Marsha Mulvey -- How are you doing, dear one?

Options
VickiSam
VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
We continue to hold you closed to our 'hearts', and in prayer. Please post when possible.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Comments

• Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    thanks for asking!
    I'm doing alright. On this roller coaster ride I'm currently at a high point, feeling good and optimistic. After 2 very tough weeks when starting Tykerb and Xeloda together, the third week was good with just Tykerb. I just finished the 1st week (2nd round) with Xeloda and it was a good week (only 5 more days in this round - then another week off Xeloda-yeah!). Even when I had my Zometa infusion a week ago, there was very little muscle and bone soreness. Not scheduled to see my onc until July 22 and I believe we'll schedule another scan soon after that. Just hoping and praying that this combo is working! I'm still working and doing shopping, cleaning, etc. Life goes on!

These two drugs come in pill form and must come through a "specialty pharmacy". The first round had it's problems - getting everything ordered and shipped - but we finally got the kinks out. Round 2 was even worse. US BIOSERVICES contacted me saying AETNA would no longer approve for me to get the drugs through them because Aetna now has there own "specialty pharmacy". So...I had to go through all the frustrations again! Hopefully it's all ironed out now. I'll find out next week! (when it's time to reorder Xeloda)

Best wishes to all, I'll be in touch. Marsha

P.S. Did this even make sense?
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options

thanks for asking!
    I'm doing alright. On this roller coaster ride I'm currently at a high point, feeling good and optimistic. After 2 very tough weeks when starting Tykerb and Xeloda together, the third week was good with just Tykerb. I just finished the 1st week (2nd round) with Xeloda and it was a good week (only 5 more days in this round - then another week off Xeloda-yeah!). Even when I had my Zometa infusion a week ago, there was very little muscle and bone soreness. Not scheduled to see my onc until July 22 and I believe we'll schedule another scan soon after that. Just hoping and praying that this combo is working! I'm still working and doing shopping, cleaning, etc. Life goes on!

These two drugs come in pill form and must come through a "specialty pharmacy". The first round had it's problems - getting everything ordered and shipped - but we finally got the kinks out. Round 2 was even worse. US BIOSERVICES contacted me saying AETNA would no longer approve for me to get the drugs through them because Aetna now has there own "specialty pharmacy". So...I had to go through all the frustrations again! Hopefully it's all ironed out now. I'll find out next week! (when it's time to reorder Xeloda)

Marsha,
    It's great that the

Marsha,

It's great that the drugs are tolerable for you. I know we will all be praying for this drugs to zap the cancer.

Judy
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options

thanks for asking!

Yes it did make sense!
    And I'm sooo happy you're feeling better. I'm praying this drug will work! What a pain the Insurance Company can be. Glad it's ironed out.

Please continue to let us know your progress.

BIG hugs,

Sylvia
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    sea60 said:

Yes it did make sense!
    And I'm sooo happy you're feeling better. I'm praying this drug will work! What a pain the Insurance Company can be. Glad it's ironed out.

BIG hugs,

Sylvia

Marsha thank you for posting
    I am glad to see your post and learn that you have been working and shopping. Please keep us posted.
    Hugs
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Yes it did make sense!

BIG hugs,

Sylvia

Very glad to know that you
    Very glad to know that you are feeling a lot better Marsha! I am praying that the chemo will keep working and that you will continue to not feel as bad as you did on them.

Thanks for updating us as we all worry about you.

Lots of hugs and prayers for you,

Sue :)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    poplolly said:

Marsha,
    It's great that the

Marsha,

It's great that the drugs are tolerable for you. I know we will all be praying for this drugs to zap the cancer.

Judy

Praying for you
    Praying for you Marsha!

Hugs, Jan
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options

thanks for asking!

My Best Wishes
    I continue to read your postings, Marsha. You are one brave lady and I admire your spirit.

My cancer in the lungs returned. I am taking a break from Femara and hope to reboot in a few months.

Best wishes with lots of positive thoughts being send your way that the new combination work.

Aren't insurance companies something.

Best,

Doris

Leaving for some R&R more rest than anything else for a few months. I won't be online for a while. Hoping when I return I hear good news.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    SIROD said:

My Best Wishes
    I continue to read your postings, Marsha. You are one brave lady and I admire your spirit.

My cancer in the lungs returned. I am taking a break from Femara and hope to reboot in a few months.

Best wishes with lots of positive thoughts being send your way that the new combination work.

Aren't insurance companies something.

Best,

Doris

Leaving for some R&R more rest than anything else for a few months. I won't be online for a while. Hoping when I return I hear good news.

Praying for you Marsha and
    Praying for you Marsha and you too SIROD!

Hugs,

Megan
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Praying for you Marsha and
    Praying for you Marsha and you too SIROD!

Hugs,

Megan

Wow, Marsha
    so good to hear you're able to continue working and shopping (cleaning I'm not so sure about). Hope this new chemo combo does its job.

Suzanne
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Marsha
    I'm glad you posted and that it sounds like you're coping with the new drugs. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Wow, Marsha
    so good to hear you're able to continue working and shopping (cleaning I'm not so sure about). Hope this new chemo combo does its job.

Suzanne

I am praying for you Marsha.
    I am praying for you Marsha. And, those darn insurance companies! Hoping it all gets straightened out for you. Please keep us updated.

Hugs,

Kylez
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Marsha
    I'm glad you posted and that it sounds like you're coping with the new drugs. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char

You know Marsha that I pray
    You know Marsha that I pray for you daily! You are one of the sweetest and strongest pink sisters I have had the pleasure of knowing!

Thanks for the update and keep them coming!

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options

thanks for asking!

Yes it did. I agree with
    Yes it did. I agree with the frustrations with the insurance and prescriptions, they just don't make it easy to manuver.

Hope it continues to go well for you.
    ~Carol
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options

thanks for asking!

Sending hugs and good wishes
    Sending hugs and good wishes your way!!! You are incredible: so brave and caring--a true inspiration to us all.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

You know Marsha that I pray
    You know Marsha that I pray for you daily! You are one of the sweetest and strongest pink sisters I have had the pleasure of knowing!

Thanks for the update and keep them coming!

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣

So glad you're feeling better, Marsha
    And, yes, unfortunately many of us do know what you're talking about with the red tape of insurance companies, etc. Glad you got that worked out. You should just have to concentrate on feeling better.

Positive energy coming your way today.

Hugs, Renee
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Sending hugs and good wishes
    Sending hugs and good wishes your way!!! You are incredible: so brave and caring--a true inspiration to us all.

I'm sending lots of cyber
    I'm sending lots of cyber hugs and prayers to you Marsha!

Lex