Pink Gloves On - Back in the ring for Round 3!!

Options

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    kya911 said:

No one should have to go
    No one should have to go through this three times.
    I am so sorry this has happened to you.
    Judy

Well I hear ya as this is my
    Well I hear ya as this is my third time. I had a local recurrence after mastectomy in 1995 and am here to tell the tale. I had radiation. So keep faith and keep letting us know how you are . As you are, I am hoping third times the charm!
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Oh man, Debbie--I am so
    Oh man, Debbie--I am so sorry. You have my prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. The Mayo is supposed to be one of the best hospitals anywhere for cancer.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    sorry
    So sorry to hear of your reoccurence, Debbie. Pretty much the same thing happened with me, with a local reoccurence under my mastectomy/implant site - mine was not a lump, but an area of hardness. Everyone assumed it was scar tissue, but it was cancer, triple negative, stage 3C. I did chemo first, then surgery to remove the implant and 14 more nodes, then radiation, finishing with everything in October. I decided not to do reconstruction this time, as I don't want to go through more surgery - I've had enough! My prayers are with you as you embark on this journey yet again. We are all here with you, sending our love and support, and encircling you with a gigantic loving circle of hugs and prayers. Love, Linda
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Sending Prayers and lots of
    Sending Prayers and lots of Hugs.

Donna
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Where to start, what to say...
    this is always my initial reaction when I see a recurrence post (my least favorite kinda post).
    So if you were in front of me, I wouldn't say anything but give you a big warm comforting hug.
    Hugs are funny that way, they pick up where words leave off.

The first thing I noticed about you was your name, it was amazing to me, it reflected your
    wonderful attitude. And somehow you managed to uphold that incredible attitude through
    it all. If we had our own version of the hall of fame, maybe hall of the brave, you would have
    my vote.

You already know we are here for you, though judging from you calmness and your willingness
    to fight this fight again, it looks like if anything you will be here for us as an amazing example
    of grace and courage.

Love,
    Ayse
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    poplolly said:

Oh man, Debbie--I am so
    Oh man, Debbie--I am so sorry. You have my prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. The Mayo is supposed to be one of the best hospitals anywhere for cancer.

You know I am praying for
    You know I am praying for you and I am adding some hugs too!

So sorry,

Kylez
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    This is just wrong.
    None of us should have to go through this once let alone 3 times. I am sorry you have to do this again. I will keep you in my thoughts and send you positive energy to help you through.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    ladyg said:

This is just wrong.
    None of us should have to go through this once let alone 3 times. I am sorry you have to do this again. I will keep you in my thoughts and send you positive energy to help you through.

Hugs,
    Georgia

That's too much
    Three times in three years is way too many times. I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. Sending prayers and hugs and hopes tht your visit to Mayo will put things into perspective and provide some peace for you. I keep saying this, but I mean it - I hate cancer!

Suzanne
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

That's too much
    Three times in three years is way too many times. I'm so sorry you have to go through this again. Sending prayers and hugs and hopes tht your visit to Mayo will put things into perspective and provide some peace for you. I keep saying this, but I mean it - I hate cancer!

Suzanne

Debbie
    I am very sorry and my heart goes out to you. I am glad that you are seeking a second opinion and changing your medical team. I wish you clean Scans and no surprises in your fight.
    As far as DIEP reconstruction it is a very demanding procedure, which you can do later after finishing other treatment.
    You always admire your positive attitude and proactive approach. Please know that we are here for you and will fight with you to win.
    Hugs
  • Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320
    Options

Debbie
    I am very sorry and my heart goes out to you. I am glad that you are seeking a second opinion and changing your medical team. I wish you clean Scans and no surprises in your fight.
    As far as DIEP reconstruction it is a very demanding procedure, which you can do later after finishing other treatment.
    You always admire your positive attitude and proactive approach. Please know that we are here for you and will fight with you to win.
    Hugs

Third Time is a Charm
    I'm so sorry, Debbie about your news. Just remember; Third time's a charm! I am sending you happy wishes and loving prayers for your easy recovery.

Be Well,
    Dianne
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hey Debbie,
    I am so sorry that the beast has returned. However, I know how strong you are and how much of a fighter you are! You can beat this again!!!!! Know that we are all here for you. Keep us posted. xoxo, Jean
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Say is isn't so!
    So sorry that you are going thru this a 3rd time. Once was MORE than enough! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck at Mayo Clinic,
    Hugs,
    Marcy
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    canoegirl said:

Say is isn't so!
    So sorry that you are going thru this a 3rd time. Once was MORE than enough! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    Marcy

I am sorry that you have to
    I am sorry that you have to fight this again after such a short time. I am also admire your resolve and your fighting attitude. While that won't change what you will have to do it will make it easier, I think, to go through it. It's not that a positive, strong attitude changes anything phyically but emotionally when we can concentrate on the fight and focus it does help. At least it has for me. Not that there won't be moments of anger, panic, fear etc. but they will lessened when you have the no nonsense what do I need to do spirit. My prayers will be with you and big hugs are coming your way.
    Stef
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    All I have are hugs,
    All I have are hugs, positive energy, and prayers...and you may certainly have them all. I wish I had the right words...

Hugs,

Linda
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    canoegirl said:

Say is isn't so!

Hugs,
    Marcy

This just is not right nor
    This just is not right nor fair Debbie! I am so sorry and I am here to support you as the other pink sisters.

Hugs, Jan
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    Debbie,
    Im so sorry to hear

Debbie,

Im so sorry to hear these news. Hope you get better news at the Mayo Clinic. Praying for you my sister.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

That's too much

Suzanne

Praying your visit to Mayo
    Praying your visit to Mayo will bring you good news and not bad news. I hate cancer and I am so sorry that you are dealing with this a third time.

Hugs, Lex
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Debbie, I am so
    sorry you or ANYONE has to deal with "C" two let alone three times! Don't beat yourself up over "what if's", been there, done that amd it's water under the bridge now. You sound like you are taking charge and doing the right thing...I hope and pray they knock this out for good!

Sending my hugs,

Sylvia
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Debbie
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Debbie
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dear Sweet Debbie .. My Turn, AGAIN
    I am sad by this new development, as well as the damn word cancer. Back again, hard to imagine what you are going thru, emotionally. Life, as well as this dreaded breast is so unfair.

I will not bore you with trivial stats, I will however encourage you to seek the best possible medical help, doctors and staff available to you thru insurance.

Having any health care professional brush off any concerns we have as a cancer patient, makes my blood boil!!!! How insensitive!

Debbie -- You are a Strong Warrior -- and you have the fortitude to stay on the course, fight the battle, and come out victorious!

My heart goes out to you, and I pray the very best for you.

Strength, Courage, and Hope.

Vicki Sam