just received diagnosis

Options
13»

Comments

• calderonjensen
    calderonjensen Member Posts: 20
    Options
    jendrey said:

Hi ConnieCal - sorry you have cause to be here, but glad you found us.

One thing that I found helpful is to have a notebook so you can take it with you to write things down from the doctor and/or to journal your thoughts. I happen to write backwards so I'm not bothered that anybody will be reading as I'm writing or even afterwards for that matter; leastways not without a mirror or such. (and I'd notice something like THAT! =)

Oh, and also pick up one of those plastic bins/box. They go for around $5 or so at Target or Wal-mart. Into this box will go all of the STUFF that your well-meaning-but-totally-clueless friends, family, neighbors, fellow parishioners and yes, even total strangers will thrust, er, ahem, will give you. They will give whatever to you because for the most part many will feel helpless and this is something that they CAN do.

Put anything and everything into this box and that way when YOU feel like it you can review it. Otherwise you may find it taxing and a real energy drainer. Like that book by Suzanne Somers for instance, into the box it goes. Enough energy spent already on deciding whether or not to read it. Problem solved. =)

ConnieCal, you're welcome to come here anytime day or night and for any reason even just to vent. The only dumb question is the unasked one. We care and we are here for you - we are your sisters in pink! We so get it here.

Awesome!
    Jendrey-thank you so much for the great note. I love the bin idea...unfortunately my husband is the one with the Summer's book...he's reading it from cover to cover. But I now tell him I'm busy reading a book by a real doctor, "Anti Cancer" it was recommended by a few of the sister in pink. That is the only book I'm taking with me on vacation (beside all the free books on my iPad!)

I just happen to have a new journal a friend gave me a year back...time to put it to use.
    I really love this site! I will be checking in while on vacation to see how others are doing.

Thank you for your kinds words of support!

Be Well,

ConnieCal