2»

Comments

• ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Options
    Dora,
    My mom finished chemo

Dora,

My mom finished chemo in december and is currently NED. I know that there is nothing that cAn be said to take away your pain and worry, but I just want to let you know that I am praying for you and your mother.
  • rogina2336
    rogina2336 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Sorry
    So very sorry to hear those results. My heart goes out to you. Always hopeful Kim
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Calm down my friend
    Hi Dora,

I want to share with you that I also had a recurrence in my liver just 4 months after my liver resection. That was almost two years ago and I am still here! So, no of course it's not good that she's had a recurrence, but it doesn't necessarily mean things are going to continue to spiral out of control. I am also k-ras mutated, like your mum. Talk to the oncologist about Gemzar (gemcitabine) in combination with Xeloda or 5FU and possibly with Avastin. That is what I've been on since March 2010, when other chemos stopped working for me. The Gemzar hasn't made things go away, but it has kept things fairly stable. I have not had any new mets pop up during this time. My CEA had gone up lately, but now the past two times it's gone down again. So, I'm still hopeful.
    Gemzar isn't a standard chemo for colorectal cancer (normally used for a type of breast cancer, kidney cancer, and pancreatic cancer, I think). It was recommended for me to take based on a clinical trial out of Norris Cancer Center at USC in Los Angeles a few years back under Dr. Josef Lenz. There were two trials, actually- the first didn't have great results, but the second had pretty good results. It could be a possibility for your mum. Take deep breaths.
    I don't know about keeping your mum in the dark about what's happened- I guess you know your mum better than anyone else, but I always like the idea of being open and honest.

Hugs to you, Dora- I am praying for your mum and for you, too.

Lisa
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Prayers
    You and your mum are in my prayers. Hoping that you will get good news with the IVF too. She is very lucky to have such a wonderful, caring daughter as you.

Kim
  • Grannysmith
    Grannysmith Member Posts: 12
    Options
    prayer

Dora,
    I am praying for your mom, you, and your family. My cancer is not curable but is treatable.
    I am on ertibux weekly.
    Just remenber that god loves you. Put your hope and strength in him, and he will help you through.
    mom is in my prayers. A great big hug to you and your mom.

Grannysmith
  • Grannysmith
    Grannysmith Member Posts: 12
    Options
    prayer

Dora,
    I am praying for your mom, you, and your family. My cancer is not curable but is treatable.
    I am on ertibux weekly.
    Just remenber that god loves you. Put your hope and strength in him, and he will help you through.
    mom is in my prayers. A great big hug to you and your mom.

Grannysmith
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you and your mom
    I am saying prayers for you and your mom right now. Please take it one day at a time...I know it is overwhelming, but that is the only way I can deal with it.

Hugs,
    Sara
  • luvmum
    luvmum Member Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Dear all
    Thank you very much for your reply. Talked to mum's oncologist today and he refused to keep her in the dark and will let her know everything next week when mum and I go to see him together. He told me even if my IVF will be successful, mum will not be able to see the baby! Although I know he was just telling me the average number, my heart was broken.

My heart is still aching seriously and still don't know how to handle it. Just thinking about losing her kills me, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep.

I really appreciate all your support and prayers, I really need them.
    Love to you all,
    Dora