The hardest part...

Options
2»

Comments

• luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    STAY STRONG
    Hi Glenna, first off, Prayers and positive thoughts from my family to yours. I cannot immagine what you are going through, but offer my support to you. There are allot of members here who have successfully battled through one or more re occurrances, and that is really encouraging.

I admire your strength and positive attitude, and thank you dearly for your kind thoughts to my posts.

We are all here for you my friend.

Best!!

Mike
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Options
    Ouch :(
    You are in my thoughts, my friend.

A friend of mine on this site said of her own battle once, "If they give me five years, that will be time enough for them to find a way to give me five more, and given five more, that will be time enough for them to give me five more..." I always admired that spirit in her and believe that I see the same in you.

As always, Glenna: Hope and Humor!

Take care,

Joe
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options

A friend of mine on this site said of her own battle once, "If they give me five years, that will be time enough for them to find a way to give me five more, and given five more, that will be time enough for them to give me five more..." I always admired that spirit in her and believe that I see the same in you.

Take care,

Joe

Here for ya
    Glenna,

Just as you've been there for so many others on this site, know that there are a LOT of us here for you, all in your corner! And I'm definitely there for ya!!

Sending positive thoughts and even more mojo!!

Greg
  • tesa
    tesa Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Here for ya
    Glenna,

Just as you've been there for so many others on this site, know that there are a LOT of us here for you, all in your corner! And I'm definitely there for ya!!

Sending positive thoughts and even more mojo!!

Greg

my prayers are sincerely
    my prayers are sincerely with you. never give up
  • KareGiver
    KareGiver Member Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    tesa said:

my prayers are sincerely
    my prayers are sincerely with you. never give up

Clearly...
    You have alot of support here. Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way...
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Put me on Your Team
    Wow the numbers that are reaching out to you is amazing. This Forum is special. If there is room please put me on your support team. Prayers being sent out with force.

John

Love your attitude! I am ready for the Battle!!!!!! and we all here are with you.
  • hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

Put me on Your Team
    Wow the numbers that are reaching out to you is amazing. This Forum is special. If there is room please put me on your support team. Prayers being sent out with force.

John

Love your attitude! I am ready for the Battle!!!!!! and we all here are with you.

We're behind you !!
    Glenna,
    Get up tomorrow and get ready to kick cancers a** one more time. Someone on here has had 3 bouts, Hondo I think. So he is the messenger that is telling you to keep on keepin on!
    Go get em and keep us updated....I will definitely add you to my prayer list kiddo...
    all the best,
    Steve
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

Take care,

Joe

Joe, I remember...
    I remember the post you are referring to and was thinking of it when I saw my oncologist two years ago and I told him basically the same thing. He said we can't cure you and I said I could accept that as long as he could buy me 5 more years.

The woman who wrote that is one of the strongest women I have had the pleasure to meet so any comparison to her is a compliment that I will graciously accept.

I'm hanging onto the hope and looking for the humor :) That's a hint to you Joe that you need to start writing again. Your blogs always make me smile!!

Stay well,
    Glenna
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    hawk711 said:

We're behind you !!
    Glenna,
    Get up tomorrow and get ready to kick cancers a** one more time. Someone on here has had 3 bouts, Hondo I think. So he is the messenger that is telling you to keep on keepin on!
    Go get em and keep us updated....I will definitely add you to my prayer list kiddo...
    all the best,
    Steve

Thank you all...
    I had wanted to respond to each person individually to thank each of you for your prayers, encouragement, hugs and love. Unfortunately I wasn't able to keep up with the responses so I will have to settle for one big THANK YOU to all of you!!!!!!!!!!

The outpouring of love from everyone has brought more tears, but these are good tears.

Knowing that I have all of you in my corner for support and encouragement is enough to see me through any upcoming battles. I will win this battle because of all of you, because none of you will let me give up and you will encourage and push me to fight harder.

Thank you all and please know that I will still be here for all of you. Helping others here is one of the things that help me stay strong.

Love you all!!!!
    Glenna
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Thank you all...
    I had wanted to respond to each person individually to thank each of you for your prayers, encouragement, hugs and love. Unfortunately I wasn't able to keep up with the responses so I will have to settle for one big THANK YOU to all of you!!!!!!!!!!

The outpouring of love from everyone has brought more tears, but these are good tears.

Knowing that I have all of you in my corner for support and encouragement is enough to see me through any upcoming battles. I will win this battle because of all of you, because none of you will let me give up and you will encourage and push me to fight harder.

Thank you all and please know that I will still be here for all of you. Helping others here is one of the things that help me stay strong.

Love you all!!!!
    Glenna

Hi Glenna

Always remember when you walk through those doors and prepare for your treatment you will never be alone. The God of our fathers will be right there to protect you and the prayers of your friends to help give you strength.

Hondo
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Glenna
    My thoughts are with you and yours. Got a chuckle from your 'big girl panties' remark. Stay strong and remember we are with you. Cheers

Jimbo
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Battle
    So sorry, Glenna, to hear of your bad news. After the shock, we somehow try to accept it and live each day. Thinking of you at this difficult time. Karen
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Battle
    So sorry, Glenna, to hear of your bad news. After the shock, we somehow try to accept it and live each day. Thinking of you at this difficult time. Karen

Sorry to hear the news. Now,
    Sorry to hear the news. Now, it's time to jump into your big girl panties and kick sume cancer butt!!! Will add you to my prayer list.
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Glenna, So sorry to hear
    Glenna, So sorry to hear this news. In this case it's not about the woman in the fight but the fight in the Woman. I can honestly say I HATE cancer, it's the sneakiest disease originating from the devil himself. It just doesn't fight fair. Wishing you nothing but the BEST. Never give up, Homer & Connie
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Big Girl Panties
    OK, take the wet big girl panties off (wet from those tears)....

Time for combat boots, camo panties and bazooka's......

We're gonna blast the smile off of cancer's face and send it packin.....

Stay strong, keep smilin, be defiant....never ever give up.

~John
  • Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Options

Glenna, So sorry to hear
    Glenna, So sorry to hear this news. In this case it's not about the woman in the fight but the fight in the Woman. I can honestly say I HATE cancer, it's the sneakiest disease originating from the devil himself. It just doesn't fight fair. Wishing you nothing but the BEST. Never give up, Homer & Connie

GLENNA
    Sending you healing hugs and prayers and all the strength you need to fight this monster yet again. You can do it -- you are a strong woman and have an army of fighters lined up behind you. you've come too far to give up -- stay strong. Ingrid
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Aw ****
    So sorry to read this today Glenna. I'll be sending some prayers for healing up high for ya. Kick some ****.

AB
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options

Aw ****
    So sorry to read this today Glenna. I'll be sending some prayers for healing up high for ya. Kick some ****.

AB

GLENNA!!!!!!!
    I started writing this post with a "I hate cancer" reaction. Then realized I am writing what we ALL feel, and it may be best to write in the positive instead of the negative. Fact is, I have been off the boards for a while, relaxing in the "not thinking" about cancer. Not being on the boards does not mean cancer is not sneaking around doing its dirty work on people I care about; and I am most saddened to hear this news Glenna. I most certainly believe you will be strong, you will do battle, and your doctors will give it everything they have got. I know your family will rally around you, as will your CSN family. I know a man who is surviving advanced stage lung very well. So I know you can; I just wish you didn't have to. As we know, Jim in Delaware is also facing fighting lung cancer. I read one of his posts where he says treatment for lung is a "walk in the park" compared to head and neck. Again, I just wish you didn't have to. You are good people, Glenna. That comes through loud and clear on this board. You give, and often do not put out what you need. I hope you take us all into battle with you. Some of us have very good experience. Behind you all the way, Glenna.
    Love,
    Kim