My Mother Nancy

Options
2»

Comments

• kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Oh Cheryl,
    I'm so moved that you have come on here to share. I live in Japan, and this board has been a life line to me, and Nancy has a very special place in my heart, not least of all because of your little brothers and you. (I have two 13-year olds and a 20-year-old.) Last year when we were both doing the same chemo, we had a lot of e-mail contact and I did chat with her on the phone recently. I was so impressed with her approach to fighting cancer and matter-of- fact way of handling everything, including making videos, albums, and cards etc. She told me you were holding the video camera for her initially, and then she invested in a tripod. (That could not have been an easy thing for you to do!) I could tell that you were very close and I know she was so proud of your career choice.

Please tell your mom I am praying everyday for a miracle in her life. Please keep us posted, when you get a chance.

Love and warm hugs,
    kathleen
  • kellyh33
    kellyh33 Member Posts: 287
    Options
    Your Mom and our friend
    Nancy is loved and respected by everyone on this board and I am sure by everyone that knows her. She really helped me a lot when my Mom was diagnosed last year.
    My heart is feeling so heavy and sad for your Mom and for all of you too.
    I hope you both know how many lives she has an impact on.
    I am so sorry.
    Kelly
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    kellyh33 said:

Your Mom and our friend
    Nancy is loved and respected by everyone on this board and I am sure by everyone that knows her. She really helped me a lot when my Mom was diagnosed last year.
    My heart is feeling so heavy and sad for your Mom and for all of you too.
    I hope you both know how many lives she has an impact on.
    I am so sorry.
    Kelly

I am sorry
    I am so sorry to hear about Nancy, thanks for keeping us posted
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options
    azgrandma said:

I am sorry
    I am so sorry to hear about Nancy, thanks for keeping us posted

Thanks
    Cheryl: I appreciate you posting to keep us updated. I can only imagine what you are going through. Be strong when you need to be strong and then let someone else be strong for you.

(((HUGS)))

LQ
  • antcat
    antcat Member Posts: 270
    Options

She Is Loved by Many
    Your mom is a sweet soul, deeply loved and respected by so many on this board. Everyone is so sad that her body is fading. Everyone knows that her spirit fights on, and will live forever.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Nancy is loved by all
    Thank you for letting us know about Nancy. I haven't been on this board long, but replied back and forth with your mom quite often. I always told her I think she is very courageous and strong. She always answered my questions and I am so sad to hear she is weaker. I wish things could have turned out differently, and will miss her but know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thank-you
    Thank-you for letting us know how your Mom is doing and please give her our love. Her posts always inspired me with her stregnth and grace.
    Colleen
  • MK_4Dani
    MK_4Dani Member Posts: 314
    Options
    Dear Nancy591
    When I was first dx, you were the first person to reach out to me thru this board and e-mail. I was amazed that a total stranger would write kind words, give inspiration, support and to share our similar hopes and fears. I know how very hard you have fought in this battle, even now when your body is so tired. I am thinking about you throughout the day and send my love and hugs.
    Your daughter has been keeping us updated just as she promised....thank you for that.
    Mary
  • pattysoo
    pattysoo Member Posts: 170
    Options
    Thanks
    As you can tell from the many, many responses to your post, Nancy is very highly regarded on this board. She has helped so many of us. Thank you for informing us of her condition, and please give her a big hug from us.
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    YOUR PRECIOUS MOTHER IS TRULY BLESSED. . .
    . . . so blessed to have a wonderful family. Thank you so much for updating about your Mother's ongoing battle. She is such an inspiration, such a fighter, and has been a mainstay on this board for so many. How I wish I could return to her the strength and love that she has given. You are such a wonderful daughter to take the time to let us know how Nancy is doing. May our Dear Lord bless all of you, give you strength, and give Nancy peace.

My luv, hugs and prayers,
    Monika
  • KarynH
    KarynH Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Your Mom Nancy
    Although I don't say much, I come to this board everyday. Like you and so many other daughters here, I have been traveling this path beside my mother. I know that in a blink of an eye things can change and am thankful for every moment I spend with her. Your mom has helped so many people with her example of courage, and has inspired those who look for answers with guidance and wisdom. Nancy and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.