
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Well today was the day. I
    Well today was the day. I went to run my fingers through my hair after my shower this morning and came away with a handful of hair. During the day more and more came out. I knew it would happen but I don't think I was quite ready. Our friend Patti came over with clippers and took it way down. Actually I look bald but without the shine yet. I have to go out to lunch tomorrow and I can't decide if I should go au natural or wear a scarf. It's going to be in the 90's but the restaurant will be air-conditioned. I don' want to scare anybody. Did any of you go natural? I would love feedback on this.

Take care,
    Pam

Pam,
    My sister thought it

Pam,
    My sister thought it was fun to sport the bald. It reminded her of the actress in the first Star Trek movie. The heat really got to her so I think hats were just too warm. I did chemo in the fall and winter so I needed something on my head. I don't know if I could have gone natural? I did mostly bandana's, some beanies when it was really cold.
    I never did worry about the eyebrows or lashes.

On a different note, I drank a jamba juice during chemo. The cold was suppose to prevent mouth sores and I never had a problem. A friend told me about it before starting chemo.

Cindy
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

HI Pam
    Sorry we had to meet this way..this is great board...much helpful info here..

sorry you are going through all this..again...I"ll be thinking of you

Denise

I'm sorry you ever had to
    I'm sorry you ever had to come to this board, but, you will find a lot of help, compassion and encouragement from us.

♥ Kristin ♥