• miccmill
    miccmill Member Posts: 248
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

Sweet
    woops

Wow
    You're a photographer AND an artist.

I love the pastel. How long have you been an artist?

I would buy that pastel at an art show. It's just exactly my style.

You live in a beautiful area. As beautiful as it is, I wonder if I'd miss neighbors. I've lived in the city for the last 24 years.

Lisa
  • ellamenno
    ellamenno Member Posts: 142 Member
    Options

laurie
    my nikon is an L120 21x zoom. it has the macro function which i really love. that would be the button that broke on my last camera. i use it all the time.

i'm not sure what you mean about the pastel on the computer?? i drew it, and i used oil pastels (chalk like ones) and oil pastel pencils. the paper is almost like a very super fine grain sand paper.

i can tell you i never want to do bricks again. what pain! it took me 4-5 weeks working on tuesdays. about 20 hrs or so.

thank you glenna, and karegiver.

My bad...
    I thought the pastel was a re-colored photo...ya know like photoshop. I didn't realize it was an actual drawing. I guess you could say it's as pretty as a picture just like you! Aaarghh...what you must have been thinking:)

Peace,

Laurie
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    ellamenno said:

My bad...
    I thought the pastel was a re-colored photo...ya know like photoshop. I didn't realize it was an actual drawing. I guess you could say it's as pretty as a picture just like you! Aaarghh...what you must have been thinking:)

Peace,

Laurie

Laurie
    Oooh! I had no idea what you meant there. I guess I should be flattered if you thought it was a Photoshoped photo.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    miccmill said:

Wow
    You're a photographer AND an artist.

I love the pastel. How long have you been an artist?

I would buy that pastel at an art show. It's just exactly my style.

You live in a beautiful area. As beautiful as it is, I wonder if I'd miss neighbors. I've lived in the city for the last 24 years.

Lisa

Lisa
    How long have I been an artist? I've just always liked to do crafty stuff. Not really an artist. I have done mixed media art projects using rubber stamps, calligraphy, and have had a few pieces published in magazines. I even got a cover once. I loved to do scrapbooking also. Just started one again after a 4 year dry spell. My niece graduated high school. I'm doing an easy book for her.

I wouldn't say I'm a photographer either. I just like to take pix, and I have a decent eye.

I love where I live. I don't think I could live in town anymore. Never mind the city. I am originally from NYC. I wouldn't want to go back. When I first left my ex, I moved here to my parents farm. When the divorce was final, I finally found a house in town I could afford. I wasn't sure I could deal with living in town right off the main street. Thank God I couldn't get a clear title and I fell through, because I was diagnosed like right after I would have been closing on the house! That would have been a disaster. I suppose it's true that everything happens for a reason.

I moved out of NY when I was 22. (1990). I love it out here. No neighbors to bug you. 140 acres of privacy. :)
    It's a little sanctuary.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    ratface said:

Sold my Suburu and bought a camera
    How wonderfully poetic, don't let Suburu find you. Great to see you enjoying life. Appreciate the oppurtunity to view your pictures. You might inspire me to get a new photo for my avatar as that one is pre diagnosis. It looks like you're moving on girl!

Ratface
    Yeah, I bought a used Toyota last year and I finally got rid of my old car. My step mom found the buyer so I split the cash with her. :) she got her hair done and got my niece her prom dress.

You should post a new pic. I always like to update mine every few months cause I get bored quickly. Lol. That one was around a long time because I am always using my iPhone and not my lap top. I cannot change my picture on the phone or I'd probably have a new one every month. :)
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options

thanks
    thank you all for the compliments. you guys are no nice to say that.

adventurebob, actually, my hand is on my hip there too, but you cannot see it because i cropped it. i think that is my signature stance. people have picked on me for years for standing hand(s) on hip all the time. lol

apparently i have a little attitude behind my 5'2'' frame. maybe it comes from being the boss so long....

Attitude
    I see it in your new avatar. Kind of a "don't f with me" look. You look good though Sweet. Very strong.

Bob
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Lelia said:

you need an agent.
    Your work made my day, fantastic & inspiring. I concur with the positive comments on your new avatar, that's a perfect haircut, boy are you cute!

You've got a nice avatar too Lelia.

Bob
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Wow
    Thank You
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

john, they are not prismacolor
    something like dewert kah ni orr. i dont have them with me i can check when i get home.

Koh-I-Noor
    Is probably the name you are thinking...they do drawing type supples, graphics, pens, pencil, pastels, conte'.... I've heard of Dewert watercolor pencils too, haven't tried them.

I mainly stick with Prismacolor, or the harder ones called Verithin, also made by Prismacolor for any graphics or colored drawingd I do......

The ones in the links above are mainly Prismacolor, and Verithin for some sharp detail....

JG
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Koh-I-Noor
    Is probably the name you are thinking...they do drawing type supples, graphics, pens, pencil, pastels, conte'.... I've heard of Dewert watercolor pencils too, haven't tried them.

I mainly stick with Prismacolor, or the harder ones called Verithin, also made by Prismacolor for any graphics or colored drawingd I do......

The ones in the links above are mainly Prismacolor, and Verithin for some sharp detail....

JG

Koh - I - noor
    I've been trying to think of that for days! I kept asking conne what the name of that diamond was in the one crown jewels in England because I think it's the same name. She couldn't remember though.

I have their water color pencils, and I liked them. I could not find Prismacolor OIL pastel pencils. My friend told me they should be oil, so I didn't want to spend on the wrong thing. As you know they are not cheap. I took back a harness that was too small for Nizzy and I got the pencils with that money. If I had better control and dexterity I would have just used her chalks. They are fine for filling in color, but I cannot do the detail with them. I've got like no control over them. Doesn't help with the numb fingers.
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Pam M said:

Wow
    Thank You

Sweet & John!
    Love your profile pic Dawn! Plus you both have such artistic talent! Keep posting pic's of your wonderfull work!
    Hugg's Roz
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Photos and Pastel
    Wow, are you ever talented. The pastel is lovely. Nice to see another side of forum members not associated with C. Thorougly enjoyed the pictures. Karen
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Photos and Pastel
    Wow, are you ever talented. The pastel is lovely. Nice to see another side of forum members not associated with C. Thorougly enjoyed the pictures. Karen

Thanks Pam, Roz and Karen.
    Thanks Pam, Roz and Karen. It is fun to see our lives outside of cancer. I think that's why I like my CSN Facebook friends so much. Which reminds me. If anyone here is on Facebook, and would like to connect there, PM me and I will send you my name.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    rozaroo said:

Sweet & John!
    Love your profile pic Dawn! Plus you both have such artistic talent! Keep posting pic's of your wonderfull work!
    Hugg's Roz

Thanks Roz
    I'm going to have to think on something to incorporate Dawn's Ruby Throated Hummingbird. We have a lot of Pentas that I've seen Hummingbirds visit often. I also planted several of the Milk Weed Plants this spring and we've had a lot of Monarch butterflies on them, and now they have several of the Monarch caterpillars.

JG