Chemo Gone Horribly Wrong

Options

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    cavediver said:

Prayers your way
    so sorry to hear what your Mom is going through.... she and your family are in my prayers

I am so sorry about what
    I am so sorry about what happened to your Mom. I will keep her, you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs, Megan
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    cavediver said:

Prayers your way
    so sorry to hear what your Mom is going through.... she and your family are in my prayers

I am so sorry about what
    I am so sorry about what happened to your Mom. I will keep her, you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs, Megan
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    TKMomma said:

Three years my brother had
    Three years my brother had ibfection and eent into septic shock. We were told 20% chance to live. Scarry to see all those machines hooked to hin. He pulled thru and is alive and well. Keep the faith. Medicine can b amazing.

I'm sorry you and your Mom
    I'm sorry you and your Mom are going through this. I am sending prayers and hugs,
    Wanda
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Very sorry to hear this...
    I too, have stopped what I was doing and have said a prayer of encouragement, faith and strength for the family; One of much better health and healing for your precious Mom; and one of knowledge, understanding and answers for treatment - IMMEDIATELY for the medical staff in charge of and those surrounding your Mom's health.

We will all be thinking of you as you receive updates.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    TKMomma said:

Three years my brother had ibfection and eent into septic shock. We were told 20% chance to live. Scarry to see all those machines hooked to hin. He pulled thru and is alive and well. Keep the faith. Medicine can b amazing.

I am so sorry for you and
    I am so sorry for you and for what your poor Mom is going thru. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    TKMomma said:

double post
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    on the list
    Your family is on the prayer list.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    cavediver said:

Prayers your way

I will be praying for your
    I will be praying for your family!

Hugs, Kylez
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

on the list

Prayers and Thoughts
    Prayers and Thoughts to you, your family and your mother.I hope a miracle happens.I believe in them.I've been through alot of sickness.

Wish they knew where the infection was.Something similar happened to me.It is called misdiagnosis.It happens more than we know.Mine was a simple bladder infection.Treated with antibiotics.The most potent one as my doctor said.I still kept vomiting daily, running a fever and getting weaker all the time.Dehydrating.I was in the hospital 2 different times.The first was I had a infection.In for a week but doctor said time to go home with me still runnning a fever and a full body X ray that showed nothing.I tried to convince him to let me stay because the dietician said she needed to monitor me longer.NO my doctor said I was going home.I called him and went to emergency every day.He didn't admit me.Finally it was final.I could barely walk in his office.He was belligerent.Saying "NOW I have to put you on strong vitamin therapy(Had to have a line put in my neck down to my stomach". His associate just happened to be on duty that weekend.Asked me if they did a culture of my urine and check it for 3 days.NO it was never done.This doctor ordered it and in 3 days a simple antibiotic (amoxicillin) was given and in 2 hours my fever I had for a MONTH was gone. So after all that I ended up in the hospital for 1 month with that line in.Probably something like what your mom is going through but hers is much more serious.

SO I know sometimes infections can't be detected but very unlikely.They knew I had a bladder infection but I was treated with the wrong med for the type I had.Also the wrong diagnosis.It was not a simple bladder infection but a strep bladder infection.They are very dangerous left untreated.

Keep on those doctors.We are all thinking of your mother.I am 64 years old.My plans are to live till I am 94 like my aunts. You mom was healthy till this beast.I wish the best for her and remember "Believe in Miracles".I have had many illnesses and I always made it. I dont think I ever had a surgery that there werent complications.I always heard about them after the fact.

My friend who is a survivor had pretty much what your mom is going through.Allergic reactions with every treatment.Then was put in the hospital, treated and back again for another treatment. Her doctor told her the bc was fast growing and as much as he wished he could stop the chemo it had to continue and if need be she will go back in the hospial after every treatment.She did go back everytime.That was 6 years ago but her doctor told her his fear is "IF it ever comes back she will not likely live with chemo".

They just gotta find something and hopefully soon.

Lynn Smith
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

I'm sorry you and your Mom are going through this. I am sending prayers and hugs,
    Wanda

Prayers for support,
    Prayers for support, encouragement and lots of love!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Wanda

Prayers for support,
    Prayers for support, encouragement and lots of love!
  • jewels5
    jewels5 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Praying for your mom and family
    I'm so sorry your mom is faced with this. There is so much they can do these days to help people. Don't give up! Keep insisting on finding answers for her. I believe in miracles too, and your mom and family have my prayers. ((((Hugs))))

Julie
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    jewels5 said:

Praying for your mom and family
    I'm so sorry your mom is faced with this. There is so much they can do these days to help people. Don't give up! Keep insisting on finding answers for her. I believe in miracles too, and your mom and family have my prayers. ((((Hugs))))

Julie

I'm your mom's age and
    I'm your mom's age and although my circimstances were different, I want you to know that I survived and am doing quite well. I developed a raging infection at the surgical site before I even started chemo. They pumped me with antibiotics, started my chemo at which point my white counts tanked, so I got a neulasta shot after every infusion, and continued on the antibiotics until the time I started radiation. I was on antibiotics from September till end of april of the following year. I'm praying for your mom and your family.

Please keep us posted on mom's progress. Hugs and prayers.
  • cctiz
    cctiz Member Posts: 47
    Options
    a pray for mommie
    Im so sorry, i was in ICU for 4 days after my first round but it was the combo of chemo and neulasta side effects all in one at the same time that made me so sick so i know what are you talking about - there is nothing to do but wait, my body had the same reaction but with lots of fluids i pulled through, first chemo is the worst, so many side effects but her oncologist has to do EVERYTHING possible to find out what happenend is so strange all this because before the first infussion they make sure everything is fine in her system with lots of blood work, onco has to come with an acceptable answer to all this - my heart goes out to you and love ones, let's just wait and hope for the best.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    I have not heard of this but
    I think that prayers are in order. What an ordeal. I know the risks but we never hear much about the really severe ones.

I will keep you in my prayers.
    Carol
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    camul said:

I have not heard of this but
    I think that prayers are in order. What an ordeal. I know the risks but we never hear much about the really severe ones.

I will keep you in my prayers.
    Carol

Bumping Up
    Sashes, how's your mom doing?
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Sashes so sorry you and mom have to go through this
    I have not gone through this but I just wanted to express my heartfelt sorrow
    for your mom's state and wish her the best of luck on her way to recovery. This
    must be hard on you.

Ayse
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

on the list

I am sending prayers for
    I am sending prayers for your Mom and your family. I am so very sorry...
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    natly15 said:

I'm your mom's age and
    I'm your mom's age and although my circimstances were different, I want you to know that I survived and am doing quite well. I developed a raging infection at the surgical site before I even started chemo. They pumped me with antibiotics, started my chemo at which point my white counts tanked, so I got a neulasta shot after every infusion, and continued on the antibiotics until the time I started radiation. I was on antibiotics from September till end of april of the following year. I'm praying for your mom and your family.

Please keep us posted on mom's progress. Hugs and prayers.

Sending positive thoughts
    Sending positive thoughts and hugs! I will pray for you and your Mom.

Lex
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    I am So Sorry
    I will keep your mother and all of your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Pat