Options
2»

Comments

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Purrrrr......
    Sorry sweet! I have been admiring him from afar for years! I guess I got carried away! LMBO! Love the kitty! Purrrrr.

No worries...
    ...totally understandable!!! Lol
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Yesssss Jimbo!
    Thanks, and life IS good! Believe!

You are blessed!!
    It's amazing the number of people that we meet only occasionally and do not know personally who are or have been affected by cancer. It's sad that there are so many of us but encouraging that many are surviving longer.

We are all blessed to know you Patty!!!

Hugs,
    Glenna
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Yesssss Jimbo!
    Thanks, and life IS good! Believe!

Hi Patty
    I need to know where was this picture taking at, I love the Ocean in the back ground and the Mexican looking style hotel

Hondo
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Patty
    I need to know where was this picture taking at, I love the Ocean in the back ground and the Mexican looking style hotel

Hondo

Patty
    Good to hear from you again. Very interesting read about your Dr. Cool that he's doing okay, too. Methinks, though, that it is remotely possible you may enjoy him playing Doctor with you a little too much, by your amorous description of him! And, judging by your picture, who can blame him for doing his part in this, this, this...thing you got going-on?! Hey- great to hear from you.

Believe

kcass
  • pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

Patty
    Good to hear from you again. Very interesting read about your Dr. Cool that he's doing okay, too. Methinks, though, that it is remotely possible you may enjoy him playing Doctor with you a little too much, by your amorous description of him! And, judging by your picture, who can blame him for doing his part in this, this, this...thing you got going-on?! Hey- great to hear from you.

Believe

kcass

Whoo hoo!
    Hi Kent! Lol! I was one of his first patients when he first started. He did a cataract on me in 2007, which happened to be in the eye I had injured at 17 yrs old. I had very little vision until he did the surgery, and as he was performing the lasar, I could actually see the ceiling of the operating room! It was amazing! I could see for the first time in 30 years! So I admire him and am very grateful to him. I am sorry to say "our relationship" is a one-sided fantasy on my part! Lol! Thanks for the compliment - Lol! You are too sweet. Hope you are doing well, and good to see your face! Love & Prayers, Patty
  • pattyanny
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Patty

Hondo

Hi Hondo, This was taken
    Hi Hondo, This was taken last weekend in Ocean Grove, New Jersey. I stayed in a Victorian B&B across from the beach. It was just gorgeous, and looong overdue!
  • pattyanny
    Options
    Glenna M said:

You are blessed!!
    It's amazing the number of people that we meet only occasionally and do not know personally who are or have been affected by cancer. It's sad that there are so many of us but encouraging that many are surviving longer.

We are all blessed to know you Patty!!!

Hugs,
    Glenna

Glenna, my friend
    I am blessed to have you in my life! It is so sad,to see the site growing in numbers everyday, and I had to stay away awhile. It is heart-wrenching to read some posts, and I felt so helpless,and overwhelmed. And yes, it is encouraging that there is ALWAYS hope. We have to continue to fight and believe! Thank you Glenna, God has his hand on you!
    Love, Patty
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Hi Hondo, This was taken
    Hi Hondo, This was taken last weekend in Ocean Grove, New Jersey. I stayed in a Victorian B&B across from the beach. It was just gorgeous, and looong overdue!

Nice to see you Patty...
    ...your picture is great, your attitude is great, and I wish you continued NED with your August PET. Loved reading the little cat fight between you and Sweet. Gave me a little chuckle.
    I have to say when reading your observations about seeing your docotor's (handsome doctor's) battle scars, I just had to share how I talked to Mark recently about his. When he was post op with 3 drains in his neck, hundreds of staples seeming to hold his head on, and a tube up his nose, I helped him walk to his firt appointment after discharge. Everyone LOOKED at him, it was really like I was walking with Frankenstein's monster...but strangely enough, I was extremely proud to have the worst looking guy at this big university hospital. And today, with part of his neck missing and the scars on his neck which are more apparent in the summer, I see these new features as such a sign of strength, and again I am very proud. I imagine it is similiar to spouses whose partners come back from war...it does not matter how battered they are...they are the strongest most amazing person in their eyes.
    Patty, surgery or no surgery, all of you who have fought this battle have scars. I am everyday honored to have crossed paths with each and everyone here on these boards. Mark's scars will never let us forget.
    Best always,
    Kim
  • pattyanny
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

Nice to see you Patty...
    ...your picture is great, your attitude is great, and I wish you continued NED with your August PET. Loved reading the little cat fight between you and Sweet. Gave me a little chuckle.
    I have to say when reading your observations about seeing your docotor's (handsome doctor's) battle scars, I just had to share how I talked to Mark recently about his. When he was post op with 3 drains in his neck, hundreds of staples seeming to hold his head on, and a tube up his nose, I helped him walk to his firt appointment after discharge. Everyone LOOKED at him, it was really like I was walking with Frankenstein's monster...but strangely enough, I was extremely proud to have the worst looking guy at this big university hospital. And today, with part of his neck missing and the scars on his neck which are more apparent in the summer, I see these new features as such a sign of strength, and again I am very proud. I imagine it is similiar to spouses whose partners come back from war...it does not matter how battered they are...they are the strongest most amazing person in their eyes.
    Patty, surgery or no surgery, all of you who have fought this battle have scars. I am everyday honored to have crossed paths with each and everyone here on these boards. Mark's scars will never let us forget.
    Best always,
    Kim

How true Kimba!
    Only a true partner, wife, caregiver who loves a person unconditionally will feel the way you do about Mark. His "scars" are a sign of strength - a badge of honor! You are an amazing woman Kimba! I pray for his good health and healing. As I know from experience, a lot of spouses leave when the going gets rough. You two make a great team, and I know the best of life is ahead! Enjoy each day, you both are truly blessed to have found each other & have endured!
    My Dr, is very handsome, yes - even with no hair and the dissection scars. What makes him so attractive is his spirit - it has not diminished, and even seems to shine stronger! May God bless you both, and thank you for your post!
    Love & prayers Kimba & Mark,
    Patty
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Hi Hondo, This was taken

Hi Patty

My Wife and I are leaving to go to Honduras Friday for 3 weeks. Normally I go by myself but because of all the medical problems I had last years with infections in my head she will not let me go alone anymore as it almost killed me. But I will still get to stand on the shore line and look out over the Ocean and feel the salt spray in my face. Sometimes I wish I was a fish, a big fish because the little get eaten, lol

Glad you enjoyed yourself, like you said looong overdue
    Hondo
  • pattyanny
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Patty

My Wife and I are leaving to go to Honduras Friday for 3 weeks. Normally I go by myself but because of all the medical problems I had last years with infections in my head she will not let me go alone anymore as it almost killed me. But I will still get to stand on the shore line and look out over the Ocean and feel the salt spray in my face. Sometimes I wish I was a fish, a big fish because the little get eaten, lol

Glad you enjoyed yourself, like you said looong overdue
    Hondo

Vacation - Oh yeah!
    I know how you love it there Hondo, and glad you and your wife are getting away! The ocean air is so refreshing and calming. The water was just perfect! I did venture into the water just a bit, but the under tow was sooo strong, I was afraid I would end up in Honduras! Lol! I don't blame your wife for sticking to you like glue after last years infections. Besides, she wants you around for your anniversary! Early congratulations on THAT milestone! Wow! You two are blessed! Enjoy you vacation! Love Patty