Options
13»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    cctiz said:

a pray for mommie
    Im so sorry, i was in ICU for 4 days after my first round but it was the combo of chemo and neulasta side effects all in one at the same time that made me so sick so i know what are you talking about - there is nothing to do but wait, my body had the same reaction but with lots of fluids i pulled through, first chemo is the worst, so many side effects but her oncologist has to do EVERYTHING possible to find out what happenend is so strange all this because before the first infussion they make sure everything is fine in her system with lots of blood work, onco has to come with an acceptable answer to all this - my heart goes out to you and love ones, let's just wait and hope for the best.

Keeping your Mom in my
    Keeping your Mom in my prayers.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

my friend has severe infection after 3d Chemo
    she was admitted to the hospital have had blood transfusion plus was on antibiotics vis IV for 7 days and 7 days orally after she was discharged. It was combination of low blood counts due to the Chemo plus infection through the port. Port was removed too.
    She has recovered and doing well.
    Have your Mom got a Neulasta shot for boosting white cells? Please do not accept "just one of very rare cases" explanation. Infection should be treated and white counts can be boosted. Her doctor has a boss, please reach out.
    Praying for your Mother full recovery

Sashes, we are all here to
    Sashes, we are all here to support you, so, if you need to vent, please post again. And, we'd like to know how your Mom and you are both doing too. Prayers for your Mom, you and for your family.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

Sashes so sorry you and mom have to go through this
    I have not gone through this but I just wanted to express my heartfelt sorrow
    for your mom's state and wish her the best of luck on her way to recovery. This
    must be hard on you.

Ayse

How is your Mom doing now
    How is your Mom doing now Sashes?

Jan
  • cctiz
    cctiz Member Posts: 47
    Options
    How is mom doing?
    Hi Sashes, when you have a chance can you please tell us how is your mom doing? Hope she feels well by now - all our love to her!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    cctiz said:

How is mom doing?
    Hi Sashes, when you have a chance can you please tell us how is your mom doing? Hope she feels well by now - all our love to her!

Praying for you and your
    Praying for you and your Mother. Please post again to let us know how you and your Mother are doing.

Hugs, Angie
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

my friend has severe infection after 3d Chemo
    she was admitted to the hospital have had blood transfusion plus was on antibiotics vis IV for 7 days and 7 days orally after she was discharged. It was combination of low blood counts due to the Chemo plus infection through the port. Port was removed too.
    She has recovered and doing well.
    Have your Mom got a Neulasta shot for boosting white cells? Please do not accept "just one of very rare cases" explanation. Infection should be treated and white counts can be boosted. Her doctor has a boss, please reach out.
    Praying for your Mother full recovery

My heart aches for you. I
    My heart aches for you. I am praying that your Mother will make a full recovery.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Praying for you and your
    Praying for you and your Mother. Please post again to let us know how you and your Mother are doing.

Hugs, Angie

Sashes, I am praying that
    Sashes, I am praying that your Mom is doing better. Will be watching for an update.

HUGS!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    camul said:

I have not heard of this but
    I think that prayers are in order. What an ordeal. I know the risks but we never hear much about the really severe ones.

I will keep you in my prayers.
    Carol

Praying that your Mother is
    Praying that your Mother is doing better Sashes. Please post an update when you have a chance.

Hugs, Lex
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about
    I am so sorry to hear about you Mom, How is she doing now? You are both in my prayers. Let us know how you Mom is doing when you get a chance.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    so sorry`
    to hear about your mom's reaction to Taxotere/Cytoxan. I certainly hope she wins the battle.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    LVG said:

Very sorry to hear this...
    I too, have stopped what I was doing and have said a prayer of encouragement, faith and strength for the family; One of much better health and healing for your precious Mom; and one of knowledge, understanding and answers for treatment - IMMEDIATELY for the medical staff in charge of and those surrounding your Mom's health.

We will all be thinking of you as you receive updates.

Hoping you will post an
    Hoping you will post an update for us soon. I've been thinking & praying for your Mom.
  • sashes14
    sashes14 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    UPDATE
    First off, I cannot thank all of you enough for your kind thoughts, support and prayers. Given your own battles, it truly meant the world to me and my family to read your posts and we will continue to pray for all of you each and every day. After spending 21 days in the ICU, a true miracle occurred on Friday, July 22. We received a call at 8am from the hospital ICU nurse saying that mom was asking for her family. Since mom has been in a medical induced coma for over 20 days and was basically non-responsive up until that phone call, we rushed to the hospital to find her sitting up and mouthing responses to the drs and nurses. She is trached so she is not vocal but we are very good lip readers. It was as if a light switch was flipped on overnight. She was discharged to a long term acute care facility on Friday afternoon in order to continue her longer term rehabilitation. She has a long road ahead of her but we are beyond overjoyed at the sheer fight and determination this woman has within her. We are prepared for many ups and downs on her long road to recovery however since she continues to ask for 'margaritas' (she's a little joke-ster), we know she is taking on the charge full-steam ahead. I have no doubt that your prayers have been heard. Again, thank you all so very, very much. Words really cannot express our most heartfelt gratitude and appreciation.
  • rutzetta
    rutzetta Member Posts: 174
    Options
    sashes14 said:

UPDATE
    First off, I cannot thank all of you enough for your kind thoughts, support and prayers. Given your own battles, it truly meant the world to me and my family to read your posts and we will continue to pray for all of you each and every day. After spending 21 days in the ICU, a true miracle occurred on Friday, July 22. We received a call at 8am from the hospital ICU nurse saying that mom was asking for her family. Since mom has been in a medical induced coma for over 20 days and was basically non-responsive up until that phone call, we rushed to the hospital to find her sitting up and mouthing responses to the drs and nurses. She is trached so she is not vocal but we are very good lip readers. It was as if a light switch was flipped on overnight. She was discharged to a long term acute care facility on Friday afternoon in order to continue her longer term rehabilitation. She has a long road ahead of her but we are beyond overjoyed at the sheer fight and determination this woman has within her. We are prepared for many ups and downs on her long road to recovery however since she continues to ask for 'margaritas' (she's a little joke-ster), we know she is taking on the charge full-steam ahead. I have no doubt that your prayers have been heard. Again, thank you all so very, very much. Words really cannot express our most heartfelt gratitude and appreciation.

God is Good....All the Time
    Thanks for the update! My prayers are with you during the recovery phase. Constance