Have you missed me???? I have missed all of you!!!

2»

Comments

• Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Hope
    Hope they can get to the bottom of the coughing issue. Sorry about you close friend and hope you can feel at peace with his passing.

Dear Chen,
    So sorry about

Dear Chen,
    So sorry about the loss of your dear friend Jim. You know you are always missed here but always loved.
    I do hope they can get to the bottom of the cough.
    It was great to hear from you and try to keep us posted when you can.
    All my best.....
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Hope
    Hope they can get to the bottom of the coughing issue. Sorry about you close friend and hope you can feel at peace with his passing.

Dear Chen,
    So sorry about

Dear Chen,
    So sorry about the loss of your dear friend Jim. You know you are always missed here but always loved.
    I do hope they can get to the bottom of the cough.
    It was great to hear from you and try to keep us posted when you can.
    All my best.....
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    chenheart said:

Oh Kindred Spirits!!!! You
    Oh Kindred Spirits!!!! You are without a doubt the BEST group of women assembled anywhere! Ok, I would have liked it better if we were a book group, a political group, a gang of rock and roll groupies, a bunch of dieters, quilters, writers... LOL Being that we met here of all places, let me just say you soothe my soul and lift my spirits~ the journey with all of its potholes and uncertain terrain is so much easier to navigate with all of you by my side. Thank you for everything...I hope I give you even a smidgen of what you continue to give me.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen, please remember
    that whatever you send out (your love and caring) comes back to you two-fold or more. And do take care of yourself in every way.
    Many gentle hugs to you
    -rainbow4
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    [[[chenheart]]]
    I'm so sorry! It's tough anytime to lose a friend ... but the way in which you lost Jim is especially tough. Praying for you all, especially on Sunday. xoxo

Prayers too for your healing ... whatever is going on with that cough ... may it be kicked to the curb.

Keep us posted, dear chenheart. We love you and you're invaluable to all of us.

Blessings, love, comfort, strength, and healing to you,
    dh
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

[[[chenheart]]]
    I'm so sorry! It's tough anytime to lose a friend ... but the way in which you lost Jim is especially tough. Praying for you all, especially on Sunday. xoxo

Prayers too for your healing ... whatever is going on with that cough ... may it be kicked to the curb.

Keep us posted, dear chenheart. We love you and you're invaluable to all of us.

Blessings, love, comfort, strength, and healing to you,
    dh

Oh, Chen, my heart goes out to you
    Reggie and your dear friend, Jim and his family. I am sorry you're still struggling with that cough and hope that you have a great relationship with your new oncologist. Also, how sad and unbelievable about your friend, Jim. He sounds like an incredible guy and I am sure many tears have been shed for him. I think your ritual of "singing him home" is beautiful. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all and thank you for taking the time to let us know. We all care so much about you, dearheart.

Hugs, Renee
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    chenheart said:

Oh Kindred Spirits!!!! You
    Oh Kindred Spirits!!!! You are without a doubt the BEST group of women assembled anywhere! Ok, I would have liked it better if we were a book group, a political group, a gang of rock and roll groupies, a bunch of dieters, quilters, writers... LOL Being that we met here of all places, let me just say you soothe my soul and lift my spirits~ the journey with all of its potholes and uncertain terrain is so much easier to navigate with all of you by my side. Thank you for everything...I hope I give you even a smidgen of what you continue to give me.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You have and you do,
    that's why your posts are very much missed when we don't see one in a while...thank you for your beautiful words you bless us here with.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    missrenee said:

Oh, Chen, my heart goes out to you
    Reggie and your dear friend, Jim and his family. I am sorry you're still struggling with that cough and hope that you have a great relationship with your new oncologist. Also, how sad and unbelievable about your friend, Jim. He sounds like an incredible guy and I am sure many tears have been shed for him. I think your ritual of "singing him home" is beautiful. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all and thank you for taking the time to let us know. We all care so much about you, dearheart.

Hugs, Renee

Hey Chen
    So sorry about Jim.

Hey Chen
    So sorry about Jim. Please take care of yourself. It doesn't sound like you're slowing it down very much. I'm so glad that you have found an Onc. that you have confidence in. I have been lucky enough to always feel like my Oncology team was working hard for me. I want all of us Kindred Spirits to have that confidence in their team. And you , lady, deserve the best that California has to offer!
    Cheers
    Dee
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I always, always miss you
    I always, always miss you when you are not here. You are truly a Kindred to me.

I am so sorry to hear of all that you have been through. Jim sounds as if he was a special, special friend and I know that you and Reggie will miss him. And I am so sorry that you had to go through the trauma of CPR, etc. That is tough and it has happened to me before too, so I know and I hate that you had to go through that on top of everything else. A church member keeled over on Easter Sunday and he died also--despite CPR. The survival rate of bystander CPR is low ~4% (increasing to ~30% if a defibrillator is present).

Now, I am putting on my NP hat (even if it is an neonatal NP one ;-) and ordering you to get some R&R. Maybe a nice massage or movie? I know you have to see the oncologist first,but then do something for Chen! Promise me.

And I promise to be there with you on Monday, holding your hand and bringing the lattes. And please feel free to pm me about anything.
  • CypressCynthia

I always, always miss you
    I always, always miss you when you are not here. You are truly a Kindred to me.

I am so sorry to hear of all that you have been through. Jim sounds as if he was a special, special friend and I know that you and Reggie will miss him. And I am so sorry that you had to go through the trauma of CPR, etc. That is tough and it has happened to me before too, so I know and I hate that you had to go through that on top of everything else. A church member keeled over on Easter Sunday and he died also--despite CPR. The survival rate of bystander CPR is low ~4% (increasing to ~30% if a defibrillator is present).

Now, I am putting on my NP hat (even if it is an neonatal NP one ;-) and ordering you to get some R&R. Maybe a nice massage or movie? I know you have to see the oncologist first,but then do something for Chen! Promise me.

And I promise to be there with you on Monday, holding your hand and bringing the lattes. And please feel free to pm me about anything.

P.S.
    I am up to Season 2, episode 6 of Buffy :-) and enjoying it thoroughly!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

P.S.
    I am up to Season 2, episode 6 of Buffy :-) and enjoying it thoroughly!

Oh this Buffy news makes me
    Oh this Buffy news makes me so happy! LOL Siobhan will be beaming when I tell her, too! It is just so enjoyable, and the characters so, for lack of a better word ADDICTIVE!

I have R&R in my life plan, honestly! Tonight actually brought a much overused word,which I have never wanted to use...the word is closure. We made a poster board for Jim with lots of the pix we had taken of him working alongside Reggie on the Tribe's plank canoe. We decorated it with shamrocks, American flags,NY Yankee logos, etc. Reggie also made a tribute area in our back yard~ Jim's fishing pole, a tall can of Coors, his camo-cap and an abalone shell with sage burning in it. I made Irish "Peasant Food". Shepherd's Pie, cabbage cooked with an entire pound of bacon, onions, apples and simmered in a broth made of chicken stock, applesauce, and Pinot Grigio! YUMMY! We had bread and I made raspberry/coconut/pecan bars for dessert. Oh yeah~ appetizers were shimp cocktails, and I made a mess of roasted red pepper hummus and othr assorted goodies. Beer, wine water and soda rounded out the menu. We had a great group of friends assembled, and we all raised a glass to Jim at 6PM~ while on the phone with Jim's 2 kids who were raising a glass in NY.

I see the new oncologist tomorrow...my heart is full of hope for a "good mix" and that things are as I have always hoped they would be!

Thanks for the scolding~ I know I need it...Reggie is giving me The Look...so, it's off to bed with me!

Love you all!
    Chen♥
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    chenheart said:

Oh this Buffy news makes me so happy! LOL Siobhan will be beaming when I tell her, too! It is just so enjoyable, and the characters so, for lack of a better word ADDICTIVE!

I have R&R in my life plan, honestly! Tonight actually brought a much overused word,which I have never wanted to use...the word is closure. We made a poster board for Jim with lots of the pix we had taken of him working alongside Reggie on the Tribe's plank canoe. We decorated it with shamrocks, American flags,NY Yankee logos, etc. Reggie also made a tribute area in our back yard~ Jim's fishing pole, a tall can of Coors, his camo-cap and an abalone shell with sage burning in it. I made Irish "Peasant Food". Shepherd's Pie, cabbage cooked with an entire pound of bacon, onions, apples and simmered in a broth made of chicken stock, applesauce, and Pinot Grigio! YUMMY! We had bread and I made raspberry/coconut/pecan bars for dessert. Oh yeah~ appetizers were shimp cocktails, and I made a mess of roasted red pepper hummus and othr assorted goodies. Beer, wine water and soda rounded out the menu. We had a great group of friends assembled, and we all raised a glass to Jim at 6PM~ while on the phone with Jim's 2 kids who were raising a glass in NY.

I see the new oncologist tomorrow...my heart is full of hope for a "good mix" and that things are as I have always hoped they would be!

Thanks for the scolding~ I know I need it...Reggie is giving me The Look...so, it's off to bed with me!

Love you all!
    Chen♥

Queen of empathy
    Chen,

what a traumatic experience to loose such a good friend, but as usual you know
    just WHAT to do. That's what I love and cherish about you so much. You have so
    much empathy for everyone surrounding you and always take that extra step to
    make people feel special. A very good example is you texting me to see if I am
    alright when you are in the midst of all this? I love all that you do but I think you
    need to take it easy on yourself. We need you and your witty analogues to guide
    us through this journey.

Take good care of yourself Schatzi!! Keeping my fingers crossed for your appointment.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • CypressCynthia
    chenheart said:

Love you all!
    Chen♥

OK where was R&R in the
    OK where was R&R in the preparation of that fit-for-king feast? LOL, I got tired reading about it. I repeat, after that onc visit, it is Chen time! You have to take good care of yourself because we all love you and need you here!
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Chen you are an amazing woman
    I am so sorry for your loss and want you to know that we are all here for you whenever need us. You have been through so much, I hope that you are already on the road to recovery!! Take care.

Helen